Introduce Yourself! New Member Introductions Thread — Come Say Hello!

• Thread starter Jordan
  • 1,909 comments
Hi, new here and just introducing myself!

• How did you find GTPlanet?
    • A link for the F1 2011 mod for AC I found on Youtube
  • Where are you from?
    • USA
  • When did you start playing racing games?
  • Do you play with a steering wheel? If so, what kind do you use?
    • All Simagic gear
  • What other games do you enjoy?
    • Turn-based strategy, tactical FPS
  • What are you most looking forward to doing in the community?
    • Keeping up on all the awesome content being created out there and sim/racing game news
Look forward to seeing you all around the forums.

Hello People, I am a retired Engineer, with a background in industrial equipment design and mfg. and most everything else.
My main reason for going on any Forum is to relay information about new energy types of technology of my own designs,
Many people over a long time frame have worked on such technology but have little to offer in the line of working type systems ( But I have found several methods of producing working systems )
Some people Call this technology Perpetual motion or Overunity or free energy ( But I do not use these terms )
I call my technology ( Magnagravity ) or EttCM energy technology -- Energy to torque Conversion Motor ( systems ) mostly because it conforms to how the technology works
This technology once develop can produce energy to run Cars, Truck, Trains, Large Ships, and more.
The technology runs on its own built in energy and uses ( No fuel, or batteries or charging ever )
It is a Permanent Magnetic base power system loop where no other power is ever needed to be put into the machine motor device for many, many years of running.

So this is one of my hobbies, I think it is the best hobby ever. giving the world a technology like this.
Fun stuff.
Thanks, I also answer any question on how the technology works.

Hey folks, @Obelisk talks about this site occasionally elsewhere and I was interested enough to go sign up for an account and see what it's all about. I've known him since 2011 or so.

In short: I'd like to learn more about cars and maybe own one someday.

Hello and good day

• How did you find GTPlanet? I Googled sim racing forums because I cant stand Reddit and "social media". And found this one.
  • Where are you from? I am from Edmonton Canada
  • When did you start playing racing games? I used to play Papyrus Indycar racing and NFS Most Wanted 20+ yrs ago. But now I got into it again. I needed a new hobby after selling my motorcycle (Yamaha R6)
  • Do you play with a steering wheel? If so, what kind do you use? I have a Vivo seat with a 55 inch Sony TV and Logictec G29
  • What other games do you enjoy? I have GT7 on PS5 , F1 2017 and Dirt Rally 2 on PC
  • What are you most looking forward to doing in the community? Just discussing everything from products to games ect. Nothing beats internet forums. Forums will never die.

Welcome to a special thread just for new members! :D

This is the best place to make your first post and get comfortable using the site. Here are a few questions we like to ask everyone...
  • Where are you from?
As always, let us know if you need any help finding your way around the site or using your account. Welcome to GTPlanet!

:gtpflag:
Hi!
I found GT Planet searching for tuning help.
I live in Canada and started to race Gt7 just a few months ago. Now all 50 menus are done… I had to cheat and change St. croix and Fuji to easy mode. Those made me sweat.

I would love to have a steering wheel! What kind is a great quality but not crazy expensive? I don’t want the cheapest though.

now I play with the PS5 controller. I am not good using multiple fingers, so I only drive with automatic shifting. This is where I am now stuck, because I have a hard time getting good times. I also need more experience.
I enjoyed F1 23, and Mafia too but now hooked to GT7.

I want to improve my driving skills, and maybe attend a racing event near me to meet people.

Greetings to everyone,
I was member long time ago as "Tewachweno", I remember sending some ps2's memory cards to Australia to get my laps validated. Sometimes just for a 7 milliseconds improvement on a "S Licence" record.
From Sicily, living in Switzerland. (four languages: Italian, English, French and German)
Started with Monaco GP and Outrun in Playrooms, then passed trough GP2/3/4, GPLegends (best ever race sim), Nascar 4 (Papirus), GTR. For console I played everithing from F1 '96 to all GT via Need for speed, Toca and Colin Mc Rae Rally.
Was playing only with wheel, but now that I'm old and lazy, I'm good with the Joypad.
Until 5 year ago i was an "only Sims" (race or fly) gamer, my girlfriend passed to me the virus of FPS, so i became a Call of Duty aficionado.
Since i recently bougth GT7, as a "petrol head", it's a must to be back as part of the community.

