IFTC: Race 10 - Completed

• Thread starter Sphinx
  • 141 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
There was an element of fluke! I shift down two at the final marker, keep the power on for a bit longer, turn in, let go of the power button and hope for the best:lol: It usually results in 14.0's.

Time acheived will be more than likely time posted, i know my fastest T1 would lower my time into the .1xx and have eventually sussed 2nd from last corner doing 174/5mph. Still may have a crack using the above method just to see what if any i could acheive

Time acheived will be more than likely time posted, i know my fastest T1 would lower my time into the .1xx and have eventually sussed 2nd from last corner doing 174/5mph. Still may have a crack using the above method just to see what if any i could acheive

I watched Holl's replay a few times, that helped me a lot. I picked up the first corner fairly quickly although I don't nail it every time. I just chuck it in and hope for the best, once I got used to the shifting bit the turn in kind of works itself out.👍

I now have all corners sussed and just need now to put the perfect lap toghether. I will be mega disappointed if I can't do it between now and the end of the event.

I know this may be a bit of trivial information, but the last session i decided to switch from simulation feedback to professional feedback, still using maximum strength, it helped as i was able to obviously improve, but i also found it was much easier to stick to the concrete curbing for the long sweeper approaching the finish line

Just had another go chasing Dans ghost, i managed to improve, still more to come if time permits, besides clocking 11 laps back to back all in the .2xx i managed to outpace dans ghost through T1 and the first S on 3 occasions, just fluke me thinks

Ran another 100+ laps last night but just couldn't get T1... best I hit was a 14.116, but the T1 on my best lap of 49.301 is only a 14.15x. I can get in to the corner as fast as Dan, but can't get on the gas anywhere near as soon and I'm losing 0.2 in the first sector... rest of the lap I'm pretty comfortable with.

Can't see me getting another chance to run this as my wife is already anoyed that I sent her off to watch TV in bed last night so I could run my laps.

Sorry to IFTC team GTP, think I could've gone faster but ran out of time. I just feel bad I didn't get a 48.9 when I know I could've. Sorry again

Went to tennis today and i'm going again tomorrow. Awesome watching tennis in real life. Anyway, thats why I ran out of time.

Sorry to IFTC team GTP, think I could've gone faster but ran out of time. I just feel bad I didn't get a 48.9 when I know I could've. Sorry again

Went to tennis today and i'm going again tomorrow. Awesome watching tennis in real life. Anyway, thats why I ran out of time.

No need to aplogise. You gave it your best in the time that was available to you. No one could ask more from you. 👍👍

what a shame about that, well at least you gave it your best shot

Thanks Dan, Sphinx 👍 Bring on the next IFTC (if there is another one).

Nice time PsychoGT! 👍 Into the 48's.

Nice time PsychoGT! 👍 Into the 48's.

Thanx! :)

Gtrats for Top 10 in both races
Spookye gave me final Tip for getting last turn / curve. The.8 might be possible now, but Dan´s .7 is truly out of reach! Don´t know if i go back again :crazy:

As always:
Insane Lap Dan!!! I would say this is the "Perfect Lap"!!!!
It doesn´t matter which car or Track, you were always on the front!
you got my maximum Respect mate! 👍
Hope to race u two asap :dunce:

Thanx Psycho! I was certainly well pleased with the lap, i had done a .798 in that same session but i knew a mid .7 was out there somewhere, another 50 or so laps and I grabbed it:D

Indeed we should have another online race soon;)

Yeah, we should try and organise to race again. Last time we raced I had trouble with my internet and couldn't connect to races. Hopefully I can race you two more than once this time. I suppose we'd race at fuji in the F2007 again?

well,made it into top 20 today...don't have any time left today so uploaded replay......good luck everybody!!...

spyrrari.

Last edited:
Congrats to all who participated :cheers:

Dan as usual, you were intouchable 👍
Thanks to all your replays I think a lot of us have learned some new tricks :sly:

Thanks a lot to Sphinx & Baxnimis for this great Championship and the team behind them.

PS: I didn't compete on this last race as F1 in Gran Turismo is a real nightmare for me.

A big, big thanks to DreherKoenig, PsychoGT, and the rest of the GTRP crew for allowing use of their database. The support they provided for the various "special requests" from time to time was superb. 👍

:cheers:

I have just got in, and wil be spending the next hour trying to improve. But I must say It looks like for the first time this championship I am going to finish in the top half.

I am a little disappointed that the GTros guys chose to hold their times back as they were knowhere to be seen yesterday, then alls of a sudden they have appeared with their times, but that is up to them and upto us to beat them.

I will reserve my thanks for the time being as I will start a thank you thread so we congratulate all involved.

Well done guys

Cheers Jamie.

Just managed to run another session and finally sussed turn 1 out. Started hitting consistent 14.0xx's and eventually hooked one of them up with an OK T2 and a solid T3 for a 49.140... good enough for 11th on the rankings. Happy :)

Uploading time and replay now.

Edit: Even better... looks like it's good enough for 8th place as 3 of the times above me are from before the start of the event :)

Last edited:
Thanks to the organization for the great work and to all the drivers that have compited fairly and doing his best. The congratulations to the winners... I'll post them at 1 AM :)

I am a little disappointed that the GTros guys chose to hold their times back as they were knowhere to be seen yesterday, then alls of a sudden they have appeared with their times, but that is up to them and upto us to beat them.

Although doing that in completely legal, I add that our team times are in the GT5P rankings since some days ago, as my team partners were improving them and all the competitors could see that times. Some people of other teams do their times offline and a lot of them upload their time and replay to the database in the last day and it is completely legal. Nothing to say about that. I don't believe that what you say is to be "dissapointed".

(My limited English makes me express badly about this but I think you understand me xD).

By the way, congratulations to your team for a great championship :)

My time in this last race is horrible. I don't know how to drive this car properly :(

To all,
please save your congratulations for the results thread and the Final Standings thread that will be posted soon. 👍

Thanks to the organization for the great work and to all the drivers that have compited fairly and doing his best. The congratulations to the winners... I'll post them at 1 AM :)

Although doing that in completely legal, I add that our team times are in the GT5P rankings since some days ago, as my team partners were improving them and all the competitors could see that times. Some people of other teams do their times offline and a lot of them upload their time and replay to the database in the last day and it is completely legal. Nothing to say about that. I don't believe that what you say is to be "dissapointed".

(My limited English makes me express badly about this but I think you understand me xD).

By the way, congratulations to your team for a great championship :)

My time in this last race is horrible. I don't know how to drive this car properly :(

You are right it is not illegal to post your time and hide it from others, but it does go against the spirit of the event when the idea is that you can see what you are up against. The probelm is that we have people who work hard to get a time what they think is a good, only for a load of people to hide their times and post them late.

Sandbagging as we call it is just wrong and is frowned upon from my point of view.

Otherwise the event has been a huge success.

Well done all teams.

👍

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back