Japanese Classic Racing | Season Finale at Suzuka | 5th Nov '11

• Thread starter DaxCobra
  • 836 comments
This is sick, i lose almost two seconds against the top time in the last chicane and following corner!

This is sick, i lose almost two seconds against the top time in the last chicane and following corner!

I was 0.8 seconds faster in the 2nd sector, then i am 0.04 secs off in the last sector... What?!

Wow, terrible race for me. Understeered like crazy!

And on the first go, it was my fault we had to restart. For some reason when I started braking I instantly started spinning. I have no idea how it happened.

All throughout the race my pedals were acting up. At our parade lap my brakes were on and wouldn't go off. I had to restart my wheel a couple times. Anyway, I hope I get a better race next time. I'm going to try and do some testing to see if it's the AWD that's getting in the way. As I said, the the Front Wheels were doing all the work in that race. My rear tires never changed from that dark blue color, while the fronts were about halfway gone by the last lap.

Nah, it was because there were 5 laps instead of 15...

Oh, never mind then. :lol:

I heard a lot of people complaining about how I wrecked them though, so I thought that was the reason.

I think the restart was first because of all the crashing but then someone realised that the laps was wrong also and then it didn't matter. ^^

I think the restart was first because of all the crashing but then someone realised that the laps was wrong also and then it didn't matter. ^^

Come on, off you go sorting the table out ;)

paulmac is no longer in it by the way, so everyone moves up a place in this last race.

Fantastic race, guys! That was really good fun.

I qualified 5th on the grid, and was feeling confident in my new car. The Silvia pulls pretty hard once it gets to speed, so by the first corner I was up to 3rd. I stayed there for a while, but I was soon passed by paulmac2k9. Carbonox swiftly caught up with me in his FTO, in a pace higher than mine. I latched onto his slipstream, and as the FF drivetrain started to tear on his tires, we were pretty evenly matched, and had an awesome, clean battle for 4th position in the corners. Kudos to you Carbonox :)👍
After the mandatory pitstop, I was trying hard to grasp the slipstream of the midnight blue FTO, now on fresh, grippy tires. So, from lap 9 to around 3/4 into the race, there was a large gap I couldn't close. With my tires now warm, I started to close in on him quickly. But only on the very last lap, after the very last corner, could I reenter his slipstream. So after a thrilling race, I placed fifth.

I'm satisfied with that, considering my previous results of placing last and second to last in the Corolla :P

And, Manuelos... that was a seriously impressive win. 15 seconds to 2nd place! 👍

Man, what a race in general. I hadn't touched these cars until 90 minutes before the race, when I got my car as a gift (thank youuuu) but managed an unexpected 4th 3rd in my debut! I'll be in for the rest of the races to battle for a potential top 3 spot in the overall standings 👍

Race report:

I started off second and got an almost perfect launch, getting Manuelos into the 1st corner, but he cut back in and overtook me into the next complex. We fought for a couple of laps, with me even regaining the lead for a brief moment before I overshot the braking point and he pulled the same move on me again at the same corner.

I eventually was caught up by paulmac who had caught up as me and Manu fought. He got into my slipstream and eventually passed me as I dived into the pits. (I had to let him through as he was blocking the pit entry) I came out of the pits, put a couple of fast laps in and paulmac exited the pits right infront of me on the next lap. I got along side him a few times, but he blocked hard over and over. Late into the race, I pulled along side him on the straight, only to be greeted again with his rear bumper. 2 laps to go, I made a mistake onto the back straight causing me to lose some time. After that, it was just a case of bringing Godzilla home.

I had a quick glimpse at the replay ...
I'll review it again fully tomorrow, and I will give you my opinion about that battle for second place + I'll post some pictures too ;)

After DQing Paul the table looks like this

2lcpf5w.jpg

Just tell me if you change your minds about it! (or if you notice something wrong..)

I'll have to miss the next race as well as I've got a job over Halloween and there isn't really any chance, bar the sack, of me being able to attend on the 29th. Should be able to make Suzuka though.

Back