Honda Fan Club - under new management

• Thread starter THE ED3
  • 4,581 comments
Matt, there's no way that car of yours weighs less the an EG hatchback. Whateva. But 224 hp is very nice. High five!

So I went by this used car dealer to look at 3rd gen prelude SI... They had dropped the price several times and I was wondering why they couldn't sell it... It looked clean other than a bit of rust around the rear fenders.

After talking to the guy this is what he finally says.

"something fell out of the motor."

and then hes like OH BUT WE ALSO HAVE THIS 4 DOOR CIVIC IN BACK...

my interest peaked by this hoping very much its an EF... I get back there... nah... Its a 3rd gen pos with grass grown around it. I got out of there...

Before that I helped a friend out with his car that had broken down. He just bought this mk3 supra turbo and it slipped the fan belt and over heated. He couldn't get it running right so hes going to get it towed... All I had to say was man you should have bought a honda...

edit: New photos.

picture013vb6.jpg

picture024wq3.jpg

picture032en9.jpg

picture034pn8.jpg

picture040mb5.jpg

picture044pf9.jpg

that would look sweet with a front lip.

EDIT: Taurine did you smash you car again? If you didnt then i found your twin on trademe.

My buddy informed me that I'll have to get my flywheel resurfaced or get a new one, and get a new throwout bearing and something else I think. That sucks.

EDIT: I think everything I need comes with a typical clutch kit, and all I'll have to do is resurface the flywheel. Amirite?

My buddy informed me that I'll have to get my flywheel resurfaced or get a new one, and get a new throwout bearing and something else I think. That sucks.

EDIT: I think everything I need comes with a typical clutch kit, and all I'll have to do is resurface the flywheel. Amirite?
Yep, just a clutch kit. They come with everything you need. Although I still say you should upgrade your flywheel. Other than cost,(which isn't much) there's no reason not to, especially since you're gonna be taking it all apart anyways.

Usually throwout/thrust bearings don't come with the kit unless its a complete kit (I usually only get Clutch and pressure plate), but they are fairly cheap anyway but if they do you will probably need to press it on the carrier (not hard).

Resurfacing/machining flywheels is not expensive (just like machining brake rotors) just annoying when you need to remove the flywheel.

Usually throwout/thrust bearings don't come with the kit unless its a complete kit (I usually only get Clutch and pressure plate), but they are fairly cheap anyway but if they do you will probably need to press it on the carrier (not hard).

Resurfacing/machining flywheels is not expensive (just like machining brake rotors) just annoying when you need to remove the flywheel.

A friend of mine works at a local Honda dealership, and one of his coworkers has told me he'd install it for me at the dealership. All the tools we'll need are there, but I keep asking him all the parts I'm going to need because I want to be sure. Now that I know I can start shopping. I'll commission some of my Honda-freak friends to scout Ebay and stuff for a deal. They might even have what I need laying in their garages!

Just make sure its brand name items and not those cheap ebay knock off items. If you'd like to know why, I'll try to find the link for the guy with a G35 coupe and his engine destroying experience with an ebay crank pulley. :scared:

Sorry for the double post, but there are 2 important things that I think deserve their own post.

1. We hit over 3000 posts! PLUS, somehow, without trying, I now hold the ownerships to the 1000th, 2000th, and 3000th posts. :D 👍

2. Some sad news now. After 2 days on the market, my Prelude is no longer mine. Candles will be lit where I use to park her, and we will be holding a moment of silence in her memory tonight at midnight.

So, what are you doing about the sig? If you get rid of it you'll never get it back, no matter how much VTEC you hit.

I found the kit I want on Summit. It's made by Zoom, and is pretty much stock, but a little tougher. It sells from there for $320. Earlier a guy I know told me to look on Ebay for a brand called XTD. I told him "Dude, I think I took some of that **** at a party last weekend. I don't really remember." :lol:

And we need to get this "Club 8k" thing started. Eight-thousand rpm is pretty high as piston engines go, and the only people that have it as a title so far are myself and M-Spec with his Z4 M. LoudMusic needs to change it, and so does Matt. Taurine is in, especially since he doesn't have a trans slowing his engine down, lol. Anyone else?