Last edited:
Hello everyone, 🖐️

longtime reader, now finally registered. 😉
Mainly interested in Assetto Corsa stuff, hoping to learn some new things about modding in AC.

Thank you for your attention 🏎️🏎️🏎️

• Found GTPlanet via the internet, crazy I know, right?
  • currently in Massachusetts, USA
  • Started playing racing games on an Atari 2600 when I was a kid
  • Drive on a T-GT II, with the Ferrari 488 GT3 wheel, the Evo Racing 32R wheel, T-LCM pedals (with custom bushings, and upgraded springs), TSS+ and TH8A all mounted on a PlaySeat Trophy (with 2 bass shakers controlled through SimHub).
  • Love all sorts of games, from Dave the Diver to Stardew Valley to Elden Ring
  • Looking forward to just learning more about how to improve!

• Found GTPlanet via the internet, crazy I know, right?
  • currently in Massachusetts, USA
  • Started playing racing games on an Atari 2600 when I was a kid
  • Drive on a T-GT II, with the Ferrari 488 GT3 wheel, the Evo Racing 32R wheel, T-LCM pedals (with custom bushings, and upgraded springs), TSS+ and TH8A all mounted on a PlaySeat Trophy (with 2 bass shakers controlled through SimHub).
  • Love all sorts of games, from Dave the Diver to Stardew Valley to Elden Ring
  • Looking forward to just learning more about how to improve!
Welcome, one of my brothers lives in Massachusetts. I hope you enjoy your long-time stay here. Jordan and Famine keeps this site under control, so ask them anything so you don't get confused. I found this to improve all my driving skills too and the threads. Some are addicting and cool.

Last edited:
I found gt planet trying to find a way to send polyphony some complaint's i.e. way over aggressive a.i. that is impossible to drive on the same track with any more, horrible penalties that make no sense, and some others.

I've played racing games for about 20 years now off and on.

I use a controller.

I only play gt7 now.

I really don't know what I want in this community.

Last edited:
Hi I'm Kenny from Germany, and I'm a big old timer car fan, especially JDM and 70s, 80s,and 90s Europeans sport cars.
I'm a virtual pilot since 25 year. I started with Need for speed 1 or 2, and after I was a long time on GT Legend, GTR and GTR evolution. Since 9 years I'm on Assetto corsa.

• I discovered it back in 2012 when i was looking for news about Gran Turismo 6
  • Italy
  • Dualsense, Dualshock 4, Xbox Series Controller, Keyboard (PC)
  • Auto Modellista, CarX, Forza, Initial D, Need For Speed, Tokyo Xtreme Racing and others
  • Read and discuss topics and better understand some topics about car tune-ups

This is the best place to make your first post and get comfortable using the site. Here are a few questions we like to ask everyone...
  • Where are you from?
As always, let us know if you need any help finding your way around the site or using your account. Welcome to GTPlanet!

Hello everyone. I'm Andrés.

I found it looking information about GT7
  • Where are you from?
I'm from Colombia
I started with Gran Turismo and Formula 1 in the original PlayStation, and have played, almost, all the GTs.
I use steering wheel, I use the Logitech G923.
I find very fun the RPG games like Final Fantasy and Baldur's gate.
I'm looking forward to know more about GT7 and know people with similar interest.

Nice to e-meet you all!

• Where are you from?

I’ve visited off an on over the last year but i just installed a diy bass shakers from dayton audio just 21 under peddles an 1 under seat ive been slowly adding effects as not to get overwhelmed does anyone have a good set up sheet for this type of shakers im using gt7

Hello everyone. I'm Andrés.

I found it looking information about GT7
  • Where are you from?
I'm from Colombia
I started with Gran Turismo and Formula 1 in the original PlayStation, and have played, almost, all the GTs.
I use steering wheel, I use the Logitech G923.
I find very fun the RPG games like Final Fantasy and Baldur's gate.
I'm looking forward to know more about GT7 and know people with similar interest.

Nice to e-meet you all!
Hello Andres. How are you? Welcome to this website. I'm Chris. I'm a huge fan of GTsport and gt7. What about you? I've only used two steering wheels in my whole life, one on the ps2 and the other on the ps3.

Back