Hidden or unannounced features in 2.02

• Thread starter TCSdisable
  • 337 comments
Is it just me, or is the Top Gear Test Track no longer selectable? I'm probably just being blind, but I don't see it in either practice mode or the track selection for 'my lounge'??? :confused: :confused:

EDIT: Yes, I'm being blind.

Last edited:
Is it just me, or is the Top Gear Test Track no longer selectable? I'm probably just being blind, but I don't see it in either practice mode or the track selection for 'my lounge'???

This sounds quite ominous. Can anybody else confirm this? Perhaps it's a licensing issue?

Drifted there today with my CLK on new wheels so it's still there. Also finally it looks good on photos with bloom :)

DJW_GT
Is it just me, or is the Top Gear Test Track no longer selectable? I'm probably just being blind, but I don't see it in either practice mode or the track selection for 'my lounge'??? :confused: :confused:

spunwicked
This sounds quite ominous. Can anybody else confirm this? Perhaps it's a licensing issue?

I was driving on it online about 10 minutes ago. So it's still available for me.

Apologies, I just realised I'm not on my main account, so haven't completed the Top gear event. Whoops... I guess I'll go hide in a hole for 6 months or so. :embarrassed: :embarrassed:

*Lack of sleep getting to me here*

Apologies, I just realised I'm not on my main account, so haven't completed the Top gear event whoops... I'll go hide in a hole for 6 months or so. :embarrassed: :embarrassed:
*Lack of sleep getting to me here*
It's you man. :lol: I need some sleep myself.

A red star appears next to the seasonal events can, presumably when there's new ones.

I also got a seasons treating from kaz as I logged in!

Don't know if it's just me or is it harder to mis-shift espacially from 1st - 2nd now. Anyway that's one of the best changes imo. Also, the clutch felt more realistic, not so 'on/offish'.

OT: Again got a good laugh when coming to GTPlanet forums today and one of the first topics was 2.02 disappointment thread haha.

I got a christmas card from Gran Turismo when I logged in!
Me too. A nice touch from Kaz. 👍
You mean the cockpit hud? Had one before too, if I'm not mistaken. I remember thinking how it is a nice feature but hardly beneficial since just skimming over it would spin me out of the track:)
Did it? Sorry, I don't drive the X2010 often and I thought it was new. :dunce:

strike! there are 5 new licence events... made them on gold already.
sorry, just kidding... couldn't bite back this one... I apologize!!!
But it would be sooooooooooooooooooooooooooo cool to have new licences!!!!
Please PD...next time give us more of them!!!

If you don't have DLC tracks you cant race them online. Confirmed by my friend while in my lounge.

This boggles my mind, it has essentially made the DLC tracks next to useless. No A-Spec events for them, no Seasonal events for them and now we can't use them in a league because some people may not own the track. I don't know why I'd even bother buying any new tracks if this is the new policy. Massively disappointed. 👎

strike! there are 5 new licence events... made them on gold already.
sorry, just kidding... couldn't bite back this one... I apologize!!!
But it would be sooooooooooooooooooooooooooo cool to have new licences!!!!
Please PD...next time give us more of them!!!
AUP
You will not knowingly post any material that is false, misleading, or inaccurate.
:sly:

This boggles my mind, it has essentially made the DLC tracks next to useless. No A-Spec events for them, no Seasonal events for them and now we can't use them in a league because some people may not own the track. I don't know why I'd even bother buying any new tracks if this is the new policy. Massively disappointed. 👎

Are you serious? People being allowed to race on a track that they didn't pay for was nothing but an oversight by PD. It was more then expected that this would get fixed.

^ Then what's the point of even having them if you can't race on them with your friends (if they haven't bought the DLC)?

I had Spa scheduled as the final race of the season for my league, now it has to be removed. Very sad as this was the track we were all looking forward to racing the most. 👎

^ Then what's the point of even having them if you can't race on them with your friends (if they haven't bought the DLC)?

How is this supposed to work? I pay money for the tracks and because you are my friend you get to race it too? With that logic everyone just has to be friends with everyone else, 1 person pays $11.99 (that's PDs complete income) and we can all go racing!

how is this supposed to work? I pay money for the tracks and because you are my friend you get to race it too? With that logic everyone just has to be friends with everyone else, 1 person pays $11.99 (that's pds complete income) and we can all go racing!

$4.99

Because at the end of the day, PD is still a business and they have to make money. How much are they going to make if one guy buys DLC tracks and allows all of his friends to race in his room?

I had Spa scheduled as the final race of the season for my league, now it has to be removed. Very sad as this was the track we were all looking forward to racing the most. 👎

💡 They buy the DLC, which is exactly what Sony want!

So far GT was the only game i've ever come across that let users use the DLC for free competitively. COD and the likes block you from the rooms. People have been allowed a taster for nearly 3 months. Stop being so cheap and go out and buy it now.

Because at the end of the day, PD is still a business and they have to make money. How much are they going to make if one guy buys DLC tracks and allows all of his friends to race in his room?

Actually, if it was just "friends" it would be less of a "problem" for PD. But anyone could join public room with the DLC tracks.

How is this supposed to work? I pay money for the tracks and because you are my friend you get to race it too? With that logic everyone just has to be friends with everyone else, 1 person pays $11.99 (that's PDs complete income) and we can all go racing!

If I rent a movie, my friends can watch it free of charge. If I buy a pizza, my friends can have a slice free of charge. If I purchase a CD and play it at a party I don't go around charging everyone that's listening to it. Also, you can only have 100 friends on your list so they would obviously sell more than 1 track pack.

What better way to encourage people to buy the tracks for themselves then by letting them have a taste of it's magnificence online? Just like the free samples at the grocery store, we'll give you a taste which will make you want to buy your own! The value of these tracks just went way down since I'll only be able to race on it with select friends who also bought the DLC. Why would I want to set the track to something that would eliminate some of my friends from being able to race with me? "Sorry guys, you're not allowed to participate in this race because we're going to do it on a track you don't have access to." Again, 👎

I understand your guys point, but for me it just made these DLC tracks almost worthless.

Latest Posts

Back