Hyundai N Announces Gran Turismo Collaboration

• Thread starter PGodia10
  • 136 comments
Smiles (lol) for several reasons: the first is that the Pikes Peak circuit appears quickly (still) in Gran Turismo 7, on dirt and asphalt, with the 3 segments T1, T2, T3, and a complete track ( as in two rally games that include the track ), and that it is possible to drive any of the +505 cars in the game (the same did not happen in the other two games).

Another smile ( ;) a bit of a derogatory kind, when I read any comparisons between Goodwood HC (a flat mini track with half a dozen curves) and Pikes Peak (perhaps the most difficult and dangerous track of all, with 150 curves and 20km up to the clouds). There is certainly no comparison, except that they are both point to point.

The absence of invisible walls is also to be expected, as with the lack of sportsmanship seen in the game, it makes no sense to help cheaters. If a small slip happens, the reset button is activated.

It is also common knowledge that in circuits, start and finish line, each runner starts with a time interval between them.

The final smile goes to; this month we will have Dumas in a Ford Pickup among other racers (M/F) who respect sportsmanship and above all with hands and "balls", as the circuit is not recommended for litlle boys.

Maybe not for little boys, but good enough for little girls.

(M/F) Male/Female... or you thought I didn't know that there are women with "balls". And did you see any links in my post? so don't bother bringing me links because I don't open them.

An aside I forgot to say; If the PDI's intention is to apply the PPIHC to the game, I am convinced that the derogatory comments in this and other forums will not have any effect on a change of plans.

The answer is in the first paragraph of my previous comment, because without invisible barriers, the reset button is activated to call the helicopter following a crash.

I would be thrilled to have Pikes Peak at last but have been disappointed for so long I am not holding my breath.
I am beyond disappointed with the absence of Pikes Peak in GT games now and actually rather annoyed. So frustrating that Polyphony secured an exclusive license on Pikes Peak and have still done nothing with it after over seven years.

I know there aren't a huge number of games out there that feature Pikes Peak, but we surely would have at least seen it in another Dirt game were it not for Polyphony.

Interesting take on the trans debate: imaginary testicles.
No Famine, the term and intention used, has nothing to do with "Trans"... it's a term used a lot here, when a woman has the courage to do it, and do it as well as a man does, it's common to say, " is a woman of tomatoes "... (the translator associated it with the term "/balls").. precisely what I want to say about all the Women who run on Pikes Peak.

it's a term used a lot here, when a woman has the courage to do it, and do it as well as a man does
Yes, we have the same phrase. It's surprisingly common globally in several different languages, and the suggestion behind it - that testicles are required for bravery, and women who do it are outliers and more manlike - remains amazingly sexist and patronising. Largely because most modern societies have come through an amazingly sexist and patronising period (and most of those are still stuck in it, as we can see).

Hence my joke that imaginary testicles is an interesting take on the trans debate.

Yes, we have the same phrase. It's surprisingly common globally in several different languages, and the suggestion behind it - that testicles are required for bravery, and women who do it are outliers and more manlike - remains amazingly sexist and patronising. Largely because most modern societies have come through an amazingly sexist and patronising period (and most of those are still stuck in it, as we can see).

Hence my joke that imaginary testicles is an interesting take on the trans debate.
Thanks Famine for the historical data.
The introduction of women in the race took place in 1954 with Betty Ligon, and to this day with Lia Block, among many others, who I call "Women of Steel".

Thanks Famine for the historical data.
The introduction of women in the race took place in 1954 with Betty Ligon, and to this day with Lia Block, among many others, who I call "Women of Steel".
I think Bertha Benz and her trial of her husband's new-fangled automobile might have something to say about the earliest women pioneers of motorsport. Women have been racing at Le Mans since 1930.

I think Bertha Benz and her trial of her husband's new-fangled automobile might have something to say about the earliest women pioneers of motorsport. Women have been racing at Le Mans since 1930.
Maybe he was speaking of Pikes Peak specifically ?

Madame Labrousse, Elsa d'Abrizzi, and Miss Wemblyn would like to know your location...

Last edited:
Kel9Ap.gif

The Pikes Peak route is 20km, basically the same size as the Nordschleife. Therefore, it is not impossible for PD to digitize Pikes Peak.

I agree that it would be a waste of a lot of resources and time for PD to develop a 20km route from point to point. It would be an underutilization in resource management.

But I confess that a fictional race with twenty, ten, six or two cars would be a lot of fun. And of course it would also be fun to have a permanent Time Trial of Pikes Peak in Sport Mode, just changing the car categories.

But...

To avoid underutilization of resources, PD could create a fictitious racetrack in a certain sector of the Pikes Peak route. A 2/3 (or 1/2) of a fictional track could be made up of a real part of Pikes Peak road, and the remaining 1/3 (or 1/2) could be invented, in an original way, taking advantage of of the local landscape, as PD did, in part, with the Grand Valley Highway.

