Honda Fan Club - under new management

• Thread starter THE ED3
  • 4,581 comments
Celica GT-S FTW. I want one. Must be the steering wheel. Toyota makes the best sporty steering wheels by far of any car I've played with. Better than Porsche even. That means our favorite Stew's wheel isn't even as good as the wheel in a Pontiac Vibe. :lol: Yeah, I've compared them and the Vibe won for sporty comfort.

Hey now, I never said i'd take a Celica over an Integra or Civic, but I wouldn't mind owning both and being able to drive them side by side. Everyone knows how well the later Celicas handle, and I'd love to compare it to an Integra or Civic, whichever is the closer competitor. Personally I think a Integra Type-R is the best competition.

Hey now, I never said i'd take a Celica over an Integra or Civic, but I wouldn't mind owning both and being able to drive them side by side. Everyone knows how well the later Celicas handle, and I'd love to compare it to an Integra or Civic, whichever is the closer competitor. Personally I think a Integra Type-R is the best competition.

For the GT-S I think you could go with either the Type-R or the GS-R as they'd both stand up pretty decent against it. Personally though, I'd take the Acura...for some reason the newer Celicas never grew on me (except for the odd occassion) yet the Integra has the beautiful front end (in both forms) with pretty decent body lines. I was actually sad to see it turn into what it did in North America (North American Acura RSX = :yuck: ).

Toyota makes the best sporty steering wheels by far of any car I've played with.
I drove a 2006 Corolla when I was getting my drivers license. Very nice steering wheel on that one.

A lot better than the worn smooth wheel on my Civic at least.

your worn OLD civic. New civic steering wheels are sweet as. Theyre small and fall well to hand. Although im not going to say its better then corolla because i cant remember seeing or feeling a corolla one.

That is awesome, although something tells me it wasn't daily driven by someone, and rather put on some kind of machine in perfect condition just to see how long it would last.

That is very cool. And I bet the engine still runs like a champ. It makes me think of the tranny rebuild my buddy's Mazda 3 needed...at 20,000 miles. :lol:

That Integra is hard to believe, especially with that kind of paint job and body condition.

Tranny rebuild at 20 K? Seriously?! Is it an auto or manual? What exactly was wrong with it?

Actually, that doesn't surprise me with Mazda. When all their RX8's started failing emissions tests after 2 years, you knew something was up. :lol:

The main problem with the tranny was that he never gave it time to break in. The other problem is that it's a crappy transmission.

And you gotta love CPR on a rotary. When the engines are cold and stall the procedure is to dump a ton of automatic transmission fluid down the intake and fire it up. Rev it way high and keep drenching the intake and stand upwind, because the the smoke is enough to get 10 fire trucks on the scene! :lol: If that doesn't work the owner will be told the two spark plugs are made of solid gold. Only that will justify the cost.

l_3313de7a3fad0cd8be3e62e7b51042d8.jpg

I put the 14 inch steelies from my hatch on it but one of them is bent and wont hold air so one of these days I'll put the 13s back on after painting them. I love painted steelies for some reason... Would be pretty sweet if I could get another set of bottlecaps for it but I haven't looked. I went to the vw dealer looking for a 2 piece jetta lip but they couldn't find both part numbers so I left.

The car still doesn't run... Honestly I haven't even tried to make it run... I've been so busy with work and such. I'm just weighing my options right now. Part of me knows this is beyond my skill level and the other part knows thats exactly why I bought it...

oh and theres my hatch in the background...

Who the hell thinks FDs are ugly? It's gotta be an Australian thing.

Anyway, my brakes have been in miserable shape ever since I got my car about 8,000 miles ago. The pads were worn, the discs looked like the rings of Saturn, and recently the pads have begun to squeal a bit. That's not good, especially since my buddies and I are planning a trip to the Tail of the Dragon on July 11.

So I got new front brakes. I ordered Brembo pads from the Tire Rack and plain Raybestos discs from Advance Auto Parts's online store. The discs I want are also Brembo, and are slotted and zinc-plated for rust protection. But the front set costs nearly $175 (very reasonable, still) from Tire Rack, but I don't feel comfortable spending all that money before my trip, which should soak up a few hundred dollars.

Hopefully I'll get my stuff by Friday and then I'll be busy installing them. I'm anticipating a huge difference. :D

Latest Posts

Back