Hidden or unannounced features in 2.02

• Thread starter TCSdisable
  • 337 comments
1. The gt life menu is easier to navigate with less moves.
2. Going off track is more of a penalty now. Its bumpier and affects you more.
3. You can really HEAR the draft in roof cam with the pumped up wind noise. When you enter a slipstream, the wind noise dies down.
4. Tire screeching toned down.
5. All dlc cars appear locked in ncd, enticing you to buy the dlc

Many others, this is a substantial update!

Just noticed in arcade that (maybe) the npc's car color is now picked at random, I just went head to head against a H-O-T pink Lexus LFA.

And is it me, or does the paint on the cars seem......different? They seem to have a much more metallic look to them.

It must not be you, I saw it too. I'm pretty sure they're more shiny and reflective rather then metallic like.

I had a RUF set aside to re-paint before the update, went to paint it after and thought the paint had changed slightly - changed my mind and kept it. Maybe the lighting changed? Others have reported standard cars looking better in general.

Not sure if this is new, but I think there's now a curb sound.

Was riding on the black strip between the distance markers and track on TGTT before hammerhead and could clearly hear a "thump thump thump."

Im not sure if the AI have improved, but I just won two seasonal races by only .055 & .014 seconds. Thats matching the pp and tires. Seems like theyre harder to catch up to.

In my opinion, this update is as important as Spec II... well I mean, its feels more polished. They actually reworked all the game. Physics, sounds, menu, "minor details" everything...is redone or patched at least.
I guess maybe this is what Yamauchi-San wanted from GT5 from day zero.

A.I is definitelly smarter... I've been playing some A-Spec events and its all different. They really fight for positions and their movements isn't anymore 100% scripted.

I'm happy with the new update and DLC, but some feedback PD should be aware of:

- The issue with having duplicate helmets and/or suits individually organized still exists.

- Photomode effects staying on when going back to racing. It might be cool, but it'd be nice if they would deactivate themselves after going back to the GT Life screen.

- The description of "Change Wheels" in GT Auto still reads "You cannot change the wheels on a standard model car."

Sorry if this is already mentioned, but the M3 CSL sounds different by quiet a difference. I KNOW my CSL, so I'm pretty sure. Not sure if it's for the better though. I think I like the older, grumpier sound better.

I've only skim-read the thread, so sorry if this has been pointed out before:
there now seems to be a greater variation in the AI cars - both in terms of what cars they drive and what colours they are. I noticed this most on the B-spec Indy event: normally, the first time you load it up the second car is the McLaren F1, the second time you load it up the second car is a Ford Falcon amd the third is an XJ220. I loaded the event up a couple of times this morning and saw a couple of line-ups that I've never seen before, and I've run that event possibly hundreds of times...

I've only skim-read the thread, so sorry if this has been pointed out before:
there now seems to be a greater variation in the AI cars - both in terms of what cars they drive and what colours they are. I noticed this most on the B-spec Indy event: normally, the first time you load it up the second car is the McLaren F1, the second time you load it up the second car is a Ford Falcon amd the third is an XJ220. I loaded the event up a couple of times this morning and saw a couple of line-ups that I've never seen before, and I've run that event possibly hundreds of times...

That sounds cool. 👍 Still, how about proper grids for the Indy 500 and Nurburgring 24 hours?

I don't know if it's my brain playing mind tricks at me but is the clutch more "realistic" since the update 2.02?

I use a Logitech G27.

Joao71
I don't know if it's my brain playing mind tricks at me but is the clutch more "realistic" since the update 2.02?

I use a Logitech G27.

Can you explain further?

Mercedes Benz SL55 AMG - finally fixed the problem with kmh-mph. I mean, I am using kmh, but SL55 AMG had mph on cockpit, and when I drove 160kmh (on digital display) SL55 showed on cockpit 160mph. Plus - also U/min is fixed, which showed different on SL cockpit and on digital dispaly.
There were other cars with such a problem, but I didnt check them out yet.

What is extremly annoing, and what I didnt test yet, are the brake lights at night - they are almost invisible. I wish the brake light were so bright as in real life - check out Audi A6 brake light - they almost can damage your sight with their LEDs, and in GT, it is almost invisible.

Seems when you crash there are more consequences, its more realistic. Scraping up against a barrier slows you down more and crashing into AI or other drivers cars is more violent and unpredictable. The AI are defiantly a lot smarter too.

The track map appears now to be a vector image, so no more jagged edges, it also moves a lot more intelligently although a little rough at times. Same with the new chase cam, that sometimes "jumps" a bit, especially when doing donuts!

The sounds are more dynamic too, im not sure if they were there before but there is rain sounds as well as road water sound. Other vehicles sounds are more unique, tracking of them in theater/surround sound is better too.

Here's one:

Since I started CRAP I have gone from 3 to 100 "friends" on PSN so when I want to go to the CRAP lounges, all on separate PSN ID's and all lvl 0, I have to scroll through nearly 100 friends to get to the bottom of the list as it filters via level.

Just now I tried and my A-Spec lvl 38 profile is at the bottom with all the CRAP lounges... it's never happened before & I reckon they've made it so your profile appears in the list next to the most used lounge.

Anyone else noticed? Thoughts?

High LSD IT settings, behave as they should now. Feels very go-kart ish. Time to retune all cars (to sport or RH tires), that is, if PD doesn't decide on a hotfix should anything be broken.

This is a major update, cars handle way different, albeit toward realism, and I'm all for that.

Online racing feels 1.5x faster than before, I need to relearn to drive high HP cars

Starts from the starting line, really reward non-floored accel pedals, I blasted past when feathering my throttle, as the rest of the pack immediately blew 12% of their RS tires at start, lol

I also feel Wing Downforce really presses more than before, if you maxed them that is. Time to ease up on the wings.

It's time for PD to implement tire pressure, I'd like to lose 15 psi.

I don't feel the desire to use my GTAuto Coupons, but if I do, they're going to my F1 / FGT cars. But I don't like how it restores pre-engine break in. I don't want that.

Last edited:
CSLACR
I tried mine already, and they did not. Of course maybe there's a button for them I'm unaware of? I tried high/low beam button, but gave up after that.

I think u may have tried the similar looking one but without the police lights?

Has anyone mentioned that the Golf R, at least, has the AeroCatch hood latches instead of the regular ones? Good details PD!👍

Back