Honda Fan Club - under new management

• Thread starter THE ED3
  • 4,581 comments
See, what I don't understand is why would they ruin a perfectly good NSX to make it look like something it isn't? For the time, effort and money they spent to make it look like a wanna-be kit Ferrari, they could have had one of the baddest looking NSX's on the street, much like the ones GT Pro posted. I just don't get some people. :indiff:

Time Attack - How did you wreck your Honda, and what model and years are you going to be looking at when you go shopping for a new car?

I lost it in the rain and bent the suspension. It was an 89 civic. I'm looking at getting another 89 civic. I was looking at an older prelude as well but it needed to much work. I wouldnt mind owning a first gen integra but I dont see many of them for sale. I'll probably get another EF.

dsc00273ps9.jpg

dsc00274rx1.jpg

dsc00276oy8.jpg

awesome ass shot there taurine, Great lookin car too very clean. Are those foggies on it stock?

Welcome to our newest members

Time_Attack &
GT Pro ( NSX Freak!)

~Sp33~

yay even more members 👍

And taurine I am going to kill you, I want those yellow foggies so badly I still havent found any wreckers with ones for my car and those ones look like they would fit straight in.

I am almost thinking of giving up looking for proper JDM ones and just buy some look alike narva ones from repco...

Yeah I dont quite understand the fog lights, I mean I drove through some fog the other night and switched to the fog lights and didnt notice any difference.

Maybe it wasnt thick enough.

Are they only 50 watt ones? I've heard that to make some serious difference they need to be like 100 watts and need to be slightly aimed upwards to help penetrate the fog. I cant remember where I read that but it could be BS as the internet is full of it.

I just want foggies mainly for looks and to help my headlights late at night on country roads.

Oh yeah they definately make a difference when you switch them on in the coutnry roads because they both point out to the side and light up everything off the side of the road.

But that's also why they are annoying when someone has them on coming towards you when they shouldn't really have them on because they shine in your face.

Mclaren_Man
yea and then there are the smart a$$ drivers that have their headlights and foggies on full attack, at 2.00pm in the afternoon.

And the big SUVs with the lights on their bullbars which is the same height as your face :mad:

Be carefull that they dont simply reflect off the fog and bounce back at you causeing worse visibility.

I didnt have fog lights on my old car but I did modify highbeam bulbs to fit in the low beam sockets and they worked very well.

Revheadnz
Cool CRX. How the hell did you get it so cheap?

My mates father is a car dealer and he picked it up for $350 (!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) and I didnt want to offer him peanuts so 2 grand was the offer.

Taurine
My mates father is a car dealer and he picked it up for $350 (!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) and I didnt want to offer him peanuts so 2 grand was the offer.

Holy crap. Lucky bastard :grumpy:

How many ks? What sort of condition is it in?

Taurine - Great looking car, and thanks for the great ass shot! 👍
$350? Man, no one has seen a CRX in that kind of condition around here since they were sitting at the dealership. :lol:

I've been trying to sell my car for over a month now. I wrecked it june 1st I think. Its a clean body with a running engine and still no one will buy it at $400. I know its fixable I just dont wanna put more money into this car.

The lower control arm is bent along with some other bits but as far as I know the frame is still solid.

Before I wrecked it it was a bit of an autox project so the interior is out of it but I kept most of it so its not like that should be an issue.

Why not just pick up a cheap donor car and do the work yourself if its still in fixable condition? I'm not sure where your from, but a bone stock or slightly damaged '89 Civic CX can be picked up for fairly cheap in most places. If there is no frame damage, it shouldn't take you more than a day as long as you have the tools and knowledge.

I'm not doing that because I'm sick of it and want a new car.

Not to mention how I have no space to work on it at. I dont really feel safe out in the middle of the road with the car jacked up on the wimpy little space saver jack.

I'd like to move on to an integra or different type of civic.

Put my pod filter on tonight, man what a difference.

Also bought a cheap Sony Xplod pack (headunit, 2 x 6", 2 x 6x9, 300w amp and a 300wrms 15" sub for $550) which I'm installing right now.

Now I can choose either to listen to music or listen to enhanced VTEC :D

VIPERGTSR01
In true Honda spirit, pump the bass. ;)

How better to introduce myself to each neighbourhood I drive through?

But man, the filter is awesome, the butt dyno tells me that it pulls slightly harder through VTEC.

VIPERGTSR01
In true Honda spirit, pump the bass. ;)

I try to differ from other Honda's when my stereo is turned up. Instead of bumping rap or hip hop, I bump old trucking songs and try to join convoys! :D

Stupid convoys are always kicking me out though :grumpy:

Taurine - Since your other car is just sitting in the garage right now, why not switch over the rims/tires while your at it? If you end up going with the turbo build up for drag racing, you'll most likely throw a set of mag's on the Civic anyways (atleast you should).

SRV2LOW4ME
I try to differ from other Honda's when my stereo is turned up. Instead of bumping rap or hip hop, I bump old trucking songs and try to join convoys! :D

Stupid convoys are always kicking me out though :grumpy:

Haha :lol:

SRV2LOW4ME
Taurine - Since your other car is just sitting in the garage right now, why not switch over the rims/tires while your at it? If you end up going with the turbo build up for drag racing, you'll most likely throw a set of mag's on the Civic anyways (atleast you should).

His blind banana has 5 lug RX7 rims now, wont fit on the CRX.

I had a drop in K&N filter in my civic. The butt dyno thought that added a little in the mid range.

I so miss having a car. Auto trader doesnt have much on it. :(

Hey Time Attack, where abouts are you from? You mentioned Auto Trader, so i'm assuming somewhere in North America.

Back