IFTC: Race 10 - Completed

• Thread starter Sphinx
  • 141 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
The fun of driving a really fast car in GT was destroyed for me when PD introduced the Escudo in GT2. I vowed never again. ;)

Or was it GT3, I forget?. :banghead: :dunce: :rolleyes:

he is number 1 on quite a few tracks at the moment. He would be a nice little addition to your team i'd have to think.

Wouldn't it be great to get all the F2007 top ten regulars in a F2007 race. Like the one you me and holl01 had.

For sure it would !!!

Tried to start an "pal event" but didn´t got much feedback! :(

just have a look :

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=113174

and on gtrp here:

http://www.gtrp.de/forums/showthread.php?t=33434

Just tell me if you wan´t to drive 👍

The fun of driving a really fast car in GT was destroyed for me when PD introduced the Escudo in GT2. I vowed never again. ;)

Or was it GT3, I forget?. :banghead: :dunce: :rolleyes:

I know how you feel. :rolleyes:

And yes, Escudo was introduced in GT2.

I thought I was useless on the other events :( this is like steering a missile through the sewerage system :mad: I just can't get to grips with turn 1 at all as I checked out the top runners ghosts and it's beyond me how they get around it so fast :confused:

Will try again before the end but won't hold my breath ... GL to all :cheers:

I thought I was useless on the other events :( this is like steering a missile through the sewerage system :mad: I just can't get to grips with turn 1 at all as I checked out the top runners ghosts and it's beyond me how they get around it so fast :confused:

Will try again before the end but won't hold my breath ... GL to all :cheers:

Thats a tricky corner indeed, for starters, no braking required, as you enter at 3 hundred and whatever km/h, downshift unrealistically to 5th gear so you slows down quicker as the engine is destroyed, the tip to maintaing high speed is to make contact with the inside rumble strip, and it is this strip, depending on how well you can utilize it, that will determine how good your T1 is, also find the correct steering angle as this makes alot of difference in terms of grip, too much and you'll understeer into the barrier:tup:

Thanks for the tips Dan .. will try to take turn 1 with no brakes on my next attempt but it's definitely easier said than done for me :lol:
Cheers :cheers:

Thanks for the tips Dan .. will try to take turn 1 with no brakes on my next attempt but it's definitely easier said than done for me :lol:
Cheers :cheers:

I picked up what Dan was doing in turn 1 from his replay, and I implemented it in my runs. Dan is right, if you get it right the speed you get through the corner is fantastic. It takes a few tries to get it right, but when you do you wonder why it seemed so hard. The same goes for the second to last turn. again no braking, just use changing to 6th without acceleration and it tempers your speed enough to carry through the corner. Best thing to do would be to download Dans replay and you will see what I mean.

Yes, but still very hard to get turn 1 right. I think I must be giving it too much steering angle.

It's sooo frustrating that I lose 0.3 to dan in turn 1 alone, and my full lap is 0.5 slower.

If only I could get turn 1 right.

Yes, but still very hard to get turn 1 right. I think I must be giving it too much steering angle.

It's sooo frustrating that I lose 0.3 to dan in turn 1 alone, and my full lap is 0.5 slower.

If only I could get turn 1 right.

I managed to beat him a couple of times around turn 1. He is definately right about hitting the inside curb. Get it right and your laughing.

The place where I lose my time is out of the tunnel around the right & left turns. I always seem to run wide on the right hander with lack of grip, which then cocks up my run through the left across the bridge.

Last edited:
I managed to beat him a couple of times around turn 1. He is definately right about hitting the inside curb. Get it right and your laughing.

The place where I lose my time is out of the tunnel around the right & left turns. I always seem to run wide on the right hander with lack of grip, which then cocks up my run through the left across the bridge.

I'll have to have another go and see if i can get it right. So it's obviously vital that you catch the inside kerb.

I'll have to have another go and see if i can get it right. So it's obviously vital that you catch the inside kerb.

Well its not 'critical you catch it, but it does seem to allow you to maintain speed, enough to allow you to exit the sweeper with a minimum speed of just under 260km/h, anything less and you won't get the .9xx T1

Well its not 'critical you catch it, but it does seem to allow you to maintain speed, enough to allow you to exit the sweeper with a minimum speed of just under 260km/h, anything less and you won't get the .9xx T1

Ok, I get a high .1 to T1. lol. haven't had another go yet. Hopefully I improve.

