Israel - Palestine discussion thread

It's just a language group that left Africa about ten thousand years ago and then went back with the spread of Islam in the seventh century. Those horrible self-hating semites. However might we render them worthy and acceptable to society?

But. Whoops indeed.

Referring to the firing of a rocket from Gaza into Israel on Tuesday night, Rivlin said that "Hamas is very concerned by [the rocket fire,] which was carried out by an organization that is challenging it."

"Hamas today wants to bring order to Gaza, though not because it is in our interest."
http://www.haaretz.com/news/diplomacy-defense/1.658365

A handful of senior Israeli figures have endorsed talks with Hamas before, including ex-Mossad director Efraim Halevy and ex-military intelligence chief Shlomo Gazit. But Rivlin is the first ranking official to support talks while in office.
http://forward.com/opinion/israel/309475/israel-and-hamas-inch-closer-to-each-other/

The bad guys are not that bad anymore, I guess!

Reports are coming out that IS, or an affiliated bunch of morons (The Omar Hadad brigades) , are now popping up in the Gaza Strip. Rockets have been fired, and Israeli analysis seems to confirm that it is not Hamas. However, Hamas has also been firing rockets on a different occasion.

As retaliation Israel has bombarded a supposed Hamas training camp.

But now comes the funny/weird part.

Hamas has been going around arresting people who have been firing rockets.

It's like Hamas wants the monopoly on firing rockets on Israel.

Reports are coming out that IS, or an affiliated bunch of morons (The Omar Hadad brigades) , are now popping up in the Gaza Strip. Rockets have been fired, and Israeli analysis seems to confirm that it is not Hamas. However, Hamas has also been firing rockets on a different occasion.

Saturday Night Live has to do a sketch on this. It would be a comedy classic!!

They don't want that people think they're affiliated with the daesh, but do the same things in the name of the same god.
Bullcrapu Akbar.

*Checks Time*

Hamas Terrorist 1: Is it time for us to be launching missiles at the zionists?

Hamas Terrorist 2: No, why?

Terrorist 1: There are missiles being fired at the zionists as we speak...

Terrorist 2: Those idiots. They were supposed to fire AFTER the ceasefire is signed. Death to the idiots!!!

[Sorry, but you know that someone was thinking it somewhere in the world...]

DCP
Hasn't been the case for Israel since 1967 though.
I would put the year closer to 1948, if you are speaking in terms of land. When Israel was created, their Arab neighbors declared war. The resulting peace treaty doubled their land (in other words, set the pre-1967 borders that Obama wants Israel to concede).

I would put the year closer to 1948, if you are speaking in terms of land. When Israel was created, their Arab neighbors declared war. The resulting peace treaty doubled their land (in other words, set the pre-1967 borders that Obama wants Israel to concede).

Yip, that's when a nation was reborn in a day, after being completely shattered for nearly 2000 years.
The land is all an excuse. Why would people fight for a baron desert land?
It can only be over who's god is the right god.
Messiah's Father, or Muhammeds Allah.

Neither books mention anything about land for Palestine. I don't even think Palestine is mentioned in the quran.

Neither book mentions land for Saudi Arabia, Jordan, Syria, Lebanon, Turkey etc either.

Yip, so why are they desperate for that land?
No reason.
They are desperate to destroy the nation though. Weird hey?

I guess they're "desperate for that land" for the same reason Irish people were desperate for their land up until independence.

As a disclaimer, before anyone jumps down my throat, I think Hamas are despicable.

The winner was already triumphant 2000 years ago at the Cross.
His basically taken 2 days to give fans a chance to celebrate with Him, in a few seconds time.
It just seems a little longer for the fans....;)

That makes this comment particularly interesting then:
DCP
I've never seen two tennis players both lose...:)
as now you're suggesting that the two tennis players are playing each other in a match that one or other might win but neither actually will because the real match was won 2,000 years ago.

Or it was a crap metaphor.

DCP
The winner was already triumphant 2000 years ago at the Cross.
His basically taken 2 days to give fans a chance to celebrate with Him, in a few seconds time.
It just seems a little longer for the fans....;)
Only about a Month left now. You must be getting excited, I can imagine.

Back