IFTC: Race 10 - Completed

• Thread starter Sphinx
  • 141 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
I run my G25 at 10 for everything except the F1.

I always run my FF on the minimum of 1 on all cars as I hate to feel it, but even on 1 in the F1 it's very noticeable down the straight :P

I love feeling the car through the wheel, it's realistic. I think i'll do the same as stotty from now on with the ff.

Last edited:
I am done with this round as I hate this damn unrealistic chunk of crap ... no offence to Jerry for putting the race forward! but for some reason I can't take turn 1 like everyone else :( I think my wheel is knackered tbh :mad:

The time I have will be my final and I care not if it stays in the top 100 .. too much mental frustration for my liking, Thanks for a cool competition and I will see you all down the road somewhere not in an F1 car :cheers:

Take it easy guys and GL to all 👍

Nice video there grim, your T1 is better than psycho-GTRP and not sure now but he was in the top 10, so like others say, you loosing it somewhere else. I know comparing my own time to psycho's, his T1 is faster by 0.099, T2 faster by 0.088 but T3 faster by 0.495, so i know i'm loosing all my time from T2 too finish. Im also using the braking technique for turn 1 not the shift down without brakes.
Like others finding this a pain in the arms and a little dissapointed with the flaw in using the F1 and not needing to brake, most unrealistic.
Needless to say good luck to the GTP guys and all the best to the rest:sly:

Nice video there grim, your T1 is better than psycho-GTRP and not sure now but he was in the top 10, so like others say, you loosing it somewhere else. I know comparing my own time to psycho's, his T1 is faster by 0.099, T2 faster by 0.088 but T3 faster by 0.495, so i know i'm loosing all my time from T2 too finish. Im also using the braking technique for turn 1 not the shift down without brakes.
Like others finding this a pain in the arms and a little dissapointed with the flaw in using the F1 and not needing to brake, most unrealistic.
Needless to say good luck to the GTP guys and all the best to the rest:sly:

I am in the process of pulling my lap apart to see where I am losing, I am almost certain it is the right left combo, as I am noticing that I leave there 2mph slower than Dan (Holl01). 2mph does not sound much but in the F1 it could add up easily to 1 second, due to accelration of the car.

I am getting to the point now aswell, where I am constantly hitting sub 14" for T1. so losing massively somewhere else.

I have just pulled mine & Dan's replays apart and I am losing .425 in T2 & .505 in T3. So my assumption on T2 is wrong. I am equally losing in the final 2 sectors.

Last edited:
I am done with this round as I hate this damn unrealistic chunk of crap ...

I felt the same way trying to run this early last week. I enjoy the ride but when I have to try to run in an unrealistic manner I tend to loose interest. It becomes more about the game effect and less about driving.

Still, there is a ton of skill involved and I am amazed at the times you guys are running. 👍

I really liked this series so no complaints here just I cannot drive this car.

Last edited:
It's a shame the final race as uncovered a flaw in the F1, figured it would be a little bit of fun and loads of teeth grinding to do this time trial. It is the last one so will plod on and will continue to brake for turn 1 and not do the unrealistic thing.
As for T1 to T2 Grim, just hooking up those two corners knocked .3 of the over all time but it's still 2nd from last corner my bogey corner.
I'm sure you will hook up T2 and final before closing day, we need the points seen as some of the big guns of GTP are missing

Edit, Dan's a bit special when it comes to these time trials, so i tend to compare my attempt with someone lower down in the top 10

It's a shame the final race as uncovered a flaw in the F1, figured it would be a little bit of fun and loads of teeth grinding to do this time trial. It is the last one so will plod on and will continue to brake for turn 1 and not do the unrealistic thing.
As for T1 to T2 Grim, just hooking up those two corners knocked .3 of the over all time but it's still 2nd from last corner my bogey corner.
I'm sure you will hook up T2 and final before closing day, we need the points seen as some of the big guns of GTP are missing

Edit, Dan's a bit special when it comes to these time trials, so i tend to compare my attempt with someone lower down in the top 10

I am dedicating all my time on GT5P to this event till it closes. Being team captain, I want us to do well on the final event and take that top spot, and if that means spending all my time to improve, I will. My times have not been fantastic but I am determined to help the cause on the last event.

I use Dan as a ghost as I find that alls of a sudden I will knock .5 off my time from know where, he is a good ghost to follow, as he forces you to push that little bit extra.

Don't get me wrong, I've viewed a few of Dan's time trial's, amazing is what they are and if you can gain that little bit from watching and chasing his ghost, all the best. We each drive differently and alas i can never copy what he does as my driving is erratic and not smooth like him.
Hopefully some of the big boys will get behind the wheel and clock some times to get those all important points if not, hopefully us lesser drivers can surprise ourselves in this final event and pinch some extra points:sly:

I'm trying really hard for this event. I think I could still get another tenth through turn but that's all I can imrove on with my lap.

I always use dan's ghost, if I don't, I don't push hard enough.

