Honda Fan Club - under new management

• Thread starter THE ED3
  • 4,581 comments
Taurine
I'm very tempted to go out and buy an intercooler tomorrow for my EF :mischievous:

Haha so you can put it on your wall like a trophy. :D

P.S. Could you buy me one while your at it? 600x300x85 I'll pay postage :sly:

VIPERGTSR01
Haha so you can put it on your wall like a trophy. :D

Yea boy I reckon it would look mea....wait, I almost walked into that one!

VIPERGTSR01
P.S. Could you buy me one while your at it? 600x300x85 :sly:

The place quotes this one as 700x300x80 but I think it's 700 overall but a 600 core - should cost be around $400 with my NZHondas discount.

Taurine
The place quotes this one as 700x300x80 but I think it's 700 overall but a 600 core - should cost be around $400 with my NZHondas discount.

Nice size, roughly $330 AUD so its priced good.... I take it.. aslong as it comes with HKS, Trust or Blitz painted on the front :P

VIPERGTSR01
Nice size, roughly $330 AUD so its priced good.... I take it.. aslong as it comes with HKS, Trust or Blitz painted on the front :P

HKS, Trust, Blitz = Original price x 500%

:grumpy:

Tube and fin though 👍

Wow, a Honda fan club. I've been gone for a while. I love my DC5 haha, I'm going to run it tomorrow at the late night drags at PIR. I'm not even sure what I'm going to run, lol. Maybe 14s

angelboy52
Wow, a Honda fan club. I've been gone for a while. I love my DC5 haha, I'm going to run it tomorrow at the late night drags at PIR. I'm not even sure what I'm going to run, lol. Maybe 14s
Can you post some pics of your car? Would be highly appriciated!

What would be a nice Honda to be my first car? I was thinking of a Civic Coupé..

The turbo build begins :mischievous:

dsc002409vw.jpg

Taurine
The turbo build begins :mischievous:

dsc002409vw.jpg

Nice, looks pretty good, tube & fin, good tanks, now I just need to get one. :(

Actually I was thinking about fitting a dual pass IC as its easier on my car to have it coming out the same side. I hardly ever see anyone use dual pass IC's I'll have to look into it.

VIPERGTSR01
Actually I was thinking about fitting a dual pass IC as its easier on my car to have it coming out the same side. I hardly ever see anyone use dual pass IC's I'll have to look into it.

Oh yeah you've got that funky back-over-the-top-of-the-head intake manifold, front facing manifold are quite expensive too :(

Taurine
Oh yeah you've got that funky back-over-the-top-of-the-head intake manifold, front facing manifold are quite expensive too :(

Yeah front facing manifolds are pricey, plus I have read that people notice the low end torque loss due to the shorter intake runners on standard turbo engines (thats why Nissan made the long over the top runners on RB's). When I finally replace the turbo to something bigger I might go for an aftermarket manifold.

Plus with the front facing manifold you can fit a RB30DET hyrid under the bonnet with standard engine mounts (as the RB30 deck is 38mm's taller), if I ever felt like going that way in the future, but I doubt.

Well im lost. lol. Unless your talking about blow off valves and how they sound like pigeons maybe? lol. If not .. where did pigeons come from? lol! they where amusing either way.

He's referring (as a joke) to the stupid craze of people that intentionally want compressor surge for the sound. (often makes a fluttery sound)

oooOO000OOoow

Make sure you take some night shots, i wanna see what theyre lookin like :). Is it just a plug and play affair? Or do you have to make sure that certain bulb fits the car?

Mclaren_Man
Ok, wednesday Im getting my pay for the week ($200) so I reckon that I can put aside $35 for these little babies here http://www.narva.com.au/Globes_22.html

I checked them out in store and they give a nice white light which is what Im after (they had a display in store showing brightness)

Yeah they are he exact ones I bought, I remember the package. They are nice.

~Sp33~
Is it just a plug and play affair?

Yeah just 'plug and play', they make them in the standard sizes, so just take in the old ones to compare.

Mclaren_Man - I like em'! One of the best things you can buy for your car, especially if you live or enjoy driving outside the city. Just remember not to touch the glass pieces at all, and post up some pics when your done. 👍

I was reading some things on headlights, i wanted to try and get that expensive car thing-o effect that you see, how theyre white but with purple blue and green shades in them. And apparently it isnt possible without replacing the whole headlight cluster :/ and the hell if im doing that anytime soon. lol.

Yes they're pretty well a plug and play affair, I just have to make sure that I get my size, H4's (12V 55W-60W). I went to motoquipe (overpriced car shop) today and the guy there was trying to sell me Phillips blue vision with parkers for like $75 (these Narva ones are costing me $35) he was like:
"If you leave the stock parker globes in, it creates a yellow tinge with the new ones"
so I said:
"on my car the parkers are located on the side of the front bumber and look more like an indicator, therefore their light doesnt mix with my headlights"

"yea but it is still better to get the extra parkers so that your entire light setup is modern, it will look crap without the parkers..."

"dude my parker lights are about 40cm away from my headlights and they dont put out light they're in a seperate enclosed case"

"no you need to replace the whole setup otherwise it wont work, just buy this Phillips set ill give it to you for $70"

Then I thought to myself:
"How about I go down the road and pay $35 for a set of Narva headlight globes and then I come here and show you pictures of my working set up?"

Im never shopping at that place again...

Anyway, here is my current setup (a sunroof actually has a practical use, taking shots of headlights) and I know it is a crap shot guys...

OLDGLOBES.jpg

Tomorrow night I should have them in...

You'll run into that alot in the car world. When I got a hole in my flex pipe, they said the only way to fix it was to replace my entire header set up, even after I explained to them that I have stainless exhaust on the car. They refused to listen to anything I said so I left the shop and went to my dads friends shop across the road from my house. They fixed it within 20 minutes by cutting out the old one and welding in a new piece. So the price of the repair went from their extimated $570 + tax + labour to $35 total. :crazy:

Alright here's the weight of things I've removed

OEM Bonnet: 12.5kg
N/A Extractors: 12.5kg
Full Exhaust: 12.5kg
OEM Crossmember: 8kg
Full Size Radiator: 4kg
RX7 Wheels: 64kg

Total: 113.5kg

And things I've added:

Intercooler: 8kg
Half Size Radiator: 3kg

Total: 11kg

So all up, 102kg removed from the car as it is. Most of that will be added back in when turbo (the turbo itself, manifold, side exit exhaust, drag wheels and slicks, CF bonnet etc etc) but it's nice to say I removed over 100kg from the car :lol:

I've ordered an NZDRA Rule Book so I'll be able to know what I can and cannot cut away.

I'm thinking about hacking out whatever I can from the boot area, considering nothing much happens back there for a FWD drag car except help keep the thing straight.

Back