How important is paint/vinyl customization in GT5?

I would have played Forza so much more if they fixed the stupid slipping of your liveries.
Are you telling us, the liveries in Forza are attached with some really really bad glue ?..

That's just silly...

Pretty much. After everything you do, if you go back to the editor, the measurements of the vinyls are changed very slightly. After a while your whole livery is screwed up.

And they don't want to fix it.

A livery editor would be good for all the reason Sprite mentioned.

As for the liveries in Forza maybe they used.
Virtual Pritt-Stick

Pretty much. After everything you do, if you go back to the editor, the measurements of the vinyls are changed very slightly. After a while your whole livery is screwed up.

And they don't want to fix it.

Got Forza2 at launch, never had that problem.

I cant stand all of the visual crap thats in todays game.

yo dog lemme git sum mad props fo dem sik grafics

1998hondacivicdragonfanqq3.jpg

Not in my GT5. No sir.

EDIT: fixed

You just contradicted yourself, you said you don't want cars to look like that, then you say you don't care what the car looks like.

Well I for one do, I want to be able to create a race car visually as well as mechanically. I am not into all the garish decals and paint jobs more commonly associated with Nedd For Speed and the Max Power culture but I sure as hell enjoy creating authentic looking race cars in Forza 2. As far I'm concerned if someone doesn't like it, don't use it, if someone wants to make a great looking car then let them create a great looking car and if someone wants to creata crap looking car, let them create a crap looking car. There is nothing wrong with choice.

You just contradicted yourself, you said you don't want cars to look like that, then you say you don't care what the car looks like.

We I for one do, I want to be able to create a race car visually as well as mechanically. I am not into all the garish decals and pain jobs more commonly associated with Nedd For Speed and the Max Power culture but I sure as hell enjoy creating authentic looking race cars in Forza 2. As far I;m concerned if someone doesn't like it, don't use it, if someone wants to make a great looking car then let them create a great looking car and if someone wants to creata crap looking car, let them create a crap looking car. There is nothing wrong with choice.

Great point. As far as paint and all that goes, it would be nice to have it, just not as much. Just like Dave A said.

Great comment there. I agree completely. I love editing my cars in Forza2 and hell, i would love doing the same in GT5. If you guys don't like it, don't use it. Period.

Well I for one do, I want to be able to create a race car visually as well as mechanically. I am not into all the garish decals and paint jobs more commonly associated with Nedd For Speed and the Max Power culture but I sure as hell enjoy creating authentic looking race cars in Forza 2. As far I'm concerned if someone doesn't like it, don't use it, if someone wants to make a great looking car then let them create a great looking car and if someone wants to creata crap looking car, let them create a crap looking car. There is nothing wrong with choice.

You know, if they're gonna have a pre-race lobby like they said they would, you should be able to see what people are bringing to the paddock - if it's too ricey, you can always kick them out.

I'm completely for it, for a number of reasons.

Looks, if your not going to win you might as well look good ;) ... But it not all about the looks. You go to ANY touring car race the one and only distincive feature that you can tell who is behind the wheel? Racing Liverty.

If someone enters spectator mode half way through a race and just see's plain coloured cars = boring. But if they see racing liverties then that way they can recongise if it's someone they know is racing (I hope that makes sense).

Just remember the no.1 rule in racing mods.
Red Tinted Windows = 20hp
5M high rear wing = 20km/h :lol: (joke).

lol waynz, SUPERNUMBBER, I think it's a bit harsh to kick someone who is to rice. Only if it is way OTT:yuck:

I agree with Southend Rage. It may be too harsh. A better option would be to have a way to turn off the custom liveries. That should satisfy both parties. That way no one's forcing people who don't want tasteless cars on their screens to look at them. :sly:

I for one like the idea but am very offended by scrotums/penises/vulgarity on the cars. Let's face it, not all people who would play the game will be mature individuals. I do appreciate clean car graphics and the good examples from the previous posts are great. I for one would want at least a paint editor, if not a full texture editing tool/upload manager. I mean who hasn't gotten stuck with a kick ass car they've won by beating a race and ended up with a color they didn't like?

Well people can rice there Ferrari up in Forza 2 so if Ferrari had a problem with that they would've done something about it in Forza. I would like though, to see at least a paintshop where you could change the colour of a car from factory to another single colour which I would rather see on my car. For example in GT4 Zondas only come in silver and silver is nice but so are blue and yellow (seperately that is).

