Israel - Palestine discussion thread

ISIS/ISIL claim to have killed 2,000 Iraqis in the Northern Iraq Offensive alone. That's just since June this year - they've been active since 2006...
Well I stand corrected, wasn't aware of the general death toll.

That said, and as I stated before, I do not sympathize with them.

ISIS serves the interests of the US and UK by acting as our only effective catspaw against Assad in Syria. Our money, weapons and training have all filtered into ISIS via the camps we set up in Jordan and Turkey. That they are attacking and killing Shiites in places other than Syria is both a good and a bad thing. Good because they are sowing chaos and death amongst Arabs and Muslims, all of whom are our enemies sooner or later, but bad because they are uncontrollable. You never know when they will go "off the reservation" and attack Turkey, Jordan or Israel, or even some Western embassy or asset somewhere in the world. A true loose cannon, or Frankenstein's monster, if ever there was one.

Uh oh. I've read a message from my school friend in Israel, she says: "Today, I heard a siren, then the Iron Dome shot 3 missiles above me. Don't believe the First Channel [a Russian TV news channel] with their peaceful Hamas."

Uh oh. I've read a message from my school friend in Israel, she says: "Today, I heard a siren, then the Iron Dome shot 3 missiles above me. Don't believe the First Channel [a Russian TV news channel] with their peaceful Hamas."

I don't think anyone does believe that, do they?

I don't think anyone does believe that, do they?
Here in RF, many people believe in the evil zionists killing innocent Palestinian children. The Russian media reports of victims on the both sides, and seem to be a lot more neutral than when they cover news from Ukraine. But they're still biased a bit anti-Israel.

Here in RF, many people believe in the evil zionists killing innocent Palestinian children.

Well, that bit's true without a doubt. But so is the reverse. That's the difficulty that modern-traditional* news channels have, they need to be able to pick a side.

In this case Israel are being condemned for the scale and ferocity of their action which far outweighs anything Hamas could bring to bear. Neither side are right, but one is acting very very badly right now.

*If that makes sense...

In this case Israel are being condemned for the scale and ferocity of their action which far outweighs anything Hamas could bring to bear. Neither side are right, but one is acting very very badly right now.
I think Isreal tries to minimize civilian casualties, but with the Hamas insurgents using civvies as a human shield, it's very hard to do without risk to IDF's own personnel.

I think Isreal tries to minimize civilian casualties, but with the Hamas insurgents using civvies as a human shield, it's very hard to do without risk to IDF's own personnel.

Gosh @Rage Racer, Russian news really is one track. That's the pro-Israeli line, the old "Hamas human-shield" story.

The experts on the ground disagree vehemently. Yesterday the Israelis bombed a UN school which, while closed for lessons, was sheltering its pupils and their families (as many schools are). No fighters or weapons there, just UN teachers, kids and parents. Israel simply aren't telling the truth on occasion. In this case they say they were shot at "from the area".

The Israeli approach is like taking a blowtorch to an ant's nest to kill 100 out of 100,000 ants. Sure, it's targetted...

Last edited:
Did I say I don't like Germany? And now you come with the typical (German) answer, go back to your own country.
For what is worth I'm already on my country, Mafialand.
And only because I am Muslim, that does not mean that I live that way. I don't give a damn about religions. Any religion, including mine!
You are the first muslim to say that.

Last edited:
You are the first muslim to say that.

I doubt it. I think most people, especially muslims, are scared to say this out loud. I also do not say this to my grandma, grandpa and so on because that would brake their hearts. But it is what it is, religions are almost the reason why people kill each other. And to be honest, looking even 100 years back, the christians were no better. They killed millions and millions of humans in christian history.

I believe in something, in an bigger force (I hope thats the right english word), in something we call god, the universe, whatever...

Last edited:
Gosh @Rage Racer, Russian news really is one track. That's the pro-Israeli line, the old "Hamas human-shield" story.
But of course. There are many expatriate Russian Jews in Israel. Russia and Israel have a surprisingly close relationship.

Beside that, even a broken clock is right twice a day.;)

People often forget this, Israeli "protest control" is pretty draconian... even towards its own people.
Can someone explain this?

Also you know Israel did a bad job when even America's method of killing terrorism sounds less horrible.....

Can someone explain this?

Also you know Israel did a bad job when even America's method of killing terrorism sounds less horrible.....

I'll explain it; Israeli security forces aren't above turning on their own people when they protest, there have been incidents were apparently peaceful protests have been violently broken up by police/army.

Not all Israelis take the government line.

I'll explain it; Israeli security forces aren't above turning on their own people when they protest, there have been incidents were apparently peaceful protests have been violently broken up by police/army.

Not all Israelis take the government line.

Sounds a lot like the US to me.

Last edited:

I wonder if we're losing something in translation? :) The Israeli's seem to be ready to open fire whoever is in front of their guns, some of the Israeli people are aware of that. Others aren't... same as in any country there are pro- and anti- government opinions amongst the population.

Israel has slightly skewed numbers because a significant part the older population live there "electively", they chose to move there.

That's one of the lines. There are both lines on our media. I even have read an article in a KP newspaper, where two journalists (of the same news agency) explained their views - one wrote a column "Why I support Israel" and the other "Why I support Palestine" on the same page.
But, even the anti-Israel line avoids comparing Israel to Ukraine.
Also, a pro-Kremlin TV news channel - Rossiya 24, which has mostly been anti-Israel - invited the Israeli ambassador in RF for interview and she explained the Israel's point of view.

But of course. There are many expatriate Russian Jews in Israel. Russia and Israel have a surprisingly close relationship.
Not in the Soviet era, when USSR was backing Arabs in the Arab-Israeli wars. ;)

The Israeli's seem to be ready to open fire whoever is in front of their guns,
"A real warrior fights not because he hates what's in front of him, but because he loves what's behind him." (c)
I think, they just want to protect their own land and people but don't care much what happens to the others.

"A real warrior fights not because he hates what's in front of him, but because he loves what's behind him." (c)
I think, they just want to protect their own land and people but don't care much what happens to the others.

Yeah, what's behind him: the US government. :sly:

I wonder if we're losing something in translation? :) The Israeli's seem to be ready to open fire whoever is in front of their guns, some of the Israeli people are aware of that. Others aren't... same as in any country there are pro- and anti- government opinions amongst the population.

Israel has slightly skewed numbers because a significant part the older population live there "electively", they chose to move there.
Yeah. But what about the "goverment line" youre talking about? Is it some civilians wont take agressive line with the government or some soldiers take an aggressive approach over Israels much peaceful plans?

Latest Posts

Back