Israel - Palestine discussion thread

I'd rather see something posted on here that isn't a video, because many people don't have time for videos.

DCP
It's not a worry if you know whats coming, but rather to be prepared.
If you have no fear, then there is no worry...;)

So you're not going to bother with a short summary of that video that several people have asked you for, then?

And will still be wanting us to take you seriously? Really?

@DCP Watched it for 38 seconds (and a bit), until the text "you are a liar". Maybe Obama was lying, but no prove is given. Someone is playing with your mind love.

It gets better*.

I lost it at the Bachmann point. It was tough enough listening to Trump blowing hot air over "Persia". The video's badly informed and seems to forget what a nuke actually does. If it was so easy to just pop an atomic bomb in somewhere then it would have happened thousands of times instead of conventional war. Iran may have crazy days but rarely do they seem to have days of the required stupidity to nuke somewhere. Honestly, that video's a turd.

bachmann.PNG

*Worse.

So you're not going to bother with a short summary of that video that several people have asked you for, then?

And will still be wanting us to take you seriously? Really?

In a nut shell, why would your president, sell and fund weapons of mass destruction, to a country who passionately hates America and Israel, and has openly admitted that these two nations must not exist?

DCP
In a nut shell, why would your president, sell and fund weapons of mass destruction, to a country who passionately hates America and Israel, and has openly admitted that these two nations must not exist?
Where is there anything in the deal that shows America is actively selling nuclear weapons to Iran?

Seems like you're saying that Judaism - a different religion than yours and one that does not believe in Jesus as the son of God - is the right religion...

God says different things in the Talmud than he says in the Bible, so which version of what he says about the Jews is the version you should believe?

Every Christian must know that salvation is of the Jews. Without the Jews, there is no Torah and Gospels, no Christianity, and most importantly, no Messiah. The Messiah is very Jewish, and He is returning to Jerusalem to rule over everything.

If you were the enemy, wouldn't you ensure Israel is destroyed, to prevent this return?

DCP
Every Christian must know that salvation is of the Jews. Without the Jews, there is no Torah and Gospels, no Christianity, and most importantly, no Messiah. The Messiah is very Jewish, and He is returning to Jerusalem to rule over everything.

If you were the enemy, wouldn't you ensure Israel is destroyed, to prevent this return?
Then why are you Christian?

:cheers: L'chaim!

I'd say because his God's going to throw five billion people into the lake of fire because those people don't accept his only worm-rotten (or was it begotten) son as their supreme overlord.

Ours isn't into that sort of eschatological thing. Even if he/she/it were, the World will have to end sometime between Saturday evening and Friday afternoon. Then again, our salvation does have 603 more terms and conditions.

:cheers: L'chaim!

I'd say because his God's going to throw five billion people into the lake of fire because those people don't accept his only worm-rotten (or was it begotten) son as their supreme overlord.

Ours isn't into that sort of eschatological thing. Even if he/she/it were, the World will have to end sometime between Saturday evening and Friday afternoon. Then again, our salvation does have 603 more terms and conditions.
As long as you read the AUP. Not sure if we still swing the banhammer (excommunication isn't as effective as a century ago).

Because the Church (body of Christ) was born, so that salvation would be offered to the entire world, and not just the Jews. There is no need for blood sacrifices for forgiveness of sins. Christ paid the highest price for every being, including those who died before Him.

As for hell, sinful people end up going there because of their wickedness, and not because of rejecting the Son.
Each man would be honest enough with himself, knowing that they commit sin daily, and its that conviction, that they reject, will ensure they will have no excuses, or try to argue against ending up there, just like the rich man in Luke 16.

DCP
Because the Church (body of Christ) was born, so that salvation would be offered to the entire world

That's an exclusive definition, it was only for sale to the people who believed in that particular flavour of godswallop.

Yes for sure, because those that don't believe, know their lives are better without God. Perfectly understandable choice indeed.

DCP
Because the Church (body of Christ) was born, so that salvation would be offered to the entire world, and not just the Jews. There is no need for blood sacrifices for forgiveness of sins. Christ paid the highest price for every being, including those who died before Him.

As for hell, sinful people end up going there because of their wickedness, and not because of rejecting the Son.
Each man would be honest enough with himself, knowing that they commit sin daily, and its that conviction, that they reject, will ensure they will have no excuses, or try to argue against ending up there, just like the rich man in Luke 16.
Not quite. Your first post is a bit more accurate.

