Islam - What's your view on it?

• Thread starter SalmanBH
  • 5,688 comments
Why do people think that the West doesn't report about those attacks? It's plastered all over the news here. Even if it happens in some tiny village in what ever country, our news shows it.
Because media didnt sensationalize it enough :P

Also judging by responses here I think its sums up enough.

Because media didnt sensationalize it enough

So, the media in your country doesn't sensationalize the fact that the West does report about attacks in the non standard countries.

I'm confused.

So, the media in your country doesn't sensationalize the fact that the West does report about attacks in the non standard countries.

I'm confused.
The first line was a joke. Dont take that very seriously.

We got report as much as you do. Its just nobody know more about that since their mindset was that the "less known" countries got already enough terror attacks.

Also I'm kinda wanted to talk about this topic in ISIS thread than this thread.

What's my view on Islam?
Like any religion it is a crutch a belief which many find a comfort and live in peace with it by their sides.
To me I just cannot see any point in any religion to justify trying to preach it or use it as an excuse for violence, You have a religion good for you keep it for yourselves as if I wanted to know about it I would ask.
To believe you have a god whom will look after you in the after life as it's called may be just a subconscious fear of dying not wanting to accept when your gone your gone worm food dust just gone.
Crazy thing about that statement is if it is a fear of dying suicide bombers sort of throw a cat amongst the pigeons on my theory.
How many more years will the earth go on before religion is a forgotten belief, witchcraft was believed to be real dunking women and all that carry on now we look back and shake our heads in disbelief that it happened.
It won't be in my lifetime or even my kids I doubt but as soon as it is laid to rest the better for the whole world in my opinion.
It is a tricky one which has upsides and downsides and good arguments for both is believing in a religion and not any belief in it.
I don't care who believes in what as I just want the excuses of using religion for violence to stop.
No one on this planet has the right to take another's life I believe.
Peace to all is a dream I wish to believe in. Call that what ever religion you wish.

This is primarily why this whole world is jammed with disgraceful fights / conflicts brought about by those idiots who do think they can coax the others to have the same belief as you and it's downright legalized to ill-treat them once they repelled to do so, as they wish. (the biggest example of it, is seen in what we've just observed in the very latest days in some parts of the world, obviously. :P)

Religion is kind of that notion and "mindset" of that particular group of people they count righteous individually, and there's no exact "answer" that is utterly right in all the aspects / perspective, like we've all got a different opinion from one another even when we were to argue freely over one given topic. That particular religion (and its religious belief) can be the crutch mentally for those people as long as it stays as what embodies their way of life and their principle in society formed in accordance with their beliefs, but it doesn't mean they can lean too much on it that they start preaching the others outside their circles with the religious beliefs and use that religion as the "excuse" for resorting to violence, as you said.

I'd guess it's in fact a far more complex issue than we generally tend to consider and handle it as a tiny matter which stems from our ideas just "differing" from one another, when it comes to actually "trying to live peacefully with those with different religious beliefs" as the religion by nature doesn't accept those believing in a different God, coming at odds with yours.

(The religious notion in Japan is quite different from in most of the Western countries and Middle East in view that we've got a plenty of different "Gods", which means that you've got far more choice of "which" god to believe in mainly, and people also have the choice of professing another god in distinct occasions of the year, as shown in people respecting the religious ideas and celebrating rituals from other religion(say, the Chinese Confucianism, Buddhism, and some of the religious events from Christianity, for instance). Though people here ain't conscious of that and often say they are just "cultural" events imported from other countries. Yet either way what's clear is that it's far less likely that one of those Gods overpower the others and start to subjugate the others in whatever way, unlike in Christianity ans Islam)

Sorry DXM8975 but I never ever watch the news or read newspapers as it is always depressing so I don't know what happened in the rest of the world lately. Only news I see is Sky Sports news.
I am guilty of burying my head in the sand and ignoring what goes on I just look after me and my family and couldn't care about anything else, selfish I know but I see it as I can't do anything about it so why worry about it.
My honest opinion on religion is grow up and stop acting like kids, We grew out of believing in the tooth fairy and santa claus so why do people still believe a man in the sky is watching over them? grow up it is a fairy tale which has been blown out of all proportions.

grow up it is a fairy tale which has been blown out of all proportions.
I agree 100% with you on this, but...