I agree with Southend Rage. It may be too harsh. A better option would be to have a way to turn off the custom liveries. That should satisfy both parties. That way no one's forcing people who don't want tasteless cars on their screens to look at them. :sly:

I for one like the idea but am very offended by scrotums/penises/vulgarity on the cars. Let's face it, not all people who would play the game will be mature individuals. I do appreciate clean car graphics and the good examples from the previous posts are great. I for one would want at least a paint editor, if not a full texture editing tool/upload manager. I mean who hasn't gotten stuck with a kick ass car they've won by beating a race and ended up with a color they didn't like?

Well, I'm addressing the people who don't want a livery editor just because someone might do a tasteless paint job; if they don't wanna race a ricer or an offensive livery, they should have the option to kick him out, and if he really wants to race, he should get a different paint job. Sounds like a fair deal to me. What do you mean by "turning off the custom liveries"? Do you mean that if one car has a bad livery, they should turn off everyone's at the race?

Well, I'm addressing the people who don't want a livery editor just because someone might do a tasteless paint job; if they don't wanna race a ricer or an offensive livery, they should have the option to kick him out, and if he really wants to race, he should get a different paint job. Sounds like a fair deal to me. What do you mean by "turning off the custom liveries"? Do you mean that if one car has a bad livery, they should turn off everyone's at the race?

More like when a player has the option on, then all custom textures made by the players online will show up. If not, then the game just defaults to the base model's default texture/paint, but only shows it only for that player's screen. I know there's a game that has that... If you've played counterstrike, there was a way to spray paint custom logos in the game, but the game has an option to not download the customized images. So when someone spray paints and you have it off, it shows up as a default logo, but to everyone else's screen, it shows up as a custom one.

That way, you can still all play without beiong intrusive to other people's fun.

But if only 1 car has a tasteless livery, do I have to turn off everybody's in order to avoid seeing 1 bad livery? That doesn't sound fair. If you can't make a decent livery, either get another car or get out!

Whatever happened to freedom of choice and the right to express yourself.

One man meat is another man's murder

Plus if the tasteless liveries bother you that much make sure you get infront of them.
That way you won't have to look at it anyway.

Whatever happened to freedom of choice and the right to express yourself. One man meat is another man's murder

Well others may say that people have the right to express as much as people have the right not to listen or look. But not looking in a game of Gran Turismo is quite impossible. :)

Plus if the tasteless liveries bother you that much make sure you get infront of them.
That way you won't have to look at it anyway.

Nice point! I'll take that as solid advice! 👍

Livery editor+ more aero customization options such as undertrays, spliters, and wide body kits would own. You could make tons of personalized race cars out of all your favorite stock cars. Kind of like GT2's race mods, except that with those, the liveries weren't your custom designs. Once I unlock all the race cars I want in GT games, I always go back and make a bunch of fully modified production based cars to use against race cars; so, the ability to modify any given car's livery and aero package would add a ton of replay value for me.

I'm more interested in Livery Editor than damage but that's just cause I'm a designer hungry for custom things in GT, I could live with it as an software update in the future but I mean, it's more important to focus on what's important for GT first, AI, Physics, Cars, Tracks and all that :P

It would be good to have, the Forza 2 version has let people become very creative. I just saw Cobb Tuning replicate their car to full graphic specs and that really gives it a better virtual experience.

I miss the Race Modification feature from GT2 because i didn't know then as i do now that allot of those schemes came from JTCC, JGTC, and other series so you could transform your ride in to something alot better.

I say, they should for sure. They should also give you multiple presets....

soo if say the actual Jaccs EG6 hatch is not in the game, I could buy a EG hatch and pic from that or the Motul scheme for it.

Really though the Jaccs cars and many others should be in from the get go.

I would love if they took the racing modification back from GT1/GT2! Wich could be much more detailed with GT5, because you should be able to see a rollcage, racing seats and so on..

Also they could make it in 3 levels or something, where level one is only weight reduction and a simple rollcage, level 2 is a more complicated rollcage and maybe a rear spoiler and level 3 is a full racing chassis and racing body kit. And then a seperate section where you paint the car and put on stickers.

Whatever happened to freedom of choice and the right to express yourself.
Bingo! In a forum full of car-crazy people, I can't believe there are so many people on here that seriously object to the ability to make external modifications to base cars. Talk about old fashioned :yuck:.

Back