Honda Fan Club - under new management

• Thread starter THE ED3
  • 4,581 comments
The second CRX looks awesome with those rims, really turned out to be a nice combo. Whats that S/C K20 packed into though? That looks like it would eat me and my future unborn babies for dinner then ask for seconds. :scared:

Did the HASport CRX have a K24 or K20? I can't remember. All I know is the thing made like 360 hp and that's freaking ridiculous!

Crazy contrast with those white and red rims..

Lovin the S2k for the most part, aside from the aerodynamics crap under the car.. But atleast its not a huge wing i suppose.

Your car looks sweet^^^ i was just checking out your cardomain thing.

I got my car's bolstered upholstered in leather today. He only had time to complete the drivers seat, so im cruising without a passengers seat at the moment, its kinda sweet actually.

Heyo!

I bought a 2006 S2000 last week. Add me to the list!

My Hondas:
  • 1987 Accord Sedan LX-i with manual 5 speed, gray, 187,000 miles (wrecked, sold)
  • 1993 Accord Sedan EX with manual 5 speed, brown, 223,000 miles (damaged, still own)
  • 2003 Civic Sedan EX with manual 5 speed, white, 65,000 miles (wrecked, sold)
  • 2004 Civic Hybrid with CVT, gray, 50,000 miles (going strong)
  • 2006 S2000 with manual 6 speed, Laguna Blue, 6,200 miles ... #&@%ing awesome!

I'd like to see an S2000 Type R, but that generally signifies an end of a model, and I don't know that I'm ready for that yet.

Its about time for a 2nd gen S2K IMO. I swear I heard a rumor about one somewhere but that was a while back and probably nothing more than that.

Well I hope they stick with the name scheme and name it properly after the engine displacement. I know it looks and sounds goofy but my car technically should be an S2200.

Perhaps it's time for an S3000? Inline 6 or something.

I'd like to see an S2000 Type R, but that generally signifies an end of a model, and I don't know that I'm ready for that yet.
The Civic Type R and NSX Type R didn't signify the end of the model. Only the Integra did, and that was in America. In Japan they still have another Integra Type R.

The s2k is pretty much a type R in itself. Its not going to get much more sporty. The reason there was a Type R version of other Honda models was to signify it was the sports car of that model range. But theres no use in making a sports model of a sports model, its already the most powerful NA 2.0L With the exception of the 2.2L models which never came here.

On a side note, welcome to the club LoudMusic

I think the goofy CR version is the last hoorah for the Stew. It's too bad, because the functional-yet-ricer wing and massive wall of a front air dam don't really do the car justice.

But your dream still holds strong in me, LM. I want a new one now, dammit! White. The brightest and purest white you can imagine. With a blue leather interior, but I want the bolsters of the seats to be alcantra. Mmmmm...

I think the goofy CR version is the last hoorah for the Stew. It's too bad, because the functional-yet-ricer wing and massive wall of a front air dam don't really do the car justice.

But your dream still holds strong in me, LM. I want a new one now, dammit! White. The brightest and purest white you can imagine. With a blue leather interior, but I want the bolsters of the seats to be alcantra. Mmmmm...

A few years ago the S was available in Grand Prix White with blue leather interior in Canada. Slap on the OEM lip, wing, and hard top, then powder coat the wheels to match the body paint, and lower it about an inch and a half. You'd be stylin' (:

Yeah, but unfortuantly not many people up here that bought them opted for the white colour. Almost every S2K that I see around here is either silver or black, with the odd white or blue one thrown in, but a pretty rare sight IMO.

I have to agree with Sp33 though, a S2k Type R would be like a Prelude Type R...stupid. A sport model of a sports car? I thought it was odd enough that there was an NSX Type R. :odd:

A few years ago the S was available in Grand Prix White with blue leather interior in Canada. Slap on the OEM lip, wing, and hard top, then powder coat the wheels to match the body paint, and lower it about an inch and a half. You'd be stylin' (:

Mmmm... I'm not sure if I'd get the short hardtop or the one that goes all the way back. But some white rims with a red lip, Spoon suspenders, and a nice NA kit from those guys. And then maybe a second, more mild stew that the ladies could actually hear themselves think in. :lol:

Not going to do it, unless I have scenery around to enjoy the whole movie. ;)

I actually don't blame you as I'm sort of the same way. There is plenty of time to enjoy it when the jobs done, and done right. I think its a farmer thing.

Okay guys, it's time for a new clutch. Soon. I let my buddy run a previous-gen V6 Eclipse, but I forgot to tell him to let the revs drop before he drops the clutch into the next gear. Result: tons of smoke. And the pedal is about an inch closer to me than it was before, and it was already in bad shape.

But I'm not going to blame him for it. Quite often I end up dragging the clutch badly because it's so worn.

So if ya'll have a clutch laying around for me send it my way. Or help me deal-hunt or something. I'm looking for a stock replacement, hopefully for cheap.

If you plan on keeping the car for very long, and driving it the way you sometimes do, why not invest in an aftermarket clutch that will give you better performance/shifts plus last longer than an OEM replacement. It might cost you a little more ($80+ depending on the brand and style) but in the long run, will bring you more enjoyment while driving your car.

Back