Well it's the second time I try the F2007, and I think it appears to be quite realist on a track like HSR.. My point of vue was that motricity was excessive but it doesn't really matters on HSR

Maybe you should have forbiden us to drive out of track, I prefered my first run, when I didn't know we were allowed to drive just between walls. :)

In any cases thanks a lot for the IFTC organization, that was a nice experience 👍👍

I just improved to a 49.060, good enough for 5th.

Congrats to Dan, what a fantastic time well done. 👍

I lose all my time to Dan in the second to last corner. I drop about 2 tenths there.

I just improved to a 49.060, good enough for 5th.

Congrats to Dan, what a fantastic time well done. 👍

I lose all my time to Dan in the second to last corner. I drop about 2 tenths there.

Great time likewise mad:sly: Not entirely happy with my last sector though, and left a little in T1 so pretty confident i can beat the time i have of 48.805 again if required:tup:

Great time likewise mad:sly: Not entirely happy with my last sector though, and left a little in T1 so pretty confident i can beat the time i have of 48.805 again if required:tup:

well done Dan and Madison...👍👍,keep up the good work dudes,and make sure you submit your times/replays before the deadline...:sly:....

i didnt have any time this week(only 5 laps or so...:ouch:)so am hoping to improve in comming weekend,will be hard because i have (-as allways...)a full list of other things to do.....family life takes all my time away....:indiff:

hope some more GTP guys can make it into the top 10 so we can win this championship!!!.....

good luck...

spyrrari.

Thanks spyrrari. 👍 I'll be sure to submit my time before the deadline.

I'm fairly happy with my time. Might be able to get into the 48's. I still can't get the second last corner right. If I can get that right, 48's here I come.

second last corner requires very precise steering inputs to maintain a minimum speed of say 283-284km/h, the second hardest corner in the circuit, corner after T1 is the most difficult in my opinion to consistently get right

second last corner requires very precise steering inputs to maintain a minimum speed of say 283-284km/h, the second hardest corner in the circuit, corner after T1 is the most difficult in my opinion to consistently get right

They are both very difficult to get right. In my opinion second last corner is harder. My corner speed is about 5 kays down on yours on a good lap. I'll keep working on it.

Guys,

We currently account for a third of the top 30 in this event. I notice aswell that there are some names missing so all is looking good for a strong finish.

Well done lets keep the pressure on.

When it's all going well, it's a 0.0xx here and there, when it's going bad it's nearly PS3 out the window

EDIT Better superglue it down

When it's all going well, it's a 0.0xx here and there, when it's going bad it's nearly PS3 out the window

EDIT Better superglue it down
:lol:
Keep trying. practice makes perfect.

Had another 50 laps yesterday afternoon... down to a 49.327, but thats off a poor 14.154 T1, and has another small mistake... think I can get down to around a 49.100 if I get time for another run.

nice effort mate;)

i reckon i might squeeze a quicky monday morning to try and get a mid .7xx, before i have a round of golf with my brother;) my personal best T1, T2 are xx.941 and xx.254 if anyone is interested

I have hit a brick wall with this one. I am struggling now the imrpove, maybe over doing it and trying to hard.

The main place I am losing time is the second to last corner, I go through there 8 - 10mph slower than Dan, and I just can't see how he is getting through there at that speed.

I'll have one more go tomorrow then i'll submit. Not sure if i'll improve. I hope so.

Is there anyone out there that can help me with this second to last corner, as I am losing my marbles with this. If I can just nail that corner I will truly have a competitive time. I am losing upto .7 on that corner and it is frustrating the hell out of me.

This has to be something to do with technique, as I know the car can do it, I just don't seem to have the grip in the car to go any faster than 170mph. I have seen Dan go round it at 178mph.

i use km/h, the maximum speed it can be taken is at 284km/h in my opinion and it requires very precise steering inputs, u have to basically enter the corner and think, **** it i'll just not brake, but u need to lift ever so slightly midway through the corner just as ur about to open out with the wheel, or straighten up, its a complicated corner that requires u to have good rythm to get a consistent feel for it, all i can say is trust ur line and u'd be suprised how little u need to lift to safely take it

That's my weakness as well.

Just had a another go at this for 3 hours and didn't improve. It's frustrating because I know I can go faster. It's linking all the sectors I struggle with.

I can't get through it at 178mph, but I can hit 174/175... firstly, you need to be on the high kerb before turning in. Then turn in on full throttle, using a similar steering technique to turn 1... use too much lock and the car understeers wide. Feather the throttle at the apex, before full throttle all the way out. Like turn 1, the key is to get the right turn in point and not use too much lock.

Dan,

Just got back from golf myself... -7 when we teed off, then a slight breeze got up and it got colder! Nice to hit a couple of 320 meter drives and only be hitting 8 iron into a 500 meter par 5 due to frozen conitions. Guess you'll be playing in shorts rather than full thermals?

lol! -7 degrees and your outside playing golf, keen! yeah its gonna be t shirt and shorts day here in summer on monday, cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Back