Honda Fan Club - under new management

• Thread starter THE ED3
  • 4,581 comments
I know what you mean. I'm from southern Ontario where they start salting in October and stop in May. 👎

I was glad that it didnt snow almost at all last winter so they hardly had to bring out the salt. For being 17 years old my car was pretty rust free. It only had a little bit around the rear quarters but not bad.

I'm looking at getting an older integra now. Theres just not many in my price range.

ahhh I went down the old Integra trail (check earlier in this thread) seems like they're hard to find all over the globe!

Are you looking at a first gen teg (pop up lights) or a sexy second gen (long skinny lights)

I'm looking at both actually. I like the 1st gen because of the pop up lights but the 2nd gen has the B18 and I rather like the lights on it as well then theres that whole indepentent suspension thing.

It seems every decent car on auto trader is either priced to high, is to far away or is already sold.

I emailed about a 92 gs the other day but havent heard anything back yet.

The friend with the corolla pictured back earlier in the thread got defected today lol, he cut his coils and now needs new ones lol. :/

There was a 1991 Integra LS for sale at the Mazda dealership here not long ago. Perfect condition, and only had a 140k on the motor with a 5 grand (I think) pricetag. Tried to talk my buddy into it, but instead he goes and leases a 1998 Nissan Sentra SE. :yuck:

Sp33 - Haha! :lol: How much did he end up chopping off, and what went wrong? Theres a couple of guys around here with chopped springs, and they're easy to spot as one corner is usually sitting lower then the rest, and they shoot sparks everywhere from bottoming out over pebbles. :scared:

It would be much easier to find another car if someone would finaly buy my old civic. I keep telling everyone is totaly fixable but I still have the thing. I'm asking next to nothing for a pretty clean EF.

I've actually found a few relativly nice cars but I cant go after them because I still have the civic. I have a guy that says he wants it and has been saying that for weeks now... I wish he wuold come get it already I'm starting to get angry.

Still nothing on that GS so I'm about ready to say its either been sold or the seller doesnt know how to check emails.

Unfortuantly not many people will see the point of fixing up an old Civic after its been in a collision. My girlfriends ex was actually giving his '90 Civic HB away, but still didn't have any takers. He finally gave up and put it in the destruction derby at our fair.

Give it some more time, then try emailing him back. When I was shopping on trader.ca for a dune buggy, it sometimes took a week or two for them to respond. Have you tried searching the local dealerships and personal ads? Sometimes you find a hidden jewel in all the rough. Its actually how I found my car.

Was driving past the city tow yard one day and there she was, poking her head out at me from behind the fence with a for sale sign on her. Stopped and checked it out, looked good and after a lot of talking, I finally brought her home. Turns out, it belonged to a drug dealer from BC who drove her to Ontario only to get arrested. The car was towed from where he was and brought to the yard only to sit there till its impound fee's racked up. Finally, the ownership was transferred to the yards owner and he put it up for sale. All it needed was a new battery, since the alarm had drained it over time, and it was good to go. Been in love with her ever since. :D 👍

I check the adds every now and then. Theres not much around here at the little local car lots and really I wouldnt trust them anyway. I've got the car up on honda-tech and I thought those guys wouldbe all over a cheap EF like stink on **** but I guess not.

I cant just give the car away because I need the money. I dont have a job right now because of some crap that happend at my last job.

I've got the persons number. I might call later today I'm not sure. There arent many 2g tegs for about 1k and I cant find a 1st gen teg with a manual anywhere.

damn im gone a couple of days and so much happens:dopey:
Taurine: Your crx looks FANTASTIC ! Those fog lights are really hard to find, and make the car look so much nicer:P $2000 for a crx in that condition is a CRAZY deal! you would never find a crx like that in toronto for $2000. Congrats on the buy!:)

O yeah and about those Fog lights if anyone wants em you can get em at passwordjdm.com there pretty expensive tho $270 US Dollars... heres the link:http://www.passwordjdm.com/product....History=cat&strKeywords=&SearchFor=&PT_ID=225

@SRV: can you either post some pics of your car or give me a link to pics of it? I wanna see some sexy shots of it. And if you dont have any pictures of it, well, your gay :lol:

Also everyone here is proof that I actually own a 1989 Prelude :lol: :

PROOF.jpg

also this is why my valve cover was off:

after3rdcoat.jpg

thats after 3 coats, it looks better now that I have finished the 6th and final coat. Just waiting for it to dry then Ill put it in and post some piccies.