Take for example a chess game. Before the first move is even made, you take a ring off your finger, put it on a random piece and declare that this piece will checkmate your king. As the opposing player, it would be my duty to try to remove the "ring" piece from the board before you had a chance to use it to checkmate my king. I fail, and you achieve your goal.

Let's take that scenario and change it around a bit. For the players, we shall have God play as white, and Satan as black. The "ring" piece shall represent man. The Jews were supposed to lead man to salvation through the Law of Moses that was supposed to point them to Christ, but they failed. (According to Josephus, a Jewish historian, there were 70 declared candidates to be the Messiah of Jewish law during the 400 years of silence. All but one "passed" the test - Jesus. Where are the rest of the 69? He pointed out one candidate, and he was present at Jesus' trial before Pilate, Barrabus. His crime? Taking up arms against Rome, a punishment worthy of crucifixion.)

Now the $64k question, where was the olive branch extended to the Gentiles? Believe it or not, the Jews had a second chance for redemption when a man called Stephen was put on trial. You can find his defense in Acts 7: 1-56. Saul (Paul) signed the death warrant, ("was consenting upon his death" - Acts 8:1), and attacked the Church further, until he tried to go to Damascus.

Interesting you say this, because in this day and age, we are in a similar situation of releasing Christ or Barrabus.
As the world can see, Barrabus is being released "again", and Christians are being crucified.

What religion is Obama really?

Wait. I'm supposed to count on Josephus and the New Testament for any of this? You might as well refer me to L. Ron Hubbard.

Wait. I'm supposed to count on Josephus and the New Testament for any of this? You might as well refer me to L. Ron Hubbard.
Take what you want from it. But as Christians, we are supposed to "Study to shew ourselves approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth." (2 Timothy 2:15)

Let's take that scenario and change it around a bit. For the players, we shall have God play as white, and Satan as black. The "ring" piece shall represent man. The Jews were supposed to lead man to salvation through the Law of Moses that was supposed to point them to Christ, but they failed. (According to Josephus, a Jewish historian, there were 70 declared candidates to be the Messiah of Jewish law during the 400 years of silence. All but one "passed" the test - Jesus. Where are the rest of the 69? He pointed out one candidate, and he was present at Jesus' trial before Pilate, Barrabus. His crime? Taking up arms against Rome, a punishment worthy of crucifixion.)

Now the $64k question, where was the olive branch extended to the Gentiles? Believe it or not, the Jews had a second chance for redemption when a man called Stephen was put on trial. You can find his defense in Acts 7: 1-56. Saul (Paul) signed the death warrant, ("was consenting upon his death" - Acts 8:1), and attacked the Church further, until he tried to go to Damascus.

If books written by the apostle Paul are to be assumed as truth regarding the nature and role of the Jewish people, then you might as well cite "St." John Chrysostom and Martin Luther, who, like Paul, are unerring and unbiased sources on the matter.

Flavius Josephus has every iota of historical credibility behind him that Doris Kearns Goodwin and David Irving do. That is to say, none whatsoever.

If books written by the apostle Paul are to be assumed as truth regarding the nature and role of the Jewish people, then you might as well cite "St." John Chrysostom and Martin Luther, who, like Paul, are unerring and unbiased sources on the matter.

Flavius Josephus has every iota of historical credibility behind him that Doris Kearns Goodwin and David Irving do. That is to say, none whatsoever.
Really? Do YOU know how the Torah was passed on from generation to generation from when it was given by Moses? That's right, it was transcribed word for word. Get it wrong by one "jot or tittle" would mean death to the writer since the Torah is Jewish law. Now I don't claim that Josephus himself was a transcriber, but let me tell you what he had over professor Epluffemus Fluffyhead that you so graciously mentioned, and that is something that is deeply missing in this country today, historical documents of the period. Even though Israel/Judah had been conquered three times prior to his lifetime, a lot of the historical documents that King David, Solomon, and so on had still existed in Josephus' time.

The latest wave of violence has claimed 30 Palestinian lives and 7 Israeli lives so far.

Checkpoints are back in place, people are getting scared again.

The latest trend of lone-wolf stabbing attacks by Palestinians in Israel is a worrying trend.

The latest trend of lone-wolf stabbing attacks by Palestinians in Israel is a worrying trend.

That combined with the I'll crash my car into that group of people is indeed worrying. But it's still a lot less deadly than an exploding Palestinian in a bus.

Back