Hidden or unannounced features in 2.02

• Thread starter TCSdisable
  • 337 comments
Folk have had since the first batch of DLC to try the track, I honestly think it was a deliberate thing by PD to allow sharing of Spa / Space Kart to tempt people to buy by allowing users to sample the tracks without paying.

If you race on a track that eliminates people then it's their own fault for not buying the DLC. Simple as. The price isn't expensive at all.

If you race on a track that eliminates people then it's their own fault for not buying the DLC. Simple as. The price isn't expensive at all.

Or, it's my fault for picking a track they can't race on which is a bit of a jerk move in my opinion. I pretty much exclusively race with people on my friends list and I can't mandate that they buy a track just so they can race with me.

What better way to encourage people to buy the tracks for themselves then by letting them have a taste of it's magnificence online?

Exactly! Pretty much all GT players have had a try of the track themselves, and can now decide If they want to purchase it. PD is a bussiness, not a charity!

I understand your guys point, but for me it just made these DLC tracks almost worthless.

Actually...this should've been implemented when DLC was first launched. Name another game that allowed you to share DLC with your friends. People should've realized this would've happen sooner or later knowing that there's no free lunch in this world. And these DLC tracks aren't useless...go find other racers online who have this track and enjoy it!

Please back on topic, Brandon there is a disappointing thread waiting for you. You should love it there.

If I rent a movie, my friends can watch it free of charge. If I buy a pizza, my friends can have a slice free of charge. If I purchase a CD and play it at a party I don't go around charging everyone that's listening to it. Also, you can only have 100 friends on your list so they would obviously sell more than 1 track pack.

What better way to encourage people to buy the tracks for themselves then by letting them have a taste of it's magnificence online? Just like the free samples at the grocery store, we'll give you a taste which will make you want to buy your own! The value of these tracks just went way down since I'll only be able to race on it with select friends who also bought the DLC. Why would I want to set the track to something that would eliminate some of my friends from being able to race with me? "Sorry guys, you're not allowed to participate in this race because we're going to do it on a track you don't have access to." Again, 👎

I understand your guys point, but for me it just made these DLC tracks almost worthless.
What backwards logic is this?

If you buy the DLC your friends can also play... with your account.

If you rent a movie another copy doesn't magically show up at your friends place. Nor does a Pizza.

And these DLC tracks aren't useless...go find other racers online who have this track and enjoy it!

I already have a great group of friends that I race with regularly. Some of them have kids and a lot of people in my country are experiencing tough financial times, they may not have an extra $5 to spend on a video game.

Your points are all valid, I'm just speaking from my personal position, and from my position these tracks have now become virtually useless.

If I rent a movie, my friends can watch it free of charge. If I buy a pizza, my friends can have a slice free of charge. If I purchase a CD and play it at a party I don't go around charging everyone that's listening to it. Also, you can only have 100 friends on your list so they would obviously sell more than 1 track pack.

Wow! It had been a while since I last read something this stupid!

What backwards logic is this?

If you buy the DLC your friends can also play... with your account.

If you rent a movie another copy doesn't magically show up at your friends place. Nor does a Pizza.

That would be awesome, finally I could drive a GTR IRL. My friend that has a friend, who has a friend in Japan, knows a friend and his friend has GTR :D

What better way to encourage people to buy the tracks for themselves then by letting them have a taste of it's magnificence online? Just like the free samples at the grocery store, we'll give you a taste which will make you want to buy your own! The value of these tracks just went way down since I'll only be able to race on it with select friends who also bought the DLC. Why would I want to set the track to something that would eliminate some of my friends from being able to race with me? "Sorry guys, you're not allowed to participate in this race because we're going to do it on a track you don't have access to." Again, 👎

To be honest, I do see your point aswell. Guess there's no perfect solution!

