Hyundai N Announces Gran Turismo Collaboration

• Thread starter PGodia10
  • 136 comments
Strongly disagree with this: it shouldn't take Polyphony seven years to put less than 13 miles of road into a game and, in my mind, if you exclusively license something, there should be some hint of urgency about utilising that exclusive property.
OK so what seems reasonable for you? Remember it's not just 12.4/20km miles of flat road. It's 20km over 1.4km tall which will require different levels of effect over then engines at different intervals, all exponentially too not linear as the amount of atmospheric pressure and oxygen levels change.

It took them 3 years to do the Nurburgring for GT4, so how long do you think it would take to make PP for GT7?

It took iRacing 18 months to build the Nordschleife 10 years ago

Last edited:
today's roulette ticket !! hyundai :))
20240606_094008.jpg

Last edited:
OK so what seems reasonable for you? Remember it's not just 12.4/20km miles of flat road. It's 20km over 1.4km tall which will require different levels of effect over then engines at different intervals, all exponentially too not linear as the amount of atmospheric pressure and oxygen levels change.
Two to three years wait seems reasonable to me, but to go seven years with an exclusive license and do nothing with it is unacceptable to me. I know of at least one other game that was set to feature Pikes Peak but then denied by the exclusive Polyphony deal.

I do accept your point that it is more than just a track to model, but I understood atmospherics were already part of the GT7 game model? (and I think it was part of GT6 as well, though not sure on that?)

Also - and it is a moot point, but I am going to raise it anyway - an exclusive license on something surely doesn't happen on a whim at short notice? Gran Turismo had been associated (as a sponsor) with PP before the deal was announced so, if a deal was being planned, they were surely doing some groundwork for the inclusion of the track in game?

I kinda doubt at this point it's about "how long does it take them to model the track", feels like it's just about them not even really planning to add it at all.

I agree with that. People were complaining about the revised legacy track layouts. So, it took PD ten years to remodel four fictional circuits in Deep Forest, High Speed Ring, Grand Valley and Trial Mountain? Meanwhile, Pikes Peak is just one point to point. It took or is taking twenty-five years for PD to continuously update Pikes Peak.

Don’t get me wrong, PD might have to wait for certain windows where they can scan, photograph all cracks in the road, different seasons to get the right color of foliage and various conditions of fog, rain, snow, arid conditions, wind simulations, astral positions, tarmac, gravel, accurate wildlife, etc.
If PD have practically given up on city layouts deeming them too detailed to model, is Pikes Peak too detailed in comparison?

They don't even mention Gran Turismo in their promo videos. The whole collaboration more and more looks like there just would be some GT rigs in Hyundai N booth on Pikes Peak, featuring Nurburging and Hyundai Genesis Gr.3.
Like, I think a video where drivers are "training" while driving their car on Pikes Peak track in GT seems to be a given, if it was coming to the game. Pretty much nothing at this point suggest we are getting any new content for the game from this collaboration.

However, I can only imagine how funny my messages can be for some people who might already know Pikes Peak is actually coming.

PD could create a fictitious racetrack in a certain sector of the Pikes Peak route.
That's actually interesting idea! Sorry I have nothing to add to this thread except for one funny suggestion- just make cars do a U-turn at the top and finish at the start line at the bottom. Voila, Pike Peak Wreckfest circuit! :D
including reversed
Pikes Peak reverse?! :scared: Despite having good experience of Pikes Peak (not in reverse!) from DiRT Rally 1.0, I expect to fly off the reverse track within first three turns, never to be seen again.

-----

If GT7 does add Pikes Peak, will they also add the crazy crowd? Like seen below. Standing there while a semi truck is propelling itself up the mountains and barely staying on the tarmac!

1717601047103.png

Ahh, the perils of LLM AIs... You may enjoy this thread, from this point on:

I read that part, thank you. Yes, it is known that half of the NET is fake, it is admirable that AI is unaware of such a thing.

So no one was able to report back after this week end from the event... What was found at the simulator ?
Nothing ?
I think if Pikes Peak and collaboration with Hyundai included the track or the car, we won't have to rely on some report from the event, at this point it would be announced officially with articles, pics, trailers and all that stuff.

I think if Pikes Peak and collaboration with Hyundai included the track or the car, we won't have to rely on some report from the event, at this point it would be announced officially with articles, pics, trailers and all that stuff.
All earth would have a day of work to celebrate the event.

Happy New Year Celebration GIF by Faith Holland

I guess if we're to replicate those times runs. Maybe PD had to wait for Hyundai data and record setting times before releasing content.

Edit: Interesting note from that article above
Note: Hyundai Motor originally planned to compete with four vehicles (two IONIQ 5 N TA Spec and two IONIQ 5 N production models). However, Paul Dallenbach, who was expected to drive an IONIQ 5 N production car, was not able to participate in the race due to injuries sustained during a practice run. In pre-race testing, Paul achieved a certified course time of 10:33:86.

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back