Hidden or unannounced features in 2.02

• Thread starter TCSdisable
  • 337 comments
With the pace car lights, I only have one nitpick... I tried them at night and they don't light up the ground xD

Long shot I know, but I wish they did do that. Maybe in the next update? XD

amar212
AI driving is much competitive now.

Race leaders (2-3 cars) are running really good pace and there is no *brake/overtake* policy.

Nice stuff there 👍

Except on the Seasonal Stars & Stripes Daytona race. The stupid AI brake going into turn 1, 3 and right before the start-finish line. Very disappointing.

Last edited:
DaveTheStalker
Except on the Seasonal Stars & Stripes Daytona race. The stupid AI brake going into turn 1, 3 and right before the start-finish line. Very disappointing.

Why am I not surprised.

I think they've changed it back to what is was before a recent update.

Early seasonal races have been removed without warning or expiration date. I hadn't done them so am a bit annoyed, especially as i've only just got a ferrari f1 car

I have to be brutally honest about the seasonal races. The ones taken down were there for a LONG time. If you or anyone else didn't do them after all that time, it's your own fault. And even the F1 isn't an excuse with the 200% bonus and 200k (400k with bonus) seasonal races up for grinding. Just a couple nights ago I went from 10 million to 20 million in a couple hours of grinding, and that was with buying any used car I didn't have every 5 races aside from multi-million dollar rides.

I am sorry, but there's no excuse that could make me feel bad for anyone who missed any of the seasonals that were taken down tonight. I don't care if there was no expire date. It's Seasonal Events......and those things have been up there since the summer. Welcome to Winter. Not trying to be too harsh, but really........

I have to be brutally honest about the seasonal races. The ones taken down were there for a LONG time. If you or anyone else didn't do them after all that time, it's your own fault. And even the F1 isn't an excuse with the 200% bonus and 200k (400k with bonus) seasonal races up for grinding. Just a couple nights ago I went from 10 million to 20 million in a couple hours of grinding, and that was with buying any used car I didn't have every 5 races aside from multi-million dollar rides.

I am sorry, but there's no excuse that could make me feel bad for anyone who missed any of the seasonals that were taken down tonight. I don't care if there was no expire date. It's Seasonal Events......and those things have been up there since the summer. Welcome to Winter. Not trying to be too harsh, but really........

They were fun to do though and provided a good way to test out cars which belonged to the different category races. Some of them, yeah, weren't that good, but others I still race on now.

LarryL

Well said, totally agree

The first person view seems a little different. It too seems to have a slight dynamic feel to it. Most noticed when sliding. It seems to rotate to give more of a sense of the rear end getting loose.

Can't drive on Spa now without DLC

Sorry but I find this totaly ok and a good change from PD.

Under Options> General> Race Display you can now edit HUD items independently. You can individually turn off Speedo & Rev, Suggested Gear (yey!), Tyre Load, Time or Driver list.

Yeah, that sounds great. Especially that you can turn the suggested gear off.

The first person view seems a little different. It too seems to have a slight dynamic feel to it. Most noticed when sliding. It seems to rotate to give more of a sense of the rear end getting loose.

Was the very first thing I noticed other than my SC300 sounding cooler.

Yeah, that sounds great. Especially that you can turn the suggested gear off.

Would be great if we could 'force' players to have this off like we can set TC, ABS etc to 'off' in lobbies.

Will make for some tasty overtakes as people out-break themselves because I know a lot of people who use the gear indicator as a pseudo brake marker.

I was doing the new Seasonal (Daytona) and the AI car was following me trying to draft off of me It was crazy.

I noticed this also that the AI did not break as hard or mabye at all on Daytona in the seasonal event. i set my Dodge Viper ACR the same as the AI used same (HP, weight, and tyres) and it was a good close race 👍

My issue isn't the removal so much as the lack of communication. As i said elsewhere maybe they don't work with the revised ai but there's no explanation in the update log.

Otherwise it is a brilliant update and admittedly normally seasonals aren't part of the update but they did all get removed at the same time. I hope they get replaced with similar ones.

Last edited:
wJrvd.jpg

wtf man YES! This means we don't have to worry about bad laps in pre-race quali! (as long as the tracks don't have glitched penalty zones, which I'm testing now)

I can take any screenshots of other features you guys would like as well (with my HD-PVR)

@ Wardez

Please can you get some pics/vids of Pace car lights, altered chase cam and rotating cockpit cam?

Here's a shot of the new HUD options in the quick options. I can finally turn off that damned suggested gear!

RRpr7.jpg

@ Wardez

Please can you get some pics/vids of Pace car lights, altered chase cam and rotating cockpit cam?

YEah I'll do that.

I'll get video of the flashing...flashing...lights-lights.

Here's a shot of the new HUD options in the quick options. I can finally turn off that damned suggested gear!

RRpr7.jpg

YEah I'll do that.

I'll get video of the flashing...flashing...lights-lights.

You Sir, are a star :)

Don't quite know what you mean about "rotating cockpit" but the chase cam seems the same.

Yeah really, but even my series (which is pretty dedicated to realism) will probably still allow it since most of us run it at "1" anyway.

Not to burst your bubble, but some people just might have a valid reason. Take myself for example, my PS3 was YLOD for a good chunk of the last 4 months, including through October when 2.0 came out. When I could finally play I went through what seasonals I really wanted to do. Then I moved on to other games as most people do. Some people don't just sit and play GT5 every day. When I went back to GT5 I got up to 20M quite quickly yet had nothing *I* wanted to buy. When I would finally buy things, it was back up to 20M within a race or 2. When you're at the cap so rapidly, there's no point in banging out a whole 5 race seasonal in a session. So yes, some people might not have got to them all and are right to be disappointed that they've been removed without warning considering they've just been piling up. When something goes on for months it becomes the norm, and a deviation is not expected.

It isn't "our fault" for not doing them and there are plenty of valid reasons for not doing them. You can take your elitist "I did them therefore everyone else should have" view and sod off. You don't equal the rest of the players.

The chase cam sways and bobs around very noticeably over uneven surfaces wardez.

Another thing that's been mentioned is photo filters staying active outside of photo mode. I had the cool filter applied to random cameras in the replay, but also still showing in the rolling start intro and even the rear view cam during subsequent races. Not desirable and probably a bug.

lol, just scream out loud YES, while reading we can turn of pretty much everything in the hud, this wouldn´t be a problem, except i'm at work

now I can finally drive standards with cockpit view speedmoter and nothing else.

The chase cam sways and bobs around very noticeably over uneven surfaces wardez.

Another thing that's been mentioned is photo filters staying active outside of photo mode. I had the cool filter applied to random cameras in the replay, but also still showing in the rolling start intro and even the rear view cam during subsequent races. Not desirable and probably a bug.

Then I would say that it's a nice option with a bit unlucky way of control. :)

Hmm, ok I see what you mean now, making another video.

But before I do, any info. on "rotating cockpit"?

Latest Posts

Back