Note: About the abyss of the last sector of Pikes Peak, PD could add fictitious guardrails, using poetic license. After all, putting up invisible walls would destroy the feeling of realism, especially since it would be very tacky for PD to opt to suddenly restart the car back on the track. By the way, PD has already done this by placing walls at the Nouvelle Chicane, on the Côte d'Azur track.

Last edited:
I don't see how Pikes Peak Hill Climb could be a underutilization of resources. Imagine all the content that could come out of it. BBBBBUUUUTTTT, it all comes to Kaz's will to do something other than his ego-emotional pride will let him.

Joyce Thompson, 1960:

In my previous comments, if there was anything I haven't said a word about yet, it was about the Hyundai N cars. Therefore, there is no doubt that everything I said is related to the Pikes Peak circuit.
My search for the first woman to race on this circuit had the output transcribed in my last comment.

After reading some of the following comments, I did a new search and here is what was said:

"Joyce Thompson also raced at Pikes Peak and is recognized for her contributions to motorsports. She ran the race in 1961, a few years after Betty Ligon. Both women are important in the history of running at Pikes Peak, but Betty Ligon was the first to compete there".

In my previous comments, if there was anything I haven't said a word about yet, it was about the Hyundai N cars. Therefore, there is no doubt that everything I said is related to the Pikes Peak circuit.
My search for the first woman to race on this circuit had the output transcribed in my last comment.

After reading some of the following comments, I did a new search and here is what was said:

"Joyce Thompson also raced at Pikes Peak and is recognized for her contributions to motorsports. She ran the race in 1961, a few years after Betty Ligon. Both women are important in the history of running at Pikes Peak, but Betty Ligon was the first to compete there".
Whatever AI-powered search you're using appears to be lying to you, as PPIHC itself says it was Thompson and in 1960. Here's a video PPIHC made about it (which you can also find in the link I posted above... from PPIHC):

The only Betty Ligon I can find was an aviator (and later newspaper editor) who flew in the Powder Puff Derby in 1947.

Ever since the launch of the Ionic 5 N (which I absolutely love along with pretty much everyone who's driven it) I've thought of how perfect it would be as an addition to the GT7 lineup. Now it looks like it gonna actually happen! The 5N is on the short list of daily-drivers I'm looking to buy once I'm done with grad school (along with 991.2/992 Porsches, Civic R/Integra S, M3 and some others)... I'll always have IC cars, but a hot EV daily would be awesome and the 5N is likely to be the best sports EV made thus far.

I'm sure it will only be presented in the simulated gear mode, as that's the most enthusiastic way to drive it, but I'm wondering if the DRS button will be mapped to the NGB function for the full 640hp. Would be pretty cool.

I also wonder if the 74 or any other Ns will be in the game. Would be awesome to have the Elantra, Kona, Velosters in game as well!

A load of bollocks :D

Is that Kingsley Ben-Adir on the left there?
Famine I will end this conversation with the content I made in the Chat, and after you have read them, you are free to delete the comments, as they add little or nothing to the blog. They are as you say, "A load of bollocks."
Thank you in advance for your search work and answers.

Who is Betty Ligon?

Betty Ligon is a figure known for her work in the field of journalism. She was a prominent journalist in El Paso, Texas, and worked for many years for the El Paso Herald-Post, a local newspaper. Betty Ligon was particularly known for her column "Betty's Babblin's," in which she wrote about a variety of topics, including social events, local gossip, and human stories. She is remembered for her vivid writing style and her deep involvement in the El Paso community.

Did she race a car on Pikes Peak?

Yes, Betty Ligon participated in the famous Pikes Peak International Hill Climb race. In addition to her career in journalism, she was also a car racing enthusiast and competed in the Pikes Peak race, which is one of the most iconic and challenging mountain climbs in the world. His participation in this race highlighted his adventurous spirit and multiple passions.

Was she one of the first women to run this race?

yes, betty ligon was one of the first women to participate in the pikes peak international hill climb. her participation was notable considering that the race, which began in 1916, was dominated by male competitors for many years. the inclusion of women like betty ligon marked a significant advancement in female representation in high-performance motorsports.

Before her, was anyone else doing the same?

Yes, before Betty Ligon, the first woman to compete in the Pikes Peak International Hill Climb was Alice Huyler Ramsey. In 1909, Alice Huyler Ramsey was the first woman to drive from coast to coast in the United States, but she also participated in the Pikes Peak race. Betty Ligon, however, was one of the first women to compete in this iconic race, helping to pave the way for future generations of female racers.

Where can I read what you just said on the internet?

I apologize for the error. Alice Huyler Ramsey did not compete in the Pikes Peak International Hill Climb. I will check reliable sources to provide correct information about the first women to participate in the Pikes Peak International Hill Climb. One moment please.
Joyce Thompson Ford was the first woman to compete in the Pikes Peak International Hill Climb. She participated in the 1960 race, driving an Austin-Healey. Despite facing challenging weather conditions, including rain, hail, and snow, she completed the race, which was a significant accomplishment at the time.

