High Performance Honda Thread: The S2000 is Back?

• Thread starter YSSMAN
  • 278 comments
Wasn't it confirmed last year or the year before that there was to be no more NSX? Wasn't it revealed that the HSC Concept is to be replacing it?

To be honest I think that is someones fake. I mean look at the workmanship

Sounds very nice. The engine even makes an awesome roar during light use on the streets which is pretty cool.

Was that a GT-R I saw following behind it in that one shot ~2:10 to ~2:16? And maybe a Gallardo that was in front of it?

Sounds very nice. The engine even makes an awesome roar during light use on the streets which is pretty cool.

Was that a GT-R I saw following behind it in that one shot ~2:10 to ~2:16? And maybe a Gallardo that was in front of it?

Couldn't tell what was behind it in those few shots, but doesn't that look like the upcoming Porsche Panamera in front of it?

I definitely like the sound of it so far. There was a Porsche in front of it and it appeared to be a Cayman, at least I think that is what I saw because it did not appear to have any kind of camouflage on it.

I love it! Looks good, sounds good, doesn't seem like an NSX though, so I hope they call it something new to be honest.

I noticed that! (The low revs bark). It's aboutm time someone made a car that wasn't quite at low speeds.:D

If the X in NSX stood for "experiment," perhaps this one will be the NS1, tying the name of the car to what is probably an F1-inspired V10 along the lines of BMW's S85.

I noticed that! (The low revs bark). It's aboutm time someone made a car that wasn't quite at low speeds.:D

There are a lot of cars that make noise at low speeds. Mine makes a good noise under normal acceleration. I have a friend with a Cobra Mustang that sounded like it was at full throttle during normal acceleration. Hopefully this won't have a fart-can like drone at all ranges of rev and throttle input that can get oh so annoying.

There are a lot of cars that make noise at low speeds. Mine makes a good noise under normal acceleration. I have a friend with a Cobra Mustang that sounded like it was at full throttle during normal acceleration. Hopefully this won't have a fart-can like drone at all ranges of rev and throttle input that can get oh so annoying.

Remind me what your car is, and if this Cobra had an aftermarket exhaust of any kind? Most performance cars these days have little low rev noises.

Remind me what your car is, and if this Cobra had an aftermarket exhaust of any kind? Most performance cars these days have little low rev noises.

Knowing most "enthusiasts", it had a set of 2.5" pipes and Flowmasters...

In other words, that's normal for one... And it's also normal to sound like CRAP.

Philly's car is a Mk. V Golf/Rabbit GTi.

Knowing most "enthusiasts", it had a set of 2.5" pipes and Flowmasters...

In other words, that's normal for one... And it's also normal to sound like CRAP.

Philly's car is a Mk. V Golf/Rabbit GTi.

Normal and stock are different though, and if people have to buy an exhaust to make it sound then the manufacturer screwed up. (It's impossible to make a V8 sound bad by the way).:P

The Golf V GTI is very quiet at low rpm, I've seen any around, and never heard the engine. You'll nearly always hear the car inside, it's what others hear from the outside that is the worrying part.

no it isn't.. it can be too loud and sound like being on the edge of stalling.

Example? Sounding on the edge of stalling at idle sounds old school tough, but I wouldn't expect you to understand that.

Example? Sounding on the edge of stalling at idle sounds old school tough, but I wouldn't expect you to understand that.

Sounds old school? umm... it sounds like crap. Old school is loud and clear, not like it has <insert object here> in it's throat.

And yes believe it, I've heard plenty of ****ty V8 noises and yes some of them from your beloved GM that you can't get your head out of.

Wow... what I really respected and loved about the NSXs was how little they had, but how much they were capable of. The latest model of NSX had a 280hp, 3.2L V6... right? Well Gan San proved just how refined the NSX was when he ran 7'56 at Nurb, and schooled a couple of Lambos (among other more powerful competition) at Twin-Ring.

I agree, I want my mid-engine NSX back. This V10 nonsense is ridiculous. The NSX never needed a V10, or a remodel, or some lame conformity to your usual, every day sports car. The old NSX was something to remember and respect, always. When they updated the body with the last generation, they only showed the world just how much more potential the NSX had in being a bonified dream car. Now... it already just looks cheap and retarded.

The old NSX was a commercial failure, it was a flop. Sure it performed great, but no one bought it. No one wanted to pay £80k for a 280bhp car, and the development costs were a big factor in why it cost so much.

Sounds old school? umm... it sounds like crap. Old school is loud and clear, not like it has <insert object here> in it's throat.