Here is a video of my replay.

Hopefully Dan/Holl01 (Wink Wink Nudge Nudge) can give me some tips to get them extra couple of hundreths out of my time.

Here is the link, because the vid does not want to seem to load.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=n4wqVvBH6b8&feature=channel_page

Obviously best to click the watch in high quality, whilst watching.

Any tips will be greatly appretiated.

👍

Last edited by a moderator:
Grim, you've got turn 1 better than me. I think you just need to try and keep a good racing line through the S bend. At the second last corner just try and get close to the kerb but don't actually touch it. To do this turn in a little bit later. I think you lose a lot of time at the second last corner, but still an awesome lap. 👍.

Just watch dan's replay.

I improved to a 49.1 today. :D

Your T1 is .2 to .3 faster than my average T1 Grim so you are obviously losing something after it! My lap is 49.7 with a 14.3 ... Also do you drive the lap in that cockpit view btw or is it just in that view for the video? I race it in the same old bumper cam view the same as everything else in GT5P ... but it does look so much better in cockpit view I gotta say 👍

I had another little 50 lap session on this last night and chipped another couple of 10th's off to finish up at 49.497. Compared to my lap Grim, your turn 1 is miles better... I can get the apex speed, but end up running wide and hitting the outside wall. Somehow you're dropping 0.35 over the rest of the lap though... one thing you should be doing is riding the kerbs whenever you can... on the final bend this gets you at least an extra 1 or 2 mph of exit speed (I'm dropping off the last kerb at 211mph). Clearly not very realistic from a physics POV, but it works.

I had another little 50 lap session on this last night and chipped another couple of 10th's off to finish up at 49.497. Compared to my lap Grim, your turn 1 is miles better... I can get the apex speed, but end up running wide and hitting the outside wall. Somehow you're dropping 0.35 over the rest of the lap though... one thing you should be doing is riding the kerbs whenever you can... on the final bend this gets you at least an extra 1 or 2 mph of exit speed (I'm dropping off the last kerb at 211mph). Clearly not very realistic from a physics POV, but it works.

Riding the kerb's is slower for me. I get much faster times if I get as close to them as I can without actually touching them.
Or do you mean kerbs as in the one's on the banked section, you definitely should be riding those.

Yes, kerbs on the banked sections... exit of next to last turn and all the way round the inside of the final turn.

Your T1 is .2 to .3 faster than my average T1 Grim so you are obviously losing something after it! My lap is 49.7 with a 14.3 ... Also do you drive the lap in that cockpit view btw or is it just in that view for the video? I race it in the same old bumper cam view the same as everything else in GT5P ... but it does look so much better in cockpit view I gotta say 👍

Most of the time I use the bumper cam. With some cars I will use the cockpit, but only some as the view in some cockpits are pretty low on visibility.

I have also hit sub 14' in T1 on a number of occassions. So there is deffinatlety room for improvement there at turn 1.

@Stotty,

It is murder trying to ride the kerbs, especially with the G25 set to FF 10. Feels like it shaking the wheel apart. Must admit this event is a good workout for the arms with the wheel.

Last edited:
I changed my FF to 5 last night as I found I was gripping the wheel too tightly.

And there's a specific turn in point for the bottom kerb in the final turn that simply drags the car round the corner with virtually no steering pressure... it requires quite an early turn in and a lot of trail and error.

Yes, kerbs on the banked sections... exit of next to last turn and all the way round the inside of the final turn.

Yes, you must use those kerbs. You can get some extra speed if you use them.

i use ff 10 but i let it shake, i dont apply to much pressure to try and fight it, i noti=ced that if you are very sensitive you can actually get the car to not shake at all down the straights, even on the highest setting

If I let it shake it get's so violent that it loosens the joints on my wheel stand pro... but it's only really a problem coming out of the final turn... once on the straight and running straight(!), it doesn't do it.

I lowered the FF to make it easier to keep the car fully on the kerb in the final turn.

I've got a DFGT and I always run ff on 5 just so it doesn't get too violent down the straights. Should I turn ff up to 10 in all the other cars?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Back