iRacing Paint Schemes Thread

• Thread starter RACECAR
  • 1,723 comments
Quick picture of my new MX5:
CTSCC.png

New sponsor Mad? Looking good!

Is there any video out there to help with painting. I have been trying to learn how to make a paint scheme but fail every time. It gets even worse when I try to put a sponsor on it. Any help guys?

iMikeTheKing
Is there any video out there to help with painting. I have been trying to learn how to make a paint scheme but fail every time. It gets even worse when I try to put a sponsor on it. Any help guys?

What exactly are you having trouble with?

What exactly are you having trouble with?

Pretty much everything. I don't know how people make do like flames on a car. Even something simple like stripes I can't do. Also how do people put sponsors on cars. I just really suck at painting (I'm just as awful on Forza's livery editor).

Paints by Tim Brokaw for team 49 MotorSports, whom I'll be driving for in the CESCS Season 2. We all have this paint scheme in different colors.

The name 49 Motorsports is a tribute to Doug Mathews, who drove the "pinkish" #49 roadster in the Mx5 World Touring Series before being diagnosed with multiple terminal cancers in early 2012.

www.49motorsports.webs.com

EA0Vf.jpg

GDoqz.jpg

picture.php

This is what I'll be using from now on with the Riley.

Probably will touch afew things up and add a teeny bit more, but will stay mostly like this.

I remember a while back someone here painted an HPD with a bunch of different colors to know which bit was what and make it easier to paint. I don't remember who it was but if you read this could you share that scheme? Thanks.

I guess he meant, what does everyone uses to make paints? If that's the case I use Gimp, not the best when you want to do more complex shapes and graphics but it works pretty well for the basic stuff I do!

If thats the case, I use Adope Photoshop, but that's a super expensive program and Gimp is more than useful for paint jobs in iRacing.
But the paint job I got delivered from Mr Jav was pretty big, iRacing staff do recommend you to compress the picture ;) I have no idea how to do that in Gimp, but a pretty complex paint I did resulted in 400kb (with a few extra textures) The one I got from Mr Jav was 2+MB I actually dont download larger files than 2MB now in Traiding paints. Not going to fill my hard drive with other guys lack of compressing ;) (I do not subscribe to all the cars (only road) and its still is 13GB of .tga files.)

And its all explained pretty well here:

http://members.iracing.com/jforum/posts/list/2219.page (iRacing members only)

Back