Hot Wheels and Matchbox Customizing Thread

• Thread starter CodeRedR51
  • 9,230 comments
They all come that way.

Here's 98% finished pics, except for the staple radiator I have to get supplies for tonight, and holding it together with screws which I am still waiting on my 2-56 tap. For $8 shipping it's sure taking forever...

DSCN5177.jpg

DSCN5176.jpg

DSCN5173.jpg

DSCN5178.jpg

DSCN5175.jpg

DSCN5174.jpg

I said that the car is nice and not ruined by large rear wheels.
You then said "Yes it is." Not knowing whether you meant the car is nice or ruined by large rear wheels, I asked.
You replied saying "Ruined by large rear wheels."
I said no it isn't.
And now you're saying you know it doesn't have larger rear wheels and completely changed sides of the argument.

I need a few more of those Camaros. Have the metallic black one. That casting is just so nice, plus it isn't entirely ruined with larger rear wheels.
I said that the car is nice and not ruined by large rear wheels.
You then said "Yes it is." Not knowing whether you meant the car is nice or ruined by large rear wheels, I asked.
You replied saying "Ruined by large rear wheels."
I said no it isn't.
And now you're saying you know it doesn't have larger rear wheels and completely changed sides of the argument.

I thought you were inferring that the car isn't ruined if you put large rear wheels on it.

I like the undercarriage, nice detailing, love the red sway bar a lá Hotchkis. The base looks way better in flat black.

The sway bar is actually a Hotwheels axle. I snipped off the ends, measured and bent it to look like a sway bar, then carefully drilled the holes, installed and painted it red. :D

The sway bar is actually a Hotwheels axle. I snipped off the ends, measured and bent it to look like a sway bar, then carefully drilled the holes, installed and painted it red. :D

Ah, I knew I hadn't seen it in there, but my memory is so bad and I hadn't touched the car in so long that I assumed I probably forgot about it. Nice totchke!

I like that detail you put in there.

I think I went all out on this one because I just happened to have the proper materials around to complete it. I really need to go back and complete some unfinished projects like the Black RX-7 (still needs paint) and the CRX's (need details & decals)

I found a site selling decal sheets for 1:64 scale cars for $15 each, may just spring for one.

That sounds well pricey, but cheaper than paying what that guy wanted for custom decals.
Look forward to seeing the RX7 & CRX once they're done, if detail on them are going to be on par with the Camaro, they should look really awesome.

I found a site selling decal sheets for 1:64 scale cars for $15 each, may just spring for one.

Link that.

I want to make a custom stamp, but I think laser cutting isn't the way to go. I'm going to talk to a technician at school to get his word on it on Friday.

edit: never mind. Why didn't I think of carving into an eraser in the first place? This is going to be sweet!

Gah there's more numbers than stripes.... perhaps you can make a whole line of track cars all branded with an original decal design.

Hey, that's actually not that bad a value, seems you get quite a few decals on the sheet. I must admit, i have considered getting some decals from Hobby Link Japan, but the ones i found on there were mainly race specific liveries for GT/LM cars etc, did find some tasty 'Jagermeister'/BMW liveries though, but not exactly what i was looking for at the time.

[EDIT]
Actually just checked them out again, they're mainly for F1 cars, they're quite pricey aswell.

Last edited:
I'm curious. Have you guys ever thought of creating a "series" of your own customs like I am at the moment?

I'm curious. Have you guys ever thought of creating a "series" of your own customs like I am at the moment?

No, but it's a cool idea.
Personally, i can barely finish 1 custom, so the idea of doing a whole series would probably take me 10yrs or so. :lol:

Last edited:
Back