Honda Fan Club - under new management

• Thread starter THE ED3
  • 4,581 comments
I managed to ger the gearbox out of the Civic today (after much cursing)

Then I attempted to take it a part (cue more cursing).
Got it about 15mm apart which is when the reverse idler pulley gets in the way (curses here).
So I undo that and the whole box falls apart (celebration).
Then I get to work on getting the diff out, the little circlip holding the right hand inner CV in (which is why it wasnt coming out yesterday, causing more cursing) was being stubborn (cursing plus bleeding now)
And then I had a stroke of genius and bent the clip over the spider gear shaft and pop, out goes the CV and pop, out comes the differential.

And now it's off to work tomorrow to measure up and get a quote for a piece of steel for a spool.

:)👍

McLaren Man - Looks good man, I might have to give that a try. 👍

Taurine - Thats awesome! Hopefully it all goes smoothly from here for ya. I wish my work could do something beneficial for my car, but unfortuantly all we have in our warehouse is vinyl siding. :guilty:

Alrighty guys picture time!

After much cussing and dirty looks I managed to get the gearbox out of the car. Turns out I needed to take the starter motor out :dunce:

dsc002649ie.jpg

Okay now I jump ahead a bit because during the time I was 'very grumpy' (:D) and didn't have a camera on me but here are assorted gearbox pieces:

dsc002654mv.jpg

This here is the bellhousing with half of the gear selector forks, they weren't supposed to fall out but during my rampage I managed to shake them loose, anyway lets not go there again:

dsc002664mw.jpg

And this is the actually gearbox.. here's hoping she stays together long enough for a 10 second pass!

dsc002689kl.jpg

After much blood loss and more swearing I finally had the diff out:

dsc002707qs.jpg

dsc002710fm.jpg

And here is what I'm planning on making at work, a full drag spool:

83680100618dg9va.jpg

wnjc3nzi5nnm0mtnkzmqzmxk1nde5m.jpg

Shouldn't be too hard for me to machine at work, I was quoted a price today of NZD$250 for a 160mm length of 2767 steel, I could also try 4140 and have it nitrided for more strength or case hardend EN39A, we do heat treating at work so I can get that done for free, as well as free labour (me) :D

looks like some good progress there. Good Luck with the build!
I wouldnt ever open up my tranny:nervous: I would be to scared to re-install everything inside it wrong and screw it up...

I'd be scared of doing an automatic as i've seen it done, and just watching the rebuild scared the crap out of me. Manual transmissions seem to be a little easier to work with, only I probably wouldn't do it myself for my every day driver right away. :scared:

Looks like your having fun Taurine, you know you want to machine up a straight cut gear set for your trans. ;)

only_da_b3st
rice!!!!!!!!!!!!:crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:
Get out of here. Honda isn't rice. Honda owns your face. Just becaseu Civics own your car every day, doesn't mean you can insult it.

@ Taurine, you gonna keep it yellow, or you gonna paint it? Anyways, looks like alot of fun. Be glad your doing a Honda, very easy simple cars. Why there such great tuners.

I didnt go to that webpage but I am guessing they turned an NSX into that....Ok Ill give those deep dish rims the thumbs up, but the NSX isnt a ferrari, so dont make it one.

thats all I have to say about that Jenny...(forrest gump)

Unfortuneatly I've seen better, I once saw them turn an NSX somehow into a near-perfect F50 replica.

only_da_b3st
now that nsx is cool!

o. and i drive an 06' infiniti g35
Do you have a photo of you and your car? If you can afford a G35, surely you can afford a digital camera.

You can also afford a brand-new keyboard, if your Shift Key is broken.

Make sure to include a piece of paper with your name and GTPlanet on it in hand writing in one of the pictures.

If you can't do that, atleast mail me a piece of paper so I can make a BS Flag out of it. :lol:

Lol i hope he was joking. The fact that taurines car is rice (is there any rice on it? everythings been stripped out !?) and that NSX which now has Superfluous flanks hangin off its sides is nice?....
Did you inherit that G35 by any chance?

Mclaren_Man
I hope you guys still believe that I actually own a prelude . . .

Nope BS flag, get the GTP signs out, it shakedown time!

Everyone line up in single file with your unedited GTP signed pictures ready..... especially you Taurine... :odd:

:P j/k

A few desirable and properly-tuned NSX's...

ESPRIT NSX:

2-400.jpg

7-400.jpg

RAPID NSX:

1-400.jpg

2-400.jpg

POP NSX:

1-350.jpg

12-350.jpg

YOKOTA NSX:

3.jpg

7.jpg

UCHIDA NSX:

004.jpg

006.jpg

And how come I'm not in the club yet?. :D

One last thing, if you add me on to the member list, could you please put in brackets after my name: (NSX Freak!)

Thanks, GT Pro.👍

Back