Hyundai N Announces Gran Turismo Collaboration

• Thread starter PGodia10
  • 136 comments
Joes Peak.png

Yeah. OK.

There's been plenty of smoke pointing toward the inclusion of Pikes Peak for a while now, but most chose to ignore it.

• The Pikes Peak scape which was used as promotion for one update but never officially released (usually the track related scapes launch with the track release)
  • Inclusion of a Pikes Peak tag when other track-specific cars don't have them (Isle of Man)
  • Polyphony holding the exclusive license.
  • Confirmation of Dai Yoshihara's Pikes Peak Tesla coming to GT7 just before the game launched.

If this collaboration is being revealed at N24 I guess we don't have long to wait and find out for sure at least.
I would be thrilled to have Pikes Peak at last but have been disappointed for so long I am not holding my breath.

Kaz announced races up to and including 24 hours over a year and a half ago... no sign of those yet so wouldn't hang your hat on this
You know in that message Kaz never says “up to and including” you’re making up statements to suit your narrative
As I suspected, the statement didn't say 24 hours of real time, so that may be it!
You easily forget multiple times where people correct you and then still say the incorrect thing… please actually take in what people are saying to you because you’re looking silly now

You know in that message Kaz never says “up to and including” you’re making up statements to suit your narrative

You easily forget multiple times where people correct you and then still say the incorrect thing… please actually take in what people are saying to you because you’re looking silly now

Direct quote from the statement: -

"・Addition of more Endurance Races to Missions, including 24-hour races;"

It may not say "24 hours of real time" or "up to and including" (correction accepted), however, since before this it beats a drum about 1 hour races specifically, that would be one serious lie by omission. So, since this topic is about Pikes Peak, nowhere does this most recent announcement confirm the track's addition. Thank you for proving my point bows

Last edited:
We've heard soo much about Pikes Peak for soo many years. Why would it be this collaboration that FINALLY gets it over the line?
We've only hear "soo much" about it for "soo many years" from the community, not from PD. Hype around Pikes Peak is entirely a case of the community failing to manage its own expectations.

We've only hear "soo much" about it for "soo many years" from the community, not from PD. Hype around Pikes Peak is entirely a case of the community failing to manage its own expectations.
It seems like a case of begging them to fulfil a supposed promise, especially with their (supposed) exclusivity. Given this remark here, I can see people turning on its addition the day it gets actually added as an update.

I hope when they were laser scanning pikes peak they didn't run out save space for their replay.

Pikes peak and more Hyundai N models will be very nice. Especially with adequate space.

I dont hold my hopes Up, that WE get the Pikes Peak Ioniq any time soon.

So I did my own Version:

View attachment 1361091View attachment 1361092View attachment 1361093View attachment 1361094View attachment 1361095
Looks like the Z got spun around, It's now SuNuki

To be fair, the picture that goes with it looks like pikes peak gameplay
Let's say for. Moment that you are correct, then :
1) It would mean Hyundai and Pikes Peaks are ready for the game.
2) because no one is gonna spend the huge amount to create and render those two backdrop AND two cars just for a promotional announcement....
3) even if it were the Scape photos, the work would be cut by half but still a significant amount of resources needed by PD teams.

These are unlikely scenarios and the two photos looks just as that, photos taken on scene.
So personally, I don't believe anything until I see more.

Exactly what that means is open for interpretation. For example, Hyundai will be hosting a special competition at a booth at the Nurburgring 24 Hours this weekend, with ten driving rigs set up for an unspecified challenge. This, obviously, doesn’t require any more than the game already offers.
Anyone at Pikes Peaks this weekend and can report back regarding these 10 GT7 rigs ?

I find it very weird that:
A) Kaz has been holding his cards very close about PP for decades
And
B) Hyundai N Vision 74 gets released on MS despite them saying the collaboration between GT and Hyundai
Shouldn't GT also get the Vision 74 ??

We've heard soo much about Pikes Peak for soo many years. Why would it be this collaboration that FINALLY gets it over the line?
Who's to say it isn't the other way around?

IE, Hyundai engaged in this partnership because PD are the Pikes Peak licence holders and have something in the works?

It's easy to be sceptical but there are so many Pikes Peak related curiosities in GT7 that point to it's future inclusion.

For what it's worth I think Montreal and Motegi are far more likely to arrive in GT7. But it would be nice to get some clarification on the status of Pikes Peak and other aspects of GT7 when the press meet Kaz. Personally I cannot see something as substantial as Pikes Peak being free DLC.

Who's to say it isn't the other way around?

IE, Hyundai engaged in this partnership because PD are the Pikes Peak licence holders and have something in the works?

It's easy to be sceptical but there are so many Pikes Peak related curiosities in GT7 that point to it's future inclusion.

For what it's worth I think Montreal and Motegi are far more likely to arrive in GT7. But it would be nice to get some clarification on the status of Pikes Peak and other aspects of GT7 when the press meet Kaz. Personally I cannot see something as substantial as Pikes Peak being free DLC.
Just curious, what’s more substantial, pikes peak or Nurburgring or La Sarthe? I’m not arguing with you, not being funny or difficult or acting slick. We haven’t had to pay for two classic tracks that are proabaly higher in significance than Pikes Peak.

