Japanese Classic Racing | Season Finale at Suzuka | 5th Nov '11

• Thread starter DaxCobra
  • 836 comments
Wtf? how did i manage to upload it without the new results??

i2678j.jpg

This should be right! :P

Although it's not up to me to decide what is good/bad, or who's wrong/wright, I only want to share this:

I had a 2nd look at the replay, and wow, what were some guys doing/thinking?! I thought GTP races were supposed to be fair & clean?!:dunce:
(and yes I know there can a bit of contact from time to time)
I'm not going to put down any names, but I'll only add this:

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=111241

"C:
You are expected to compete in a fair and honest manner. With fair and honest is meant according to the GTP online racing rules, not according to your own interpretation of fair and honest."

"D:
You are expected to drive responsibly in a way that’s not likely to ruin the racing enjoyment of your fellow drivers."

"H:
The position of other drivers must always be respected."

"I:
Aggressive driving is strictly prohibited."

"L:
No careless driving. Always show respect for your fellow racers. Be careful. Show some patience. Understand the limitations of your car and yourself and drive accordingly. Driving online in a racing sim is NOT exactly the same as real life racing in every respect."

"A:
Contacts and collisions must be avoided at all costs."

"B:
Pushing other cars in turns or pushing them off the track is strictly prohibited."

"C:
Leaning on other cars is strictly prohibited in any situation."

I got along side him a few times, but he blocked hard over and over
You guys made contact 11 (!!!) times in 5-6 laps, and it wasn't always paulmac's fault ...

I pulled along side him on the straight, only to be greeted again with his rear bumper
You're right there, not a nice 'move' by paulmac

And now enough of this crap, picture time :sly:

The starting grid
NrburgringGP_D_4.jpg

Heading towards turn 1
NrburgringGP_D_13.jpg

Turn 1
NrburgringGP_D_14.jpg

NrburgringGP_D_5.jpg

'Mercedes Arena'
NrburgringGP_D_6.jpg

RTL
NrburgringGP_D_7.jpg

Hatzenbects-Bogen
NrburgringGP_D_8.jpg

Random carnage in lap 2 ...
NrburgringGP_D_10.jpg

Overtaking on the straight
NrburgringGP_D_9.jpg

NrburgringGP_D_11.jpg

Failed victory drift:sly:
NrburgringGP_D_12.jpg

I never said all of the contact was his fault, but I didn't complain about that. None of our contact was too bad and it certainly didn't affect our race. (Well maybe apart from the straight line blocks...)

+ Nice pics.

Next season of this I am thinking about changing the car list and the rules slightly and making it an endurance series. 1 - 2 hour races around some demanding circuits. What do you guys think?

There was really much bad driving in the first laps. And when you get thrown around by others with bumping and blocking all over you really get caught up in it. I think i kind of punted one of those orange cars of in a corner cause i couldn't stand them coming from of track cutting in right in front of me any more.. we probably all should be given penalties back there but that kind of takes away the point of penalties. It's too bad you can't give penalties in the middle of the race like in real racing.. Because this kind of creates more frustrated drivers who do more stupid stuff and everyone looks like idiots in the end.

I'd love another season, but 1 hour races would probably be max for me.

And what's your idea for a new car list?

Was thinking of renaming the series: Japanese Legends Endurance Racing

Cars like the Honda NSX, Mazda RX-7 Type R, Lancer Evolution IV, Nissan Fairlady Z 300ZX, R32 GT-R and Supra 3.0GT

I definitely like the idea of moving up to higher powered cars.

But with such a diverse field of cars, wouldn't we lose some of the door-to-door battles we have right now?

Ok here is a shortlist of cars maybe for next season:

Acura NSX '91 (P) PP: 433
Mazda efini RX-& Type R (FD) '91 (P) PP: 434
Mazda RX-8 Type-S '07 (P) PP: 429
Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IV GSR '96 (P) PP: 442
Nissan Fairlady Z 300ZX TT 2seater (Z32) '89 (P) PP: 440
Toyota Supra 3.0GT Turbo A '88 (P) PP: 429

I definitely like the idea of moving up to higher powered cars.