I was thinking about getting a 3rd gen si prelude but I finaly decided swapping motors in it because of its snapped timing belt and bent valves was more then I wanted to do.

I'm going to call about that 2g teg today... I jsut wish my ****ing car was sold already.

McLaren Man - Well other then my old avatar, I unfortuantly don't have many pictures of it on my computer.

Correction, my friend had this one his computer.
preludefrontsnowfy5.jpg

She looks a little different now as i've installed clear corners in place of those ugly yellow/orange things. :yuck:
I'll try to get my sisters digi sometime and snap some more pictures of her soon with a piece of paper saying "SRV is not gay @GTPlanet.net" hanging off it. :lol:

The valve cover looks good though, now hurry up and get some pics of it installed! If it looks good I might give it a try to help freshen up my engine bay.

:lol: @ Taurine

Mclaren_Man
thats after 3 coats, it looks better now that I have finished the 6th and final coat. Just waiting for it to dry then Ill put it in and post some piccies.

Coincidence, I also just did my cam covers (two of them) instead I did the opposite and bead blasted them to remove paint and debris. :D

SRV2LOW4ME
...and personal ads? Sometimes you find a hidden jewel in all the rough. Its actually how I found my car.

Well i found muh beast on teh net. There was all teh flashy ads with the pictures and the long lengthy comments, which i went to have a look at, and at the end of the day i went to someone whos ad said "1990 civic" lol. No picture no nothing :/ i was teh lucky!!! i got mine at a bargain price :D

Mclaren Man - That looks awesome! What kind of paint did you use? Not a bad sounding engine either, how high into the rpms did ya take it?

Sp33 - Have you checked you oil lately? My moms van usually starts sounding like a diesel whenever its low on oil.

Way too dark, but it still sounded good. 👍

If i'm able to get my cell phone to record for me, I might give this a try tomorrow.

y0 mister peoples,

went on a shopping bonanza for muh car, thought it was about time he got a little bit of loving, he has been rather nice to me lately.

Tuhda. Still havent had time to install the driving lights, and the arctic blue bulbs got installed in the mall carpark lol. They are farkin awesomeo and definately worth it (thanks mclaren man :)) I also bought a switch which cost me twenty bucks for the driving lights, coz the one that came with it looks more like a second gearstick lol its huge. Will hopefully get around to posting some installed pics. :)

Great vids to taurine real nice sound, i tried to make a vid but turned out equally as dark and the sound was only juuuust distinguishable at redline. So that was a waste of time, maybe later on a brighter day, and less cold so i can get teh window open :)

Laters alligators

~Sp33~

SRV2LOW4ME
Mclaren Man - That looks awesome! What kind of paint did you use? Not a bad sounding engine either, how high into the rpms did ya take it?

I used some high temperature engine enamel (300 degrees celcius) and the colour was simply, bright red :lol:

Yea that sound recording is a little dingy, I only pushed it 4000rpm cos it was still cold and I had just put the valve cover back on so I was still checking to see if oil was leaking around the seal, but so far it has been fine.

I reckon I might put the recorder in my boot then go for a fang for like 3-4 mins see if I can get some nice backfires recorded 👍

@SP33: man you have me heaps jealous now, I want some foggies!

Im going to a few wreckers tomorrow with my mate so hopefully there will be a nice 3rd gen in there somewhere with a set of JDM foggies :D

Back