IFTC: Race 10 - Completed

• Thread starter Sphinx
  • 141 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
So happy, following Dan's ghost gone from .342 to .284 then .279 now finally .251, still got a little extra i know i can take off, hoping this will be my best position out of the nine races i've done, doubt it though, all those void entries in race 5 pushed me up to 20th

Hey guys, I just got started on this event today, as I'm hoping to join the IFTC in an attempt to help put GTP on top. 👍 It's definitely taken me some time to even get comfortable with the F2007, considering how sensitive the steering is with the 6-axis. My best lap so far was a 49.479, although I can definitely knock a couple of tenths off that time by Monday's deadline. I can see a 49.1xx with a little bit of luck and perseverance. I doubt I will be able to place in the top ten overall by the time the deadline comes, but hope to steal the number 1 pad time from Raikko at the very least. Good luck team GTP :cheers:

Last edited:
Hey guys, I just got started on this event today, as I'm hoping to join the IFTC in an attempt to help put GTP on top. 👍 It's definitely taken me some time to even get comfortable with the F2007, considering how sensitive the steering is with the 6-axis. My best lap so far was a 49.479, although I can definitely knock a couple of tenths off that time by Monday's deadline. I can see a 49.1xx with a little bit of luck and perseverance. I doubt I will be able to place in the top ten overall by the time the deadline comes, but hope to steal the number 1 pad time from Raikko at the very least. Good luck team GTP :cheers:

If you're gonna join us you need to let me know quickly as I need to add you to the team and add you to the Database at GTRP.

KABOOOOOOMMMMM,

Finally after 2 days of getting knowhere near my time I have smashed it by nearly .3 with a 49.6.

I have changed the way in which I follow Dan's replay. I just follow his turn in points and hey presto, smashed my time first fuoll speed run tonight.

Last edited:
did a 48.757, it was technically a very correct looking lap, pretty happy with it.

did a 48.757, it was technically a very correct looking lap, pretty happy with it.

Nice Work! That's an awesome time.

I'm going to submit my time of 49.060. Won't get any time to drive or submit tomorrow because i'm going to watch the Medibank International (tennis tournament). So this time will have to do. I know I can go faster, just never linked up all the corners nicely.:indiff:

i was watchig the tennis at the same time as driving, well to be honest i expected you to atleast obtain a 48.9xx time going by your other laps with the f2007, better luck next time mate;)

i was watchig the tennis at the same time as driving, well to be honest i accpected you to atleast obtain a 48.9xx time going by your other laps with the f2007, better luck next time mate;)

:eek: Dan, you are the man. That is an out of this world time. :eek:

Thats what I like to here:tup: Just trying to finish off strong for the last race of this great series

well done Danman...:)....superlap!!!...

we are currently second in the team championshiplist guys...i think we are in for a close finish...:nervous:

spyrrari.

i was watchig the tennis at the same time as driving, well to be honest i expected you to atleast obtain a 48.9xx time going by your other laps with the f2007, better luck next time mate;)

Yeah, I was aiming for the 48.9xx but never quite got there. I'm pretty disappointed I couldn't get there.:guilty: I was up until 3:30am and working on it for 3 hours last night, I didn't improve at all.:grumpy: Reason I submitted was because i'll be out all day tomorrow, until late and then the next day I won't be able to submit it because I don't wake up until around midday (i'm on holidays).

That is a fantastic lap Dan, well done.👍

well done Danman...:)....superlap!!!...

we are currently second in the team championshiplist guys...i think we are in for a close finish...:nervous:

spyrrari.

There are a couple of people that I know will run fast times that aint posted their times yet.

This is going to be close. :eek:

There are a couple of people that I know will run fast times that aint posted their times yet.

This is going to be close. :eek:

Certainly will be.

I've done all I can to help. I've probably run about 1000+ laps for this event. Really wanted to get into the 48.9's, but didn't:indiff:

I'm glad I did join for these last two races. Thanks to Dan and spyrrari for incouraging me to join. They've been great fun.👍

wow, great effort running 1000 laps;) Your assistance at this late stage in the championship has been invaluable, if only i held up my end of the bargin in race 9 we would be infront! Anyways not to be, replay uploaded. Good luck all in the results

Thats how desperate I was to get a 48.9 and help GTP.

This IFTC has been fantastic, well what I've done of it. I wish I entered earlier.