I am guilty of burying my head in the sand and ignoring what goes on I just look after me and my family and couldn't care about anything else, selfish I know but I see it as I can't do anything about it so why worry about it.
What happened if there was, say a flood in your area, how would you know to expect it, if you don't watch the news? Seems more like you're putting yourself and your family in danger.

Even though there is nothing I can do about the terror attacks, I still want to know how close it is to me, so in the odd chance something happens here, at least I'm prepared.

I agree 100% with you on this, but...

What happened if there was, say a flood in your area, how would you know to expect it, if you don't watch the news? Seems more like you're putting yourself and your family in danger.

Even though there is nothing I can do about the terror attacks, I still want to know how close it is to me, so in the odd chance something happens here, at least I'm prepared.

If there was a flood I would get wet simple as. Were pretty hands on folk so I am sure we could hack it like the last time we got flooded without warning we managed to cope. Hand on heart I don't ever watch the news or bother reading the local rag or nationals. I agree with there is nothing I can do about terror attacks but to be honest where I live the attacker would have to have something wrong with his sat-nav to end up here to make an attack all they would blow up is grass. mind you if they did it in the town centre it might improve the look of it a bit.
I wish attacks didn't happen but I don't worry about them I don't even think about them and I have being to Manchester in the 70s and 80s. (yes my tetanus was up to date lol)

The spate of murderous bombings in Baghdad recently during Ramadan and Eid preparations are proof: ISIS are thugs with no faith or morality.
Naturally, the only response to this is to assume everyone is guilty. Fortunately, common sense prevailed ... this time.

Meanwhile, Pauline Hanson - the original xenophobic bogan who got herself elected to the senate - is calling for a "Royal Commission into Islam" because she's convinced that the ultimate goal of Islam is to overrun Australia and impose sharia law. It's doubly disappointing that we have to put up with her bigotry because that's the same justification that was used to wade into the Vietnam War - that the ultimate goal of communism was to overrun Australia.

Naturally, the only response to this is to assume everyone is guilty. Fortunately, common sense prevailed ... this time.
How is that a response to @Furinkazen 's post you quoted?

Meanwhile, Pauline Hanson - the original xenophobic bogan who got herself elected to the senate - is calling for a "Royal Commission into Islam" because she's convinced that the ultimate goal of Islam is to overrun Australia and impose sharia law. It's doubly disappointing that we have to put up with her bigotry because that's the same justification that was used to wade into the Vietnam War - that the ultimate goal of communism was to overrun Australia.
After WW2 the commies took over East Germany, Poland, Romania, Bulgaria, Hungary, Czechoslovakia, Albania, China, Cuba, North Korea, North Vietnam and probably others I can't remember. They tried to take Turkey, Greece, South Korea and South Vietnam among others. Do you think if they had succeeded in all of their expansion efforts they would have simply avoided Australia because it was a long boat ride?

The spate of murderous bombings in Baghdad recently during Ramadan and Eid preparations are proof: ISIS are thugs with no faith or morality.
They are attacking shias, which would make sense given they are Wahhabis.

Where is the bigotry, did she mention Muslims or the doctrine of the faith?

Criticising an Idea isn't exactly bigotry, or do you think criticism of ideas should be restricted?

Or Restricted on what racial group follows said idea.

Last edited:
After WW2 the commies took over East Germany, Poland, Romania, Bulgaria, Hungary, Czechoslovakia, Albania, China, Cuba, North Korea, North Vietnam and probably others I can't remember. They tried to take Turkey, Greece, South Korea and South Vietnam among others. Do you think if they had succeeded in all of their expansion efforts they would have simply avoided Australia because it was a long boat ride?

You make it sound as if that was a single, organised movement of one body. The movements of Stalin's army post-WWII had nothing to do with the rise of any of the other countries' Communist parties and. ultimately, many of those countries were far from being friendly or in league with one another.

To answer your question; no, the Communists wouldn't have attempted to take over Australia. They weren't a capable, unified body in the way you suggest. The war where control of Australia is a requirement for Pacific control hasn't happened yet.

Where is the bigotry, did she mention Muslims or the doctrine of the faith?
Her entire platform is based on fear of Islam. She has made multiple statements about the supposed plot within Islam to overrun the country and impose sharia law.

I find this quite a double standard. but we have taken in a few refugees over the years here in NZ. I have no issue with this at all. but i find (and i could be wrong) that they want to bring alot of there cultures and religions into the country (again, this is no issue) they escape too. We as westerners have no real issue with this. Some may grumble under their breath but in general we are very accepting.