I just googled this just then. It’s a couple site’s opinion, but if we were to pay for any racing venue(according to these rankings) it should then be La Sarthe(heck, even Bathurst are on several lists).

It would be very weird to start having to pay for it. However… if this were content like the Lewis Hamilton DLC where Hyundai gets a special section for players to use various Hyundai products to set times on Pikes Peak, I could probably see why it would be paid DLC. Again, a weird option, but that’s all I can think of as to why players would pay for Pikes Peak content.

Just curious, what’s more substantial, pikes peak or Nurburgring or La Sarther? I’m not arguing with you, not being funny or difficult or acting slick. We haven’t had to pay for two classic tracks that are proabaly higher in significance than Pikes Peak.

I just googled this just then. It’s a couple site’s opinion, but if we were to pay for any racing venue(according to these rankings) it should then be La Sarthe(heck, even Bathurst are on several lists).

It would be very weird to start having to pay for it. However… if this were content like the Lewis Hamilton DLC where Hyundai gets a special section for players to use various Hyundai products to set times on Pikes Peak, I could probably see why it would be paid DLC. Again, a weird option, but that’s all I can think of as to why players would pay for Pikes Peak content.
For starters Nurburgring and La Sarthe have been in Gran Turismo for many years. Pikes Peak is a huge amount of work that would need to be researched and built from scratch. We're in year 3 of GT7 and Sony are pushing hard to maximise revenue from all their franchises.

Unlike a traditional track Pikes Peak could be split into multiple sections, including reversed, used for Time Trials, Racing, Drifting, Touge etc. It could also fulfil the free-roam mode many want in GT7 - something we could see on the Tokyo track if PD expanded and connected various highways. If they where inclined to do so Pikes Peak could be substantial enough to be standalone DLC with dozens of events and activities.

GT5 had quite a few point to point races and rally events.
True but...
Rally cross is soooo slow and boring, zero immersion. We dont need rally or rally cross to this game. Please. 🙄😑😵‍💫
Try dirt rally rally cross. That is rally cross!

Massive no thanks on rally/snow.

Ohhh God. World Rally Challenge. Willow Springs.

I thought I'd never have to do that race again.
Also...

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/gran-turismo-rally.407526/ Check the poll results. A quick search on GTP's GT'7 forums will show there not a major interest in rally, but a name people recognoze show up and all of a sudden its..

YARN | Oh, well that's different | Friday (1995) | Video ...

True but...

Also...

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/gran-turismo-rally.407526/ Check the poll results. A quick search on GTP's GT'7 forums will show there not a major interest in rally, but a name people recognoze show up and all of a sudden its..

YARN | Oh, well that's different | Friday (1995) | Video ...'s different | Friday (1995) | Video ...
Most of the complaints in that post are about PD's implementation of offroad/dirt physics. Pies Peak has been fully paved for over a decade so that factor is now completely irrelevant.

12 miles, 150-odd turns - it's not much different from the Ring.

Personally, its the ffb in the wheels which is disappointing and makes me so anti rally. Same with wet. Pd just fails on the weight of the car and the heavy end of ffb. It doesn’t matter driving pancake, but vr affects my muscle memory and makes some stuff a hard no.

I’m sure we remember this
View attachment 1361309
View attachment 1361310

Seems so weird to tease this stuff and not at least release the Scapes to the game.
It’s almost as if they already finished scapes for the track, but didn’t want to release them into the game before they track got added. I mean there are many scapes sections for tracks which are in the game, could be that they just prepared this stuff.

It’s almost as if they already finished scapes for the track, but didn’t want to release them into the game before they track got added. I mean there are many scapes sections for tracks which are in the game, could be that they just prepared this stuff.
Can also be them wanting to release some Colorado scapes in one bunch, not dedicated to Pikes Peak but just general area. And they are just waiting to have more Colorado scapes, enough for a new pack of scapes.

On another note, I always wondered, how would they even implement Pikes Peak? And I mean, PD really love their invisible walls. One might say "it would be very silly if you just hit an invisible wall instead of going over the edge on Pikes Peak", but we already have Fisherman's Ranch, for example, where hitting a mesh is equal to crashing into a concrete wall, and having something similar on Pikes Peak wouldn't be much different. Maybe they would just add guard rails across the whole track, or even the same concrete mesh.

True but...
Rallycross is not point-to-point.

True but...

Rally/snow is not point-to-point.

True but...

Willow Springs is not point-to-point.

Also...

Pike’s Peak is a track, it’s not a rally. And if you check the suggestions forum you’ll find that it’s currently the most requested track.

True but...

Also...

YARN | Oh, well that's different | Friday (1995) | Video ...'s different | Friday (1995) | Video ...
I do like rally actually. A lot. But in GT7 the rally events are simply terrible.

They actually had a fantastic formula for rally events in GT5, but for whatever reason decided to drop it.

Back