Honda Fan Club - under new management

• Thread starter THE ED3
  • 4,581 comments
Here is some pics of the old setup that I have as you can see everything is pretty well passed its use by date:

oldmuffler.jpg

b4exhaust2.jpg

b4exhaust1.jpg

Nice shots, and thanks for getting dirty to get them too us! :lol:

If you think your exhaust is bad, you should see what Canadian winters do to stock Prelude exhaust. Almost every one of them with the stock muffler has lost its outter pieces of their dual exhaust tips. :scared:

P.S. I hate you for your AWS. :grumpy:

meh, 4WS is handy for parking and U-turns, thats about it, you'd have to be either a racing driver or race engineer to feel the difference at higher speeds.

man its going in tomorrow, Im not too sure what it will look like with just tips at the end, no big muffler at the back or anything :nervous:

You can't get them to change it? :confused:
It should be simple to just put a different muffler at the back like normal. It shouldn't be that big of a price difference.

yea you were right I made sure that they placed the muffler right at the rear and installed a longer resonator. Sounds pretty awesome nice deep sound with no 'farting'. Perfect.

newzorst4.jpg

newzorst3.jpg

newzorst1.jpg

newzorst2.jpg

the twin tip cost an extra $70 :( this one will have to do for now

I had a quick look through the last several pages of the thread and couldnt work out if ive posted these here or not :/ lol. Cant hurt to post em again!

It seems familiar me putting these pics on here... So sorry if i already have lol. Most of those are pics with friends cars. Hope they dont mind lol. *shifty eyes*

Welcome to our newest member: Integra Type R.

~Sp33~

Taurine
Looking good man 👍

Sadly mild steel doesn't stay that pretty for very long and will go rusty, just like on my EF :(

yea a completly stainless steel system was out of my 'budget'. meh no one sees under my car and at least the tip is stainless which is all that is really visible.

Mclaren_Man - Looks awesome! I think I actually like that tip better then a set of small twin tips. Its true that the piping won't last that long, but if you don't plan on keeping the car for more then 4-5 years, you should be alright. If you do plan on keeping it past then, then hopefully you'll be making more money by then and can afford stainless steel. 👍

Sp33 - I love that picture of your car and your friends car in front of the tree, even with your friends fart can on the POS. :lol:

yea that tip is all ready starting to grow on me, at first I just wanted to change it, but now Ill probably leave it on.

Now my next project is maybe adding a lil' rice, with JDM 91' prelude foglights, and some phillips blue vision globes...

i want the kind of headlights that are blue ^^. They kind that come standard on the Accord Euro, and various other expensive europeans cars. Do they have a specific name? I always thought it was just Xenon. But ive seen White xenon headlights... So it must be something else.

I noticed yesterday that the bonnet on my civic was buckled, I had no idea why it had happened but I figure it was because I was bouncing on the chassis with the bonnet supported by the stand so it was bouncing around and bending.

Ooops, anyway I had a sudden idea last night... I don't really need headlights so why not get rid of them completely? Like this:

p11600713ca.jpg

So I did a very poor photoshop of what it would look like with the addition of a carbon fibre bonnet:

poorphotoshop2hv.jpg

Although it looks like it was done by a 9 year old, I quite like the look and I think I might go through with it, I can get a bonnet for $500 odd and the work done on the lights I can do for free 👍

Besides, it will free up so much room in the front and all I need to do is take the bumper and one peice of trim off to have complete access to the engine and drivetrain :D

Sp33 - If you want the blue look to your head lights, you can pick up a pair of Xenon Hyper Whites or Xenon Blue Crystals (I think thats what they're called). Both will give you the blue look that your looking for, and can be found at any auto parts place. Xenon is a brand name that makes a lot of different types of bulbs, and usually run a little more expensive then some of the other brands, but from experience they last a lot longer then the cheaper ones.

Taurine - Good idea, and looks great in the photoshop image. 👍

Should free up a lot of room for you for any future modifications and reduce weight by a couple of pounds atleast. I love how the ITBs on the other car are fed with the air scoop, its a pretty good way of keeping hot engine bay air from getting into the engine.

@SP33 - down here in Oz keep an eye out for Phillips blue vision bulbs (4000K-5000K light temperature) there are probably the best brand down here. I know that for the prelude I need H4 globes but Im not sure what type you would need on a pimped 4 door civic...

My car had Blue headlight globes in it when it came from Japan, the local fuzz was not to impressed.

Now my car sports some ADR approved globes called "Artic white", they are bright white with a slight blue in it.

Nice! Thanks heaps for the info :). Lookin good taurine, i reckon its a good idea removing the headlights, considering you have no use for them.

VIPERGTSR01
Now my car sports some ADR approved globes called "Artic white", they are bright white with a slight blue in it.

Yea I dont want a really obvious blue in mine, mostly white with a slight hint of blue in it (ice?) I think the colour temperature of them was around 4000K.

Hang on I remember PSI_Civic was doing a head light conversion way back in this thread Ill go have a look at that...

Taurine: Removing the headlights would be a great idea! u can also make a hole in it for more cool air? I seen it on a couple Turbo Civics with holes in the left headlight for more air

Taurine
So I did a very poor photoshop of what it would look like with the addition of a carbon fibre bonnet:

poorphotoshop2hv.jpg

Now the bannana looks blind, got a guide dog? :P

DDMv2
Taurine: Removing the headlights would be a great idea! u can also make a hole in it for more cool air? I seen it on a couple Turbo Civics with holes in the left headlight for more air

Hmmm, thats a good point.... 💡

VIPERGTSR01
Now the bannana looks blind, got a guide dog? :P

I'll paint some pretty blue eyes on for it :P

I dont really have much to say I was just about to log off when I realised that I was on 499 Posts, so here it is my 500th post on GTP, it has taken a while (year and a half, not even one post per day). Over one fifth of my posts have been in this thread so :cheers: guys, HONDA POWER!

lol. *toasts* congrats to you. I put a bid on a spoiler for muh car too!! if i end up winning ill post pics. It came standard with teh EF at one stage. Just mine didnt have it lol.

~Sp33~

Sp33p - Is it the same kind of spoiler that we were talking about? The one that came on some of the 3rd Gen Preludes? If so, that should look good man, good luck in getting it. 👍

lol you want my spoiler? its ugly, I prefer to call it a brake light mount, not a spoiler. The only thing stopping me from taking it out is the holes it will create :( though that could probably be fixed with some filler and touch up paint

It actually came standard on the EF. It does look very similar to that old prelude one though, i reckon that model prelude, civic, and accord would have interchangeable spoilers with only minor differences between them. Give me a few and i might post up some pics..

see that there:

mugenkitfor3rdgen.jpg

that spoiler is not cool, Preludes like mine look sooooo much cleaner without them.

btw: @SP33 when I logged in I could change my user title so it must have been that time lag ;)

hmmm, Im undecided on that...

I agree with you in the fact that it looks better on your car then mine, yours has a smaller boot so it makes the spoiler look larger, If you know what I mean? It really does look too small on the 'lude

Back