• Thread starter Cano
  • 6,012 comments
1970 Chevrolet Caprice
image.jpg

p8152660.jpg
p8152661.jpg
p8152662.jpg

:sly:

Hard to argue with the work of Harry Bentley Bradley. I love the orange coupe.

Hard to argue indeed, those designs are lovely. They are simple, but at the same time, they are super clean and neat. And yes, I agree with you on the orange coupe, that is really good.

Hard to argue with the work of Harry Bentley Bradley. I love the orange coupe.

Very cool. If I remember correctly from the days you could actually find hot rodding magazinesw over here, he worked with Street Rodder?

Agreed. I'd really love a Cobra track car.

That's what I'm thinking. Coming from Hondas, 300hp is more than enough to move a car, so I'd get right to work bumping up the handling. Terminator independent rear-end swap, and whatever else I can find to stiffen the chassis and make it turn predictably... then comes the supercharger.

Last edited:
Saw this in San Francisco last summer. Paul Newman levels of cool with this one...

10505086_10202182530394439_1354470249533628277_o_zpshtfpeawn.jpg

Completely gutted interior, 4 speed 'box, willwood brakes, side pipes, full nascar-style roll cage, cut fenders with 285+ section tires all around and just a handful of autometer gauges on the sheetmetal dash. Bet this thing is a beast in the canyons...

I'm not usually a fan of the C4's styling, but those red and white ones... :drool:

A C5 on the other hand, not the Z06 but the base model with the longer rear hatch, is one of my 'dream project cars.'

DSC_0161.jpg

So much win

Indeed, those two cars were the kings of the streets in Detroit back in the 70s. The big block was built by a young Jack Roush, who accompained Rugirello for the street wars most of the time. The car disappered, then popped up again some years ago in E-Bay or something wearing twin turbos and white with blue stripes paint.

Here is Lisk's Challenger:
hrdp-9807-11-o%2Boutlaw-street-cars-then-and-now%2B.jpg

The car had a modified, tunnel-rammed with Dominators 426 hemi with a Lenco box behind it, and was capable of 9s... in the street. According to Lisk, he beat Rugirello like 3 of 5 times or something. Here is a great article from 1976 Car and Driver about these two squaring off. A long read, but oh so worth it.
RuggirelloMustangCarDriver1.jpg

RuggirelloMustangCarDriver2.jpg

RuggirelloMustangCarDriver3.jpg

RuggirelloMustangCarDriver4.jpg

RuggirelloMustangCarDriver5.jpg

RuggirelloMustangCarDriver6.jpg

RuggirelloMustangCarDriver7.jpg
It's stories like this that make muscle cars legends of being ungodly fast. Big blocks ruled the streets back in the day. Now, anything goes.

Back