However if the shoe was on the other foot and we had to leave our home countries and flee to the middle east we would hung, drawn & quartered for even approaching the subject of being able to live like a westerner in there country.

You make it sound as if that was a single, organised movement of one body. The movements of Stalin's army post-WWII had nothing to do with the rise of any of the other countries' Communist parties and. ultimately, many of those countries were far from being friendly or in league with one another.
Not even the ideology?

You seem to have not forgotten about this thread although the same could not be said about myself...

Answer this maybe?
Did you even click on it?

Not even the ideology?

Idealogically the Chinese experience was far more a driver than the Russian experience. Again, however, a shared ideology does not represent a single, cohesive effort on the part of its followers. History in fact shows us that something far more disparate occurred.

Answer this maybe?

Yes, I read it. Some surveys show very different levels - around the level that Americans-in-general were at 15 years ago. Farting out "99%" is just nonsense.

They do. But thats like saying Dylan Roof is a devout Christian.

My friend, Christianity is for people who follow Christ. Try to let that sink in your head. Christianity doesn't follow the sacrificial Mosaic law. Christ fulfilled that law by becoming the ultimate sacrifice.
Did Christ kill or request anyone be killed in the New testament? NO. He said love your enemy and put down the sword.
Killers and evil doers might call themselves Christians, but they certainly do not follow Christ.

Does isis follow muhammed? Yes, because what they do, you will find in the hadiths, including killing muslims, whom they call hypocrites. See video as proof from Islamic sources, hadiths:

DCP
My friend, Christianity is for people who follow Christ. Try to let that sink in your head. Christianity doesn't follow the sacrificial Mosaic law. Christ fulfilled that law by becoming the ultimate sacrifice.
Did Christ kill or request anyone be killed in the New testament? NO. He said love your enemy and put down the sword.
Killers and evil doers might call themselves Christians, but they certainly do not follow Christ.
Are you familiar with the concept of apocrypha?

Does isis follow muhammed? Yes, because what they do, you will find in the hadiths, including killing muslims, whom they call hypocrites.
You're holding followers of different faiths to different standards based on that faith. It's called hypocrisy.

If Christianity only follows the New Testament, why then does the King James Bible contain both the Old and New Testaments? After all, the Beatitudes effectively supersede the Ten Commandments. Surely one can read the New Testament on its own and come to the same understanding than if they had read both the Old and New. If large parts of the Old Testament no longer apply, then why do you hold followers of Islam to every last word of the Qu'ran?

Are you familiar with the concept of apocrypha?

You're holding followers of different faiths to different standards based on that faith. It's called hypocrisy.

If Christianity only follows the New Testament, why then does the King James Bible contain both the Old and New Testaments? After all, the Beatitudes effectively supersede the Ten Commandments. Surely one can read the New Testament on its own and come to the same understanding than if they had read both the Old and New. If large parts of the Old Testament no longer apply, then why do you hold followers of Islam to every last word of the Qu'ran?

Try to grasp this, as I don't know how many times I keep saying it.
Christ came to fulfill the law and the prophecies. Without the OT, how can followers know and understand what He came to fulfill? The OT reveals the NT, and the NT conceals the OT.

With the quran, all muslims will tell you it is the FINAL revelation of allah, proving there is no old and new, hence they have the final authority of what needs to be followed. Muslims that don't follow ISIS have a moral values, respecting ones life, even if muhammed didn't respect lives. Anyone who wants to be moral, will respect life.
Those that follow Islam to the letter, won't respect life, because as the prophet said on that video clip I posted, they will be rewarded for taking a life of jews, Christians, non believers and even believing hypocrites.

Check the Middle East. The proof is in the pudding, whether you "Choose" to accept it or not.

Oh, and are the beatitudes "really" followers of Christ?

DCP
Those that follow Islam to the letter, won't respect life, because as the prophet said on that video clip I posted, they will be rewarded for taking a life of jews, Christians, non believers and even believing hypocrites.
Hence why I asked you about the apocrypha.

DCP
Anyone who wants to be moral, will respect life.
I can think of about eighteen hundred years' worth of history where people claimed to be moral, but had no respect for life.

You know the funny thing about Hadith is that many of them are either partially true or just outright fabricated. And many of them don't actually have strong supporting evidence if the actual Hadith was actually the words and actions of the prophet Muhammad himself. So when someone says a Hadith then you ask them for proof of it. And I can't tell you how many times my fellow Muslims failed to give me verification on this. Blind faith at play here.

Back