Honda Fan Club - under new management

• Thread starter THE ED3
  • 4,581 comments
Well I guess I might as well post a pic.

http://img57.imageshack.us/img57/3713/picture164gl5.jpg

I dunno if I explained this before but this happend on a rainy day coming off of a main road on to a side road. There was a bit of a dip and the speed limit was 45 and in the wet it just didnt work out. I smacked the curb, spun and went over the opposite curb.

I want to have it fixed of course but the shop quoted me at $1000-$1200 minimum. :(

Sp33 - I know what your talking about with the switch, the thing is like a shovel sticking out of the dash. When I put fog lights on my old car, I went with the same style switch as you, only I think mine had a small red light in it to say when it was on. Should look good though, make sure to post some pictures when its done. 👍

Mclaren Man - Make sure you tape down the MP3 player so your revs don't knock it down into the engine. Nothing ruins your day more then having to flush out a tool, cap or MP3 player out from under your hood. :lol:

Time Attack - Ouch! The price for repairs sounds about right though. You don't know any mechanics, or have friends that know mechanics that would be willing to do it any cheaper? Ask around, usually someone knows someone thats able to fix small repairs.

Boz Man - 6 figures? Wow, i'm gonna keep checking back there to see what kind of company is willing to pay the price.

VIPERGTSR01
Ah the Vtec! Sounds nice, you have just a little clutch slip when you shifted in the first video?

I've adjusted the clutch since I got the car (it had like 50mm freeplay before the clutch did anything and then like 10mm worth of travel from there) so I havent gotten used to it.

I also have a habit of letting the clutch slightly engage and holding it there without fully letting it engage.

I had the guy break the costs down for me and he said about $800 of that was labor. I dropped a load in my pants when I heard that.

I dont own very many tools and dont have access to a garage so its kinda hard for me to do much. Back when I was planning to autox the car I was outside at 2am on the street gutting the car. I'm sure it looked rather funny. Some dumb kid climbing in his trunk to get to the bolts under the seat...

I could probably ask around and see if anyone could fix it for less but I'm rather unpopular around here because I own a honda. People around here drive mustangs or STIs not civics.

~Sp33~
y0 mister peoples,

went on a shopping bonanza for muh car, thought it was about time he got a little bit of loving, he has been rather nice to me lately.

Tuhda. Still havent had time to install the driving lights, and the arctic blue bulbs got installed in the mall carpark lol. They are farkin awesomeo and definately worth it (thanks mclaren man :)) I also bought a switch which cost me twenty bucks for the driving lights, coz the one that came with it looks more like a second gearstick lol its huge. Will hopefully get around to posting some installed pics. :)

Great vids to taurine real nice sound, i tried to make a vid but turned out equally as dark and the sound was only juuuust distinguishable at redline. So that was a waste of time, maybe later on a brighter day, and less cold so i can get teh window open :)

Laters alligators

~Sp33~

Oh no... YOU DIDN'T !!!! Aarg... :ouch:

I had an interview for an associate manager position today. I don't have much expeirence in this type of roll so I believe the job will be offered to another person however I was told that if I wasnt offered that position there were other positions open that I could be offered as well.

I've had a few more offers on the car... Not really interested in a 95 EG shell though.

Well, I'm not a big fan of the 4-wheeled Hondas, but give me a CBR1000 any day!

I've never ridden a motorbike but I've been interested in doing so for a little while now.

I've been considering taking a stab at actually fixing my car... I just realised this is the perfect excuse to start really building it. The longer I have it still in my possesion the harder it is to keep telling my self its just a waste of money I dont have.

I'm more than willing to buy a prelude if you wanna fork over some cash to help out... Till then I've just got a wrecked sedan. :(

I was thinking about buying a cx for parts but it was sold.

If I ever fix it we could meet in the middle and give it prelude power :sly:

GRrrr.. Have to register and everything.. this better be worth it...

*signs up*....

*verification email*...

....40mb's!?@.. hmm not tonight *grumble*... tomorrow! definately :)

EDIT: srv2slow...etc

Yes definate spelling error. I didnt think it needed changing coz it was such an obvious type-o.

Mclaren_Man
http://www.preludeaustralia.com/forum/showthread.php?t=23042

check out the video in post number 14, nice to see a 4th gen prelude being able to keep up with an R32 GTR in the wet on the twisty's 👍

Nice shots! Nice to see that there was still an alright turn out with the rain. Not sure what is up with that Integra and its hood though, is it a decal or something?

The video is pretty cool though. Kept up pretty good, and the car sounded awesome. Doubt i'd do anything like that in the rain with my 4th, but that guy has some balls to be passing on a road like that in that kind of weather. 👍

that video was so worth it, great sound and nice drive. Shame about the weather, but wet makes better video footage :D

unduh.. unduh... VT@K y0.. lol. :D

I got muh keyless entry installed today too :) its pretty kewl, but my lights dont lash when i pres the button which is crap, because i cant tell if its locked or not ( coz its hard to hear the locks drop from more then a couple of meters away)

Am gunna see how easy it is to rig the lights up :)

~Sp33~

I havent posted in here for awhile so I kinda feel out of the loop as far as the Honda Fanclub goes. I just noticed on the first page that the guy who started this club got banned. Whats up with that?

~Sp33~
im sure hes here in spirit, lol

ive recently taken a liking to the em2 civic :D

theyre rather the hotness. lol

I dont know what an em2 civic is but my dad is actually looking to get rid of his 89 crx with 280k miles on it to be replaced with a civic hatch. He cant seem to find one anywhere though, I guess everyone is hoarding them.

The em2 is the second civic coupe. its coupe version of an ES sedan.

lol that video of that prelude makes me believe that the japanese are weirder then i presumed.

Latest Posts

Back