For more details about her and other notable participants, you can check the official Pikes Peak International Hill Climb website and additional sources such as Speed Sport

So, was not Betty the first woman to Race at Pikes Peak?

Correct, Betty Ligon was not the first woman to race at Pikes Peak. The first woman to compete in the Pikes Peak International Hill Climb was Joyce Thompson Ford, who participated in the race in 1960. Betty Ligon was among the early female racers at Pikes Peak and contributed significantly to the presence of women in the event, but Joyce Thompson Ford holds the distinction of being the pioneer.

Ahh, the perils of LLM AIs... You may enjoy this thread, from this point on:

I think 7 years to fully develop Pikes Peak is about right. You probably wouldn’t start laser scanning or doing location research until you have the licence, then you need to build all the assets and complete the custom artwork. It could well be another year off.

Remember GT7 isn’t like other series where they generate a landscape, and a generic tree here, add some wall there, make this and that the right colour. Every single digital asset is painstakingly recreated. How long did it take them to create the Nordschleife

Famine I will end this conversation with the content I made in the Chat, and after you have read them, you are free to delete the comments, as they add little or nothing to the blog. They are as you say, "A load of bollocks."
Thank you in advance for your search work and answers.

Who is Betty Ligon?

Betty Ligon is a figure known for her work in the field of journalism. She was a prominent journalist in El Paso, Texas, and worked for many years for the El Paso Herald-Post, a local newspaper. Betty Ligon was particularly known for her column "Betty's Babblin's," in which she wrote about a variety of topics, including social events, local gossip, and human stories. She is remembered for her vivid writing style and her deep involvement in the El Paso community.

Did she race a car on Pikes Peak?

Yes, Betty Ligon participated in the famous Pikes Peak International Hill Climb race. In addition to her career in journalism, she was also a car racing enthusiast and competed in the Pikes Peak race, which is one of the most iconic and challenging mountain climbs in the world. His participation in this race highlighted his adventurous spirit and multiple passions.

Was she one of the first women to run this race?

yes, betty ligon was one of the first women to participate in the pikes peak international hill climb. her participation was notable considering that the race, which began in 1916, was dominated by male competitors for many years. the inclusion of women like betty ligon marked a significant advancement in female representation in high-performance motorsports.

Before her, was anyone else doing the same?

Yes, before Betty Ligon, the first woman to compete in the Pikes Peak International Hill Climb was Alice Huyler Ramsey. In 1909, Alice Huyler Ramsey was the first woman to drive from coast to coast in the United States, but she also participated in the Pikes Peak race. Betty Ligon, however, was one of the first women to compete in this iconic race, helping to pave the way for future generations of female racers.

Where can I read what you just said on the internet?

I apologize for the error. Alice Huyler Ramsey did not compete in the Pikes Peak International Hill Climb. I will check reliable sources to provide correct information about the first women to participate in the Pikes Peak International Hill Climb. One moment please.
Joyce Thompson Ford was the first woman to compete in the Pikes Peak International Hill Climb. She participated in the 1960 race, driving an Austin-Healey. Despite facing challenging weather conditions, including rain, hail, and snow, she completed the race, which was a significant accomplishment at the time.

For more details about her and other notable participants, you can check the official Pikes Peak International Hill Climb website and additional sources such as Speed Sport

So, was not Betty the first woman to Race at Pikes Peak?

Correct, Betty Ligon was not the first woman to race at Pikes Peak. The first woman to compete in the Pikes Peak International Hill Climb was Joyce Thompson Ford, who participated in the race in 1960. Betty Ligon was among the early female racers at Pikes Peak and contributed significantly to the presence of women in the event, but Joyce Thompson Ford holds the distinction of being the pioneer.
Betty Ligon never raced cars, she had a private pilots license.
ChatGPT as @Famine has pointed out is steering you in the wrong direction,
it has pulled out information on her here which matches the first paragraph and is confusing pilot's license with racing cars.
Lastly here are the Pikes Peak result's from 1916-2021, Betty is no where to be seen.

Last edited:
I think 7 years to fully develop Pikes Peak is about right. You probably wouldn’t start laser scanning or doing location research until you have the licence, then you need to build all the assets and complete the custom artwork. It could well be another year off.
Strongly disagree with this: it shouldn't take Polyphony seven years to put less than 13 miles of road into a game and, in my mind, if you exclusively license something, there should be some hint of urgency about utilising that exclusive property.

Strongly disagree with this: it shouldn't take Polyphony seven years to put less than 13 miles of road into a game and, in my mind, if you exclusively license something, there should be some hint of urgency about utilising that exclusive property.

They are saving it so to find the most sensible way to monetize it and recoup their investment...
As much as we wish it to come for free, am I being the devil's advocate here?, I think they are looking for to see where it could fit in... I don't think they should or can afford to wait until GT8 / PS6 era....

PP has to come earlier.... Somehow

Back