IRS | Blancpain GT Challenge - Season 1 Complete | Season 2 Jan. 2020 | Currently: Exhibition Races!

For the future, only real world tracks or open it up to fictional tracks?

• Total voters
Tonight's race will be 65 laps, including formation lap. We don't have a pace car this week so pole position of each class is responsible for keeping the field together. The Am Division leader should make a 5 second gap to the Pro Division field so we don't get on top of each other in the opening laps. I'd hate for an Am driver to crash out a Pro driver or vice versa. Good luck everyone!

@LuisT _99 #99 New Union Race Club NSX everybody.

Gran Turismo®SPORT_20190830051558.jpg
Gran Turismo®SPORT_20190830051614.jpg
Gran Turismo®SPORT_20190830051633.jpg

I can drop in after qualifying if there happens to be space in the lobby. Please ping me on Discord if there’s room.

Always room for another driver, there's usually someone unable to attend and we get the reserve drivers on stand by. Please provide a proper registration form and a livery for inspection and we'll hopefully see you on track next week!

Always room for another driver, there's usually someone unable to attend and we get the reserve drivers on stand by. Please provide a proper registration form and a livery for inspection and we'll hopefully see you on track next week!
Is it for a fulltime or for a part time driver position?
Screenshot_2019-08-14-17-25-11-1.png

It will be a reserve driver position, however we would prefer you only sign up if you can make the majority of the race. That being said, there are only two races left anyway, so yea! Have at it!

I'm interested in being an am driver. What the requirements?

Team Name:
PSN ID: bnop9001
Car Choice: RSR
Car Number: 12
Primary Sponsor: Red Bull

I'm interested in being an am driver. What the requirements?

Team Name:
PSN ID: bnop9001
Car Choice: RSR
Car Number: 12
Primary Sponsor: Red Bull
Thanks for signing up! All we require is that you show up and race when you can, and cleanly at that. Livery requirements are in the first post. If you have any questions don't hesitate to ask. We have only two rounds left but IRS always has something going on Friday and Saturday nights at 9pm EST. When this ends stick around and check out the next thing. This will have a Season 2 come around after we rotate through some other series. I believe the next available opportunity will be early 2020. We have stuff planned to take us through the new year :cheers:

We won't know until you show up and qualify. For reference, at Brands Hatch GP with no tire or fuel wear the fastest times set were in the low 1:22s and the Am division was more consistently in the 1:24s. Do some trials if you want to gauge your performance against those times. What class do you think you will fall into?

We won't know until you show up and qualify. For reference, at Brands Hatch GP with no tire or fuel wear the fastest times set were in the low 1:22s and the Am division was more consistently in the 1:24s. Do some trials if you want to gauge your performance against those times. What class do you think you will fall into?
I honestly don't know tbh what tyre was used?

@LuisT _99 Were you doing any fuel saving that race?

@WanganGhost, check the point standings. I'm beating you by a single point! Ace already has the championship won (who knew? :lol) but we will continue to fight it out for the Top 3.
Should be interesting these last two im not good at the red bull ring but im ok and the nürburgring. I think you have me.

No I took to much fuel on my last stop. Forgot I was 2 laps down.

Interesting. Usually it's a one-stop race for tires but it depends how you use them. Somehow it worked out that aceboy had a big enough gap to you to think about taking another pit stop and he got out just ahead of you. Great for him against you, not so good for me against him. He basically got a free pit stop for fresh tires to attack me the rest of the race. 12 or so laps of me trying to stay consistent on worn tires with him racing towards me. I cracked under pressure, let you both through. Really exciting stuff.

We told Luis to use a 2-stop strategy since you and ace were doing I believe a one-stop. 2 stop was the optimal strategy because one of the stops was only 10 seconds long (4 stationary) and can easily make that time back up. That late race traffic at the end saved me because I was having to push hard to stay in front of a charging Xephos.

Interesting. Might have to do some practice for the last races to see if a two-stop is just as fast. I did just fine on a one-stop other than a slight off. If there was runoff there or a barrier I'd have been fine but it was all grass.

Also, pretty sure @aceboy127 is gonna be in Pro Division next season. He's already got the championship mathematically won. :cheers:

Interlagos had enough tire wear to make the two stop be a possible strat, albeit risky. You still needed to make up the gap to the one stop because of the really long pit time, but you do get fresh tires. One stop was the safe strat because you can keep position up front, but it would struggle against a strong two stopper at the end of the race, which is how it turned out last week.

Brands Hatch's pit time was so short that the two stop would easily put you on much better tires without losing a lot of time against the one stop, and it ensures you can just attack the whole race with all that grip, making it the better strat. If tire wear was less then the one stop would've also had potential.

I can't wait until mandatory pit stops are added to the game. I don't want tires to be an issue, but I want a pit stop. If put tires on x1 people will just fuel save the entire race and not pit.

Back