So, what are you doing about the sig? If you get rid of it you'll never get it back, no matter how much VTEC you hit.
Thats why I haven't changed it yet. I like the look of it, and unfortuantly you don't have much in the way of "being creative and/or artistic" with the new signature format. Besides, I'll always be DOHC VTEC in my heart. :lol:

Ahh, that's more like it, Matt. For some reason I had a 3 stuck in my mind, as in 2353 pounds. But 2553 is still damn light, and you're about the same weight as my fatass Sol! :lol:

Hey guys, didnt posted here for a long time. I'm thinking about getting a Civic soon. Do you maybe know were to pay attention to?

Thnx in advance:tup:

You don't really need to pay attention to it because it'll probably be everywhere: Rust. What kind of Civic do you want? There was 1,312 variants of Honda Civic the last time I counted...

Hey, guys, what do you think of these? I think $110 is pretty cheap, considering the Omnipower units were like $230 or something.

2553 is getting up there. I find my hatch to be overweight and it can't weigh much over 2300 at this point.

1. It's a coupe, not a hatch.
2. It's an EX, so sunroof and other goodies add a few pounds.
3. It's still 200+ pounds lighter than an RSX, with more hp/tq on 100% OEM parts.

I think $110 is pretty cheap

You've already said the stock LCA are stronger than aftermarket, and then you are looking at a cheap version of an aftermarket one. How flimsy do you think it will be?

My 2 cents.

EDIT: Although being on password jdm, it might not be so bad, they usually sell nice stuff. And I still disagree that the stock ones are stronger.

I've got some Civic HX wheels I picked up for free from my uncle. Someone had painted them white and it was peeling and chipped.

I got my dad to bead blast them at work, and now I'm gonna paint them bronze and put them on my civic until I get some nice wheels.

They are also Enkei. Sweet.

This is basically what the car will look like with them.

And this is what the wheels themselves will look like.

Basically a lot better than my steelies. 7lb lighter too.

I'd like some to paint white. They look a lot like the 4 lug ITR wheels.
The ones I have had been painted white by the previous owner. Didn't look too great, and I've seen white ones in other pictures before. Didn't look too great IMO.

I'm not trying to make these wheels look like something they aren't. I'm just trying to get something decent looking so I can take off my steelies.

You don't really need to pay attention to it because it'll probably be everywhere: Rust. What kind of Civic do you want? There was 1,312 variants of Honda Civic the last time I counted...

where did you get that figure from?

I was being highly sarcastic. The "..." must not have worked as intended. He said he wanted a Civic; that's like saying "Dude, I want something with a V8."

Those rims will look great on your car PB. 👍 I think the progress you've already made with it is cool.

that would look sweet with a front lip.

EDIT: Taurine did you smash you car again? If you didnt then i found your twin on trademe.

I sold the CRX to my flatmate and 2.5 weeks later he lost control going around a wet roundabout stoned at 3 in the morning and put the left rear wheel square into the curb at what he says was 40km/h

dsc00969rj8.jpg

Subframe is rooted and needs replacement but my fat useless flatmate can't even get off his arse to wash the damn thing let along remove and reweld in subframes :rolleyes:

It's since been sold onwards to someone who knows how to fix it...

But with the money I made on it I bought a Tial 44mm wastegate, Jaz 3 gallon fuel cell, SX 1000hp fuel system (pump, filter and reg) and just last week I got my ARP head and main studs delivered at work.

But I need to find a new house to live in (I've moved out of home and fat useless flatmate is moving down south) so all of my money is going towards moving house so I can't get my bottom end put together, everything is there just the money isn't :( :( :(

Back