Don't worry about race 9, I think you've helped the team enough in every other event. Keep it up:tup:

Good luck everyone for the last event.

wow, great effort running 1000 laps;) Your assistance at this late stage in the championship has been invaluable, if only i held up my end of the bargin in race 9 we would be infront! Anyways not to be, replay uploaded. Good luck all in the results

I bet I aren't far off a 1000+ laps. Spent every spare moment of the last week trying to improve my time. I really want to supply the team with points on the finla event.

Yeah, I wanted to help out the team as much as I could in this last race. Been up late every night, so my body clock is stuffed now.

Last edited:
Nice lap Dan, very much sure your Laps over the course of the IFTC have helped many people including myself improve their own times and standard of driving.
Big Thanks

Also as said many times, much appreciated to the idea man behind this, the organizers/ helpers who have created a fun/annoying event over these pass weeks, cheers guys

I just got a chance to put in another 30 laps this morning. I was able to put in a new best of 49.279 (19th on leaderboard), although I still see a lot of room for improvement in Sector 2. My Sector 1 time was actually a bit faster than Holl01's. Getting Sector 2 right with the controller is extremely difficult though...at least with any consistency :crazy: The corner entry for turn two is absolutely critical to achieving a good lap, as you must carry a good rhythm and line through the esses. Getting the car turned in at the correct moment at T2, with the right amount of speed is really giving me a hard time. I'm either on the mark or way off. Also, maintaining the speed that Holl01 carries through the esses is nearly impossible for me, as I don't have much modulation of the steering/gas/brake inputs with the pad. If you don't have finesse with the inputs through this section, the car likes to understeer a bit too much, which is what is REALLY killing my lap. :ouch:

Anyway, I'm going to try hard today to possibly put in a top ten time. I think I'll pick up some Redbulls to help the cause lol. Wish me luck! 👍

Last edited:
Top ten, you will be lucky, once the sutil team put there times on the board en-mass and all very close together you will be lucky to be in top 20

Top ten, you will be lucky, once the sutil team put there times on the board en-mass and all very close together you will be lucky to be in top 20

Yeah - I'm a bit disappointed about this. We have a great leaderboard facility, provided by GTRP. One of the positive aspects of this absorbing competition is the ability to gauge your performance as the race progresses.
Racers holding back their times until the end obviously detracts from this.
In my view it's not in the spirit of the competition, as it appears that the result is more important than the participation.

Well I meant top 10 for today. That doesn't really mean much in the end though lol.

I do not know what to say, but "BLOODY HELL". That is a fantastic time for someone using a pad. I hope you do make the top ten overall, you deserve it.

To all team members.

Keep it up guys as captain you are pulling out all the stops for me & doing a fantastic job.

Cheers Jamie (The Grim Reaper). 👍

Last edited:
HELP!!!

I've set a time and it hasn't appeared on the online top 100, does this still qualify? (yes, it is quick enough to appear there:) )

I'm signed in and online but the 'online records don't seem to be working:yuck:

Does not need to be online, many people rather unsportingly do this/these events offline therefore keeping people guessing/in suspense as to what times they have achieved, as long as you have completed with your correctly registered user name and have a saved replay, all will be well

It's weird, I've been online all evening doing this event. I had a time registered earlier but the online records just stopped recording.

I've rebooted now and it seems to be working. Just so there is no animosity, my new time is 49.533 :sly:👍

It's weird, I've been online all evening doing this event. I had a time registered earlier but the online records just stopped recording.

I've rebooted now and it seems to be working. Just so there is no animosity, my new time is 49.533 :sly:👍

Nice time. 👍

We need to push guys we are so close, we need to round up as many of our top drivers as we can. We are starting to dominate the top.

One worrying issue is that there aren't many Gtros drivers at the top, which suggests they are been sneeky and holding their times back, otherwise why are they at the top.

Sphinx,
I see you lurking, are you gonna give us a time for this one? Been one of our better drivers, It would help. I know you are a busy man, but you could probably beat my time in one run. 👍

Last edited:
Nice time. 👍

Thanks Jamie. I hope to shave a bit more of yet but I certainly don't want to cause a scandal by not having it appear on the online records.

I hit a 13.9 first sector, the middle was fairly good too but I lost all the time (on Holl) in the penultimate corner.

*must go quicker*

I can only manage 14.1xx for my T1 times, probably because i use brakes

There was an element of fluke! I shift down two at the final marker, keep the power on for a bit longer, turn in, let go of the power button and hope for the best:lol: It usually results in 14.0's.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Back