But with such a diverse field of cars, wouldn't we lose some of the door-to-door battles we have right now?

We have an even more diverse field right now, I think. I will do some testing first to make sure they are all balanced.

If not, I might just add and take away from the list we already have and just build from there.

Next season of this I am thinking about changing the car list and the rules slightly and making it an endurance series. 1 - 2 hour races around some demanding circuits. What do you guys think?
No endurance races for me, 25-30 minutes of racing is perfect for me :sly:
Would love to see the Nordschleife & Grand Valley Speedway, oh and Spa off course :)

Eclat i know it might be too late for any investigation or punishments now that's not what i want but you should watch Esprit's first laps i just don't think his moves are ok and that my race was really ruined by that. I accept my 8th place but maybe you could watch and give him a warning or something..

No endurance races for me, 25-30 minutes of racing is perfect for me :sly:

I concur. 30 minutes is optimal for me, since we eat dinner pretty early. With added delays and qualifying and such, it fits pretty good into my schedule. 1 hour would be a tight fit.

Eclat i know it might be too late for any investigation or punishments now that's not what i want but you should watch Esprit's first laps i just don't think his moves are ok and that my race was really ruined by that. I accept my 8th place but maybe you could watch and give him a warning or something..

I just watched the first 5 laps and it doesn't seem too bad. He missed the braking point pretty badly into turn 1 but you also hit him on lap five.

I think it is just a case of not enough practise on his part but I will have a word with him.

I know i hit him i got annoyed with him. but at least i didn't ram him to get past. just a samll touch. it wasn't only the missed braking that annoyed me but also the coming from off track and driving straight in blocking those who kept their cars on track.

But well i just wanted to hear what you had to say about it.

Edit: I also prefer this length of races. it's easier to fit your day around something like this.

I know i hit him i got annoyed with him. but at least i didn't ram him to get past. just a samll touch. it wasn't only the missed braking that annoyed me but also the coming from off track and driving straight in blocking those who kept their cars on track.

But well i just wanted to hear what you had to say about it.

Edit: I also prefer this length of races. it's easier to fit your day around something like this.

Well you kept your foot in it anyway so it didn't slow you down, and he had been forced wide and would have probably locked up if he was to try and slow down, which means he would have ended up in a collision anyway.

After watching it just now again, it was a bit of a stupid move but you did ram him anyway.

Yes ok it probably was fair then, i should leave it and be happy with my 8th place from now on :) (To bad i didn't think like that when it happened. got way too irritated and that made me drive soo slow the following laps. I gotta learn to not let it get to me. ^^ )

Yes ok it probably was fair then, i should leave it and be happy with my 8th place from now on :) (To bad i didn't think like that when it happened. got way too irritated and that made me drive soo slow the following laps. I gotta learn to not let it get to me. ^^ )

Don't worry. He was in the wrong but I only saw it a couple of times, and it is only worth a caution I think.

I'm gonna miss the next race. I'm visiting my parents that weekend. Sorry guys but i'll be back for Suzuka <3

I'm gonna miss the next race. I'm visiting my parents that weekend. Sorry guys but i'll be back for Suzuka <3

Okay. Right now I am wondering what to do next as a Saturdays racing series.

Continue this idea again? Go into the Japanese Legends idea with the NSX and RX7 etc? Maybe race carts? Rally?

I have no idea. Any help?

Be careful of me at HSR, I seem to be all over the place there, no matter which cars are used.

Personally, I'd love to see another season of this with an extended car list, or 280 PS Nippon Legends.

And how wet is the surface going to be next Sunday? I just practiced today :nervous:
The car was skating all over the place in the rain, over-correct and it will murder you.

personally, i'd love to see another season of this with an extended car list, or 280 ps nippon legends.

And how wet is the surface going to be next sunday? I just practiced today :nervous:
The car was skating all over the place in the rain, over-correct and it will murder you.

rip

Back