Hidden or unannounced features in 2.02

• Thread starter TCSdisable
  • 337 comments
Not sure if its been mentioned, but when in a seasonal event screen (where you select track), the icon to access your garage has moved from the bottom right up to where the prize list and usual opponent lists are.

The seasonals now give out level tickets for golding all 5 races. Nice touch I think

Mount Panorama (Bathurst) Track would be the ultimate, but I don't think that's ever going to happen.

Keep the faith! I think it will happen. Spa was just as unbelievable and now we have it!

This 2.02 update is brilliant. I especially love the undocumented changes, such as:

option to enable penalties in free-run online
option to force no abs online
custom HUD display

These changes can be more significant than they seem.

You're quite correct. All I would say, being an Aussie, is PD should add a Australian Ford road car (falcon v8), and a Holden Supercar. They have the Ford Supercar in there now along with Holden road cars. Then we could have Ford Vs Holden races, all Aussies, and I'm sure many other people would love this.

Mount Panorama (Bathurst) Track would be the ultimate, but I don't think that's ever going to happen.

I'm not an aussie, but I agree with you. They had some nice Fords on GT4. Where are them? The FPVs? :(

Can you still spectate races on the DLC tracks if you haven't bought them or does it kick you out of the lobby?

you can race them online even if you haven't bought them, people in the US that had to wait for the DLC were still racing the tracks online before it came out here.

I've looked around, and no one seems to notice you cannot buy the X2010 anymore.

I have no idea why they'd remove it, and personally, that's my biggest disappointment with PD so far (great update(s) overall).

PP and HP shows and changes for GT Auto

i've looked around, and no one seems to notice you cannot buy the x2010 anymore.

I have no idea why they'd remove it, and personally, that's my biggest disappointment with pd so far (great update(s) overall).

X2011.

you can race them online even if you haven't bought them, people in the US that had to wait for the DLC were still racing the tracks online before it came out here.

Apparently you can't anymore with this update, but I want to know if they get kicked from the lobby or not. Would be quite annoying if it just kicks people out.

Bloom in photomode is back - yay
You can now turn on/off separate hud elements! - how the hell they didn't list that!?!
Filters aplied in camera mode now are seen in whole replay, not only in camera mode

Noticed this too. I really appreciate this after I have become quite the photographer lol.

I did notice the bloom effect is a little overdone on Kart Space though. It hurts the eyes haha.:sly:

The seasonals now give out level tickets for golding all 5 races. Nice touch I think

I hope they reward further (higher tickets) by golding it within proper pp limitations. That would be the best feature ever. I tried that with the Mazda roadster seasonal a few months ago, but the only reward I ever got was extra XP added to Lvl 40. :)

Well, I know it's because you can now buy the X2011, but I still see no reason for removing it.

If you go by that very same logic, now that the GT-R 2012 is available, the older version will be removed from the game. Same goes for the new Mini, etc.

Just because you make a newer version available, it doesn't mean we don't want the old one anymore.

And, as I was posting this, I turned the game on again, and the car is miraculously back.

Exiting a seasonal race now takes you back to the seasonal menu. Not to GT Life.

Or has it been this way for a while since I haven't done any seasonals for ages (new found addiction to online).
Good to know. I always hated having to go back to GT Life then back into Seasonals. 👍

But if you havent bought the DLC, them you cannot buy the X2011, and you now cannot buy the X2010

Not to burst your bubble, but some people just might have a valid reason. Take myself for example, my PS3 was YLOD for a good chunk of the last 4 months, including through October when 2.0 came out. When I could finally play I went through what seasonals I really wanted to do. Then I moved on to other games as most people do. Some people don't just sit and play GT5 every day. When I went back to GT5 I got up to 20M quite quickly yet had nothing *I* wanted to buy. When I would finally buy things, it was back up to 20M within a race or 2. When you're at the cap so rapidly, there's no point in banging out a whole 5 race seasonal in a session. So yes, some people might not have got to them all and are right to be disappointed that they've been removed without warning considering they've just been piling up. When something goes on for months it becomes the norm, and a deviation is not expected.

It isn't "our fault" for not doing them and there are plenty of valid reasons for not doing them. You can take your elitist "I did them therefore everyone else should have" view and sod off. You don't equal the rest of the players.

Well... actually they are called "Seasonal events" for a reason... they last only for some time. Then they get deleted by new "Seasonal events" exactly as seasons do... ;-)

Can you switch off the flags/usernames above cars while keeping other HUD elements? I hope this can be done by removing the driver list.
I can't wait to get home and try this update!

Yep. You get full customisation of the HUD.

Wrong. We still do not get full customisation. The new options are basically to remove some of the elements when hud is on. If you want to get rid of your live lap timing, split times, position or player names/flags, you still need to turn hud completely off.

Sigh. I'm glad they've improved the options, but of course they couldn't get it completely right. That would require tremendous foresight.

The pontiac GTO '04 sounds fantastic now with full mods and race exhaust 814hp too, not sure if its up on power but it stuck in my mind, wonderful.

Yea the only bad thing about this car now is that at night the taillights still don't stay lit any other time besides when you hit the brakes. Minor annoyance, but a bit distracting when, as far as I can tell, all other cars I have driven do.

Back