ICGTC Season 3 FINISHED

• Thread starter ErikAndre71
  • 2,452 comments
Ok. Here are all results of this league so far. For those who are intrested.
There was some counting involved, don't shoot me if there are small mistakes. i did it rather fast and there are a lot of numbers. Also this are not official results, are based on the current point-system and are found on the forum and replays. :cheers:

icgt500.png

Congratulation to IMMORTALPILOT for winning this championship.

Congratulation to ProPersian to finish second in this championship

Congratulation to C-Falcon89 and Skengdigi for finishing third

And Congratulation to Maxitsu and ErikAndre71 for winning the team championship for Team Motul

Leader boards are updated, and now I also want a break.

Stay tuned here for information on the next season and our pre-season.

Wow I managed to keep fifth by one point! That's impressive.

Looking forward to the pre-season for season four now :)

Season 3 was my first full season with you guys and I thoroughly enjoyed it , I'm hoping I can find a bit more raw speed in Season 4 .

Yes I can't to get the pre season testing on way .

If possible I'm thinking we should start ASAP , I understand that some of us want a break but I'm sure some of us don't want a break :)

Its just testing all we need to do is show up and drive .

So I guess once everyone is available we can discuss this .

Suggested rules so far:

- Only Racing Hard tyres
- No more 2 scores removed from the leaderboard
- less tracks on the calendar
- Only 1 or 2 hotlaps in Qually instead of 30 minutes of fuel burning.
- Reduced points for those who park there car

Mine suggestion is to keep the diversity of diffrent tracks. There were alot of drivers moaning abour the 24-houre race, Cape Ring, City tracks, & monza, laguna.

one is to long, one has bad tyrewear, one has only straights, city tracks are stop & go. The thing is some i like and others i don't, but i like this diversity. In my opinion every championship has to have this kind of diversity.
Also i vote for more endurance races instead of rain.

Suggested rules so far:

- Only Racing Hard tyres
- No more 2 scores removed from the leaderboard
- less tracks on the calendar
- Only 1 or 2 hotlaps in Qually instead of 30 minutes of fuel burning.
- Reduced points for those who park there car

Qualify will be one stint only, or a set max time witch is less than the 30minutes. Maybe 15 minutes or so. But pitting will not be allowed.

Remove Nurburgring 24hr and Rome I'd say, or replace them maybe anyway.

If we remove those two witch I think its the two tracks we should remove we have 10 tracks on our calender. Witch should be enough. Looks like interest level after 10 races drops drastically. Been shown to us in every season so far. I guess to much is already decided after 10 races so people don't have any reason to race. I race for the fun of it and would have raced if we had 20 races to finish even if I couldn't change a thing, but reading Adams post before our race yesterday it was obvious he raced for the points.

I would like it to remain at 12 races maybe even adding 1 more to make it a total of 13 .

I'd like to see Grand Valley Speedway or Apricot Hill added to replace either Rome or Nurb 24 .

Nurb 24 has to go , its just too long and the racing there is blah .

I think we should change the qualifying to 15 or 20 minutes

If we remove those two witch I think its the two tracks we should remove we have 10 tracks on our calender. Witch should be enough. Looks like interest level after 10 races drops drastically. Been shown to us in every season so far. I guess to much is already decided after 10 races so people don't have any reason to race. I race for the fun of it and would have raced if we had 20 races to finish even if I couldn't change a thing, but reading Adams post before our race yesterday it was obvious he raced for the points.

yeah 10 races would be OK i guess. The intrest level indeed drops on the end, but i think it will not be better whit 10 races. I also drive for points but in the first place for fun so i like your "20 races" - proposal ;)

Well I don't know how nerdy you guys are, but I've spent every Saturday night racing a console game and used most of the day practice for the race to stand a chance.

Now the summer is sneaking up on us in Norway and I have a house that need work, my handicap makes me take advantage of my friends for help and Saturday is a really good day for them. I'm not letting my house fall down because I want to be dedicated to a video game so excuse me, but adding track to the calender.. And starting ASAP.. Sorry I don't follow that enthusiasm :P
In Norway most houses are made from wood as we have more than enough of it, we then have to paint them every 10 year or so.. I've already started washing the house and this Saturday I invited a friend to take the things I can't do from the ground. Having one leg and use a ladder and also handling a high pressure washer isn't recommended ;) So this Saturday I wont touch my console at all. I guess I be back next weekend, but I have to much on my head right now to even focus on our championship. You guys have my full attention next week

Personally I have exams in school starting in 2 weeks and lasting for 1 month. I don't think I will have much time.

