Immigration

• Thread starter KSaiyu
  • 1,702 comments
Exactly!

I'm not against the people, that seek asylum in Europe and Germany for that matter. A lot of these people have suffered under conditions unimaginable for us spoiled Europeans, but everytime the media, the politicians and the organisations talk about this topic, they always talk about how xy country needs to offer them asylum, instead of asking or rather looking for solutions to prevent this from happening at all.

You invade them, they invade you. Fair is fair.

Although Germany may be a reluctant partner of the Coalition of the Just and Willing, you and all the others who threw in with the bold and profitable idea of invading the Middle East simply must pay the price for losing your gamble on the military and political genius of the US and Britain to steer your course.

@Dotini, do you believe in karma by any chance?
Yes, but only in a general sense; nothing specific.

To paraphrase Tyrion Lannister on prophecy, "[Karma] looks as though it might be useful, but the moment you trust in it, it kicks you in the head. ”

Last edited:
losing your gamble on the military and political genius of the US and Britain to steer your course.

420749623_i_lol_d_answer_1_xlarge.jpeg

You invade them, they invade you. Fair is fair.

Although Germany may be a reluctant partner of the Coalition of the Just and Willing, you and all the others who threw in with the bold and profitable idea of invading the Middle East simply must pay the price for losing your gamble on the military and political genius of the US and Britain to steer your course.
I'm actually surprised you haven't played the Hitler card yet.

Anyone intouch with what is happening at Calais, apprently there is around 30k Migrants trying to get into trucks to get passage into UK.

Anyone intouch with what is happening at Calais, apprently there is around 30k Migrants trying to get into trucks to get passage into UK.

Slight bump.

This is getting worse, and ridiculous. The French police doesn't arrest the immigrants but just scares them away, giving them the chance to have another go later on.

BBC is describing these folks at Calais as refugees.
Is there a difference between refugees and migrants?

Slight bump.

This is getting worse, and ridiculous. The French police doesn't arrest the immigrants but just scares them away, giving them the chance to have another go later on.

I don't really understand why don't send them back to Africa as soon as they are caught, they are all economic migrants and most likely without work visa. They have exactly zero rights to be on the French soil.

If migrants get caught here in Czech Republic they are all detained and put in compound for migrants, where they wait for deportation. Today we had Calais inspired riots in one of our migrant facility, they demanded "freedom" and "trip" to Germany while destroying furnishings in the facility. They also tried to escape but nobody succeed.

iJLvZWZnEsgur.jpg

I don't really understand why don't send them back to Africa as soon as they are caught, they are all economic migrants and most likely without work visa.
You can't make that assumption. You need to be able to prove that they are economic migrants before using that as justification to deport them. And that takes time, because genuine refugees rarely have identity papers with them, and economic migrants either lose or destroy them to try and pass themselves off as genuine refugees.

You can't make that assumption. You need to be able to prove that they are economic migrants before using that as justification to deport them. And that takes time, because genuine refugees rarely have identity papers with them, and economic migrants either lose or destroy them to try and pass themselves off as genuine refugees.

I think they know how to lie, it will be impossible to distinguish.

edit:

and it's also funny how you think we need to prove something before deporting them, shouldn't be the other way around? Nobody will prove anything, so it just comes down to how many migrants EU can take before it will be economic problem.

Last edited:
Well, let's hope you never have to seek asylum and get a taste of your own medicine.

Populist myth, define better?

bigger or functional?
I would have thought functional would be better than dysfunctional.
Economics isn't my strong point but I really don't see why there's always a strive for economic growth from politicians.

My question is more about whether a growth in population is a problem for an economy.
As it seems from this
so it just comes down to how many migrants EU can take before it will be economic problem.
that @novcze might be saying that it is. Unless it's something else about migrants to the EU that will cause an "economic problem"?

That itself would likely need analysis, but simply just hoarding more people in on a country can have profound effect an Economy whether it's good or bad.

The Reason Why Governments are soo focused on Growth is mainly due to Democracy, if they can't show short term growth(aka a Political term) it makes their job look worse, even if the growth they seek is detrimental in the long term most of this though is irrelevant to Immigration.

So, their motto is death or England...

Fine, 20 out of every 1000 get in, but they have to fight to the death for it in an arena.

That itself would likely need analysis, but simply just hoarding more people in on a country can have profound effect an Economy whether it's good or bad.

The Reason Why Governments are soo focused on Growth is mainly due to Democracy, if they can't show short term growth(aka a Political term) it makes their job look worse, even if the growth they seek is detrimental in the long term most of this though is irrelevant to Immigration.
Yes, my original question was related to immigration but my lack of a definition of "better" does open up more unrelated discussion that isn't right for this thread.

Unfortunately for us, there's no magical El Dorado to run to, when Europe goes down in civil wars.

What makes you think that? Are the eeeeeviiiiil brown people going to start it? :rolleyes:

DK
What makes you think that? Are the eeeeeviiiiil brown people going to start it? :rolleyes:

That threat is more likely to happen in the West, similar to what happened in Macedonia - Kumanovo. Threat on the East is NATO, poking the Russians with heavy weapons deployment right on the border.

DK
Well, let's hope you never have to seek asylum and get a taste of your own medicine.

If you talking to me. I will never migrate because I like where I live and I will fight for it if necessary.

Does smaller population equal "better" economy? If so, how?

It's not matter of small or large population (large population will have another problems like lower quality of life), migrants will have impact on higher expenses from the state buget which will affect economy. I want to help them, but I would like to see all those Euros invested in Africa where they are more needed

You double-posted, might want to edit one.

It's not matter of small or large population (large population will have another problems like lower quality of life)

Quality of life in the USA seems okay, no?

I want to help them, but I would like to see all those Euros invested in Africa where they are more needed

How does sending Euros stop wars or end religious, sexual or gender persecution?

population density in the USA is lower than in EU, look at overpopulated hell holes like India

That wasn't what you said. And what about places like Bermuda, Singapore or Bahrain whose population densities are astronomical? I don't think you thought that theory through entirely.

Not just sending them, invest them in projects that help people in Africa, maybe educate them little about not making children if your country can't support so many people.

Well, you should probably carry that on in the God thread, now you're talking about the effects of catholicism. I don't think you thought that theory through entirely.

Back