Japanese Classic Racing | Season Finale at Suzuka | 5th Nov '11

• Thread starter DaxCobra
  • 836 comments
Would just like to register early interest in the next series if it runs in the same time slot. 👍

Ok so here's the final standings

195cn.jpg

and team

2qj93jp.jpg

Because i should have beat you! :P Without that touch in first corner i probably would but well race incident.. but in my mind i'm 6th ^^

you can keep it 6th in your mind, but you will always have the feeling that you come 7th :P.
and what made it better is that we were fighting on the track today. the move i done on you in to the last corner is what put us apart :). with about 3 laps to go.

It was a little bit because of our touch in the first corner with two laps to go as well ;) but weren't you impressed that i almost caught up? :P

It was a little bit because of our touch in the first corner with two laps to go as well ;) but weren't you impressed that i almost caught up? :P

yes. i was not expecting it as i pull away from you so fast, then next thing i see you are catching me up.

:) it was fun! if i would have gotten better speed out of the last corner we could have finished side by side :P

i just watched the replay again. checking out the battle for first.. ehm lap 8 LKWTrailer was just crashing and jumping all over the place with full damage to his car and then all of the sudden he was in first place again ^^ What happened there? looks really weird on my replay.

i just watched the replay again. checking out the battle for first.. ehm lap 8 LKWTrailer was just crashing and jumping all over the place with full damage to his car and then all of the sudden he was in first place again ^^ What happened there? looks really weird on my replay.
Thats what we call massive lag:sly:

I had two offs because of this:guilty:

Yeah that was extreme.. wonder how it looked on his screen.. probably not that bad.
It did not look bad on my screen, i expect a penalty to come from my massive lagg, next time we should be racing in a lounge

Hm but if your getting a penalty TL should have mentioned it.. TL will there be any penalty for LKWs lag?

Hm but if your getting a penalty TL should have mentioned it.. TL will there be any penalty for LKWs lag?

I understand people lost out because of it, but it wasn't really his fault... brb for 20 mins btw guys.

Well i didn't lose out from it so i don't have any complaints, i'm just wondering if i should change the standings.

His connection was still at fault for losing ground and eventually positions. I'll refuse to drive with a lagger ever again because I got my share on yesterday evening as well.

There should be some kind of limit where you get auto kicked or something.. PD please?

If I'm not going to fencing anymore, I would like to join for next season. I'll update the post with my decision.

Here goes my race report:

Quali: nothing special to report here, pulled of a few quick laps without traffic and that seemed to be enough to grab the pole (it was 01.36.???)

Start: my start was perfect, diving into turn one no one was near enough to overtake me. Pity enough the Supra understeered heavely on the cold tyres and I ended up in the grassy aerea. When comming back on the track I was down to place 6.

Lap 1: overtaking TeamLotus_Seven at 200R. Overtaking Carbonox & Cleartec at 130R. So after lap 1 I was third, 3 seconds of the leaders.

Lap 2: closing the gap on GTP_MadMax86 and I manage to overtake him while crossing the start/finishline. Second place, 2.8s behind LKWTrailer.

Lap 3-6: closing the gap on the race leader

Lap 7: overtaking LKWTrailer, P1 now. At Spoon the lagging starts. I get a serious bump while diving into Spoon and I'm to P2 again. That was only the beginning, at 130R LKWTrailer starts to lag insanely and I get bumped of the track again at the chicane. At that point I'm pretty pissed and decide dive into the pit. LKWTrailer also dived into the pit at that moment, pity enough I couldn't see that because he was all over the place.

Lap 8: acording to the HUD, I'm in first place, something I had my doubts about

Lap 9: the lag is gone and I'm at P2 2.5s behind LKWTrailer and 13s in front of Carbonox

Lap 10: pushing hard as hell trying to close the gap

Final lap: I'm 1.1s behind at the start/finshline. Diving into the hairpin .8s behind. When exiting Spoon I'm right behind him and enjoying his slipstream, my hand palms are sweaty and I feel confident I can make my final move at the chicane. I could also try and overtake him at 130R but I felt I had more chance of outbraking him for the chicane.
And then ... BAM ... disconnected :guilty:

Start:
SuzukaCircuit.jpg

SuzukaCircuit_1.jpg

Turn 1:
SuzukaCircuit_2.jpg

Lap 1:
SuzukaCircuit_3.jpg

SuzukaCircuit_4.jpg

SuzukaCircuit_5.jpg

SuzukaCircuit_6.jpg

SuzukaCircuit_7.jpg

Lap 3:
SuzukaCircuit_8.jpg

Vs LKWTrailer:
SuzukaCircuit_9.jpg

SuzukaCircuit_10.jpg

Lag :yuck:
SuzukaCircuit_11.jpg

SuzukaCircuit_12.jpg

SuzukaCircuit_14.jpg

Thats how they pit in Japan:
SuzukaCircuit_13.jpg

👍

Any word on what cars will be used next season? Would like to get some practice (I'll need it :sly:)

Back