And yes believe it, I've heard plenty of ****ty V8 noises and yes some of them from your beloved GM that you can't get your head out of.

You really are a blind old man aren't you? I don't know how many times I have to prove to ricer boys like yourself that I'm not biased towards GM. Having passion does not make me blind, but clearly the stickers all over your windscreen make you blind. Yes, I know that none of what I called you just there is likely true, but it shows I can apply stereotypes too ya rude user you. Now a high performance V8 won't sound like that as often (but when you consider that many sub-10sec drag cars almost sound like that, don't under estimate them), but a nice old school cruiser (yes, a cruiser, does anyone on GTP know what that is?), can sound like that and still be cool, characterised even.

If I'd known what it was and how new it was, I would've posted my pictures quicker. It sounded exactly like a Lamborghini V10 - there was 2 Gallardos circulating at various points during the day, and I thought it was one of those before it came into view.

Couldn't tell what was behind it in those few shots, but doesn't that look like the upcoming Porsche Panamera in front of it?

Not in the video, but it was there:

The old NSX was a commercial failure, it was a flop. Sure it performed great, but no one bought it. No one wanted to pay £80k for a 280bhp car, and the development costs were a big factor in why it cost so much.
Actually, it wasn't that big of a flop at all. In North America, when the sales went up from the original ($50-60K) MSRP (amazing how everyone believes the car was always worth $90K), the car still sold decently. But before one could call it a flop, in actuality, that redesign saved it. 2002's year saw around 50 more units produced over the previous year, with 2003 not far behind. 2004, sales dropped a little, but the 2005 year saw a final increase again.

The only thing that hurt was the rise in MSRP after 1995 & 1998. Before hand, the car was the biggest success in Japanese history along with the Skyline. Data would suggest over 19,000 NSXs were produced in the 15 year cycle.

You really are a blind old man aren't you?
No I'm 17 and have 20/20 vision.

I don't know how many times I have to prove to ricer boys like yourself that I'm not biased towards GM.
Now I'm not an old man but a boy? and a ricer boy at that? What makes me a ricer? Oh yeah by the way if I recall correctly (Yssman gets away with saying that I might too) that you yourself have mentioned a couple times that you are a GM fanboy. But I never called you a fanboy, I said "Your beloved" which can signify passion which you so clearly state that you have, then clearly thats the case. Yes I may of gone a little overboard in my post, but you most certainly have to.

Having passion does not make me blind, but clearly the stickers all over your windscreen make you blind. Yes, I know that none of what I called you just there is likely true, but it shows I can apply stereotypes too ya rude user you.
So this is just a game of applying stereotypes?
Then thats your life. Passion is different then fanboyism, passion is less extreme.

Now a high performance V8 won't sound like that as often (but when you consider that many sub-10sec drag cars almost sound like that, don't under estimate them), but a nice old school cruiser (yes, a cruiser, does anyone on GTP know what that is?), can sound like that and still be cool, characterised even.
Now your just pointing out the obvious and trying to save your remark about how all V8's sound godly.

And yes I know what a cruiser is, living in a hugely muscle car dominated part of California until you hit the city. A lot of which are teens buying rustbuckets that sound like there choking, I don't call that a good noise.

Now to say something about the car, um, Go Honda?:sly:

No I'm 17 and have 20/20 vision.

Now I'm not an old man but a boy? and a ricer boy at that? What makes me a ricer? Oh yeah by the way if I recall correctly (Yssman gets away with saying that I might too) that you yourself have mentioned a couple times that you are a GM fanboy. But I never called you a fanboy, I said "Your beloved" which can signify passion which you so clearly state that you have, then clearly thats the case. Yes I may of gone a little overboard in my post, but you most certainly have to.

So this is just a game of applying stereotypes?
Then thats your life. Passion is different then fanboyism, passion is less extreme.

Now your just pointing out the obvious and trying to save your remark about how all V8's sound godly.

And yes I know what a cruiser is, living in a hugely muscle car dominated part of California until you hit the city. A lot of which are teens buying rustbuckets that sound like there choking, I don't call that a good noise.

Now to say something about the car, um, Go Honda?:sly:

OK, then I'm sorry, the part where you said I "can't get my head out of GM" made it sound like you were accusing me of being a biased know-nothing idiot. Perhaps you can understand my response and forgive me?
That video is funny, but I've seen a funnier one about Aussie bogans:

If I was a pure domb-ass, I'd be like that, but coincidentally I'm nothing like that.;)

Nice pictures Roo, of both cars, well done. I can't wait to see this one without camo.

Back