Sorry to have side-tracked the thread, I was just very dismayed when I found out an update has forced me to rework my league schedule and rendered tracks that I've paid good money for as a novelty that can only be used in rare situations (for me, maybe not for the majority). This will be the last I speak of it in this thread.

I am quite happy about being able to limit the number of people in a private lounge, improved tire wear/sound effects, having penalties on during free-run/qualifying, and improved HUD options. 👍

Can you switch off the flags/usernames above cars while keeping other HUD elements? I hope this can be done by removing the driver list.
I can't wait to get home and try this update!

If you buy the DLC, your friends can come over and watch you play - free of charge.

The point is, there is no such thing as a free lunch. It my be easy for you to download and install the dlc, but it actually takes some work from PD to create those packs. And generally, people who are working needs a wage, and in order for the company to pay their workers, it needs to have an income. This is where paying for the dlc comes in.

Yes, it would be a shiny happy world if everything was free, but we're not quite there yet.

They've added 'star' indicators underneath the individual seasonal events so you can tell which/how many you've completed. Also, not sure, but there seems to a few more B-Spec seasonal. I may just have missed this, i've not been on GT for a bit.

Calamar
Can you switch off the flags/usernames above cars while keeping other HUD elements? I hope this can be done by removing the driver list.
I can't wait to get home and try this update!

Yep. You get full customisation of the HUD.

Exiting a seasonal race now takes you back to the seasonal menu. Not to GT Life.

Or has it been this way for a while since I haven't done any seasonals for ages (new found addiction to online).

Exiting a seasonal race now takes you back to the seasonal menu. Not to GT Life.

Or has it been this way for a while since I haven't done any seasonals for ages (new found addiction to online).

Nope that's new and it was about time.

After 2.02 just found a lot minor update in standard Car
Anyone could help for list?

At least We found...

Gran Turismo Skyline GT-R (Pace) 01, Roof light flash again
Mazda Furai, side light are Turn on
Loctice Mugen NSX 01, Front wheel color corrected.

any more?

They can do useless, childish garbage like this but not include Australian content? Shambles I say.

They can do useless, childish garbage like this but not include Australian content? Shambles I say.

I'm in my thirties and I think it's a plus.

I'm also from the UK (which is practically not represented barring a few standard cars). The only UK track is the TGTT, which is nice but a bit of a shame really.

You Sir, need this thread.

I noticed in wardz video that standard cars seem to have even brighter headlights, since it look like a premium car version, and speaking of premium cars, it appears that the driver animation of get hand in position to changes gears has been tweaked more since 2.0 update. It finally getting to how it was in GT5:P

Bloom in photomode is back - yay
You can now turn on/off separate hud elements! - how the hell they didn't list that!?!
Filters aplied in camera mode now are seen in whole replay, not only in camera mode

Finally they fixed it, thanks for the info!!!

After 2.02 just found a lot minor update in standard Car
Anyone could help for list?

At least We found...

Gran Turismo Skyline GT-R (Pace) 01, Roof light flash againMazda Furai, side light are Turn on
Loctice Mugen NSX 01, Front wheel color corrected.

any more?

If this is true I'm going to take back *some* of the things I've said about PD over the years:tup:

I noticed that now in the Seasonal events (excluding Time and Drift Trials) you win a gift car ticket for winning every race in each event with gold. When I opened the Super GT seasonal (which I have already completed months ago) I was gifted Gift Car Ticket Lv.20.

Oops! Ha :) Okay, perhaps Australia is hugely under-represented, but then a lot of places are. Particularly when it comes to cars.

You're quite correct. All I would say, being an Aussie, is PD should add a Australian Ford road car (falcon v8), and a Holden Supercar. They have the Ford Supercar in there now along with Holden road cars. Then we could have Ford Vs Holden races, all Aussies, and I'm sure many other people would love this.

Mount Panorama (Bathurst) Track would be the ultimate, but I don't think that's ever going to happen.

Is it just me, or loading times are significantly reduced? - specially before races, loading other drivers

Back