Tsukuba is also a good track.

Yes I like this track as well , I think we could consider this one .

Looks like if we start the season in about 2 months it would be good for everyone and Persian wouldn't miss too many races , he should be back by about the start of the 2nd half of the season .

I think I will just use the time off to test some of the other cars

Tsukuba, Its too short in my opinion. If you are in midfield you will be lapped in no time or get stuck when you pit early. Also traffic will be high and a bit messy. Besides i am pretty borred to drive around this track.

It can't be any worse than Monaco with traffic and sometimes traffic helps to make the racing better because it bunches up the field .

I guess we can test it

I agree with Maxitsu about Tsukuba. And to compare it with Monaco is just wrong. Monaco is a lap time of about 1:30 and Tsukuba is less than a minute. It's a different about traffic and a chaos. As we have no blue flag it would be hard to know if your lapped or you have the right to defend.

And those who played the game and did 9 hours endurance a-spec on this track will just yawn of it.

I really like you guys having ideas and you will be heard, but posting before making some sort of research and have put some work into why you mean something is easily ignored.

So before stating: Tsukuba is a good track.. tell us why it is and if you have some ideas of the negative things about the track also would be awesome to mention.

Like. Pit is easily bugged here, traffic will be chaos, track is so short we would have to lap around here more times than there are minutes on the hour
Good things is. It's hard to gain on corner cutting. Not a slipstream war track and you probably could do 20+ laps on a set of tyres..

I have a favorite track also, it's Deep Forest and I even think its fun in reverse. But it's not a track really suited for a full grid of Super GT500 cars. It's doable, but compared to Suzuka it's not really a race track. Also in reverse the pit super easily resets you on entry. Also to short in my opinion.

And Maxitsu, if you read between the lines a bit and see that I'm a 41 year old fart that been hooked to GT5 since release you see I insult my self more than you guys!! Just don't take what I say so literally :sly:

Good point about the pit bug , I think Trial Mountain would be better than Deep Forest , racing there is a little less chaotic .

I think Autumn Ring should be considered highly . It doesn't have many negatives against it especially compared to the other tracks we've been discussing.

I was planning on doing season 4 during my mammoth summer break. I am due back at the end of september so I have a lot of time on my hands but next years work will be a bit hectic so I will have no time to practise (even less than this season). So if we can start some point in June and finish around late september/ early october that would be great.

Well I don't think we have to much to test. Maybe a track or two, but my plan was to start the pre-season next weekend. (earlier is impossible for me) and use May as a month to test and start off season 4 early june. No need to keep waiting.

Should we just decide we start season 4 June 9th? That would give us a 3 week pre-season and a week break.

Already decided rule changes is that everyone finishing 10 out of 12 races can stay with their car if they like. You are of course free to change, but then you need to let us know you free up your car.

IMMORTALPILOT can choose to keep the Yellowhat
ProPersian can choose to keep the Petronas (already talked to him since he was going away and he wanted to keep the car)
C-Falcon89 can choose to keep the Raybrig
Skengdigi can choose to keep the Calsonic
Arkano can choose to keep the Arta
ErikAndre71 can choose to keep the Motul
Maxitsu can choose to keep the Motul

This will give the most dedicated drivers just a little calm if they want to stick with their car.

If your want another car next season you will just type here that you let your car onto the "marked" again

So far we have these free to select cars
2 - Nissan XANAVI NISMO GT-R
1 - Nissan CALSONIC IMPUL GT-R
1 - Nissan YELLOWHAT YMS TOMICA GT-R
0 - Nissan AUTECH MOTUL GT-R
2 - Nissan WOODONE ADVAN CLARION GT-R
1 - Honda ARTA NSX
1 - Honda RAYBRIG NSX
2 - Honda TAKATA DOME NSX
2 - Honda EPSON NSX
2 - Lexus DENSO DUNLOP SARD SC430
1 - Lexus PETRONAS TOM'S SC430
2 - Lexus ENEOS SC430
2 - Toyota YELLOWHAT SUPRA

I want everyone to have selected their cars by 27th of May so we can see what we will do with teams. If it looks like we can do teams in one way or the other, we will do so. And feel free to team up with a someone and go for it.

Last edited:
I found some time to test some and Autumn Ring is a fresh track. Really fun and fast. And now to the usually BUT. It's super easy to gain a lot on corner cutting here and like we all know there is no way to check qualify lap cleanness. But I propose we try it in our pre season.

I'm actually online now if anyone find the time to join me. I will try tweak my car for this track just for the fun of it!

Back