Hybrid Fanatec Elite V2 Pedal Mod with Larger Heusinkveld Elastomers

• Thread starter SteveTM
  • 0 comments
United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Posted this mod on the Fanatec forums, but thought I'd share it here as well if anyone is interested.

I was wondering if it was possible to try different elastomers to add more variety and options to the Fanatec Elite V2 brake pedal feel. Turns out there is a relatively easy way to get the V2 pedals to probably feel closer to the highly regarded Heusinkveld Sprints - use those great chunky Heusinkveld elastomers in the V2s!

all.jpg

Both the V2's and Sprints use an M8 width stack shaft so elastomers from the £25/25€/$25 Heusinkveld Elastomer Kit fit perfectly.

Needed are some larger nylon 30-40mm diameter spacers to put between each elastomer, M8 40mm diameter x 4mm is perfect as the Heusinkveld elastomers have a greater diameter than Fanatecs. Here's a UK link for the set I used (they also sell 2mm thick spacers for extra fine tuning):

Also required are two 25mm diameter M10 washers to fill the V2 end spacers (the V2 spacers are designed for 25mm diameter elastomers and so it's best to fill the recess with the washers to allow even pressure distribution). NOTE: M8 washers will not fit correctly at the top of the V2 shaft, use M10 washers. Example UK washer purchase link:

Here is a diagram of some elastomer/spacer combinations from softest to hardest. My current favourite set-up is a full elastomer stack with no spring.

Elite V2 with Heusinkveld Sprint Elastomers-01.jpg

I found the default softest Fanatec 65/65/65 shore V2 elastomers still a tad hard and a lot of my braking was being absorbed just by the preload spring and small elastomer within it. The Heusinkveld elastomers are designed to be more progressive so they are softer and springier initially than the Fanatecs before the main resistance is felt, so I feel the use of the uptake preload spring can be optional now if you want a completely smooth brake without the slight feel of the spring>spring bump stop>elastomer transition.

Anyway, hopefully anyone wanting something closer to the feel of the Sprints with the Fanatec V2s might want to try this mod out.

Last edited:
Back