JGTC S2 Racing Class Qualification Thread + Results

I received a replay in my email today, the only message included was "PAL maxdrive" with no notes on who is it coming from. If you're that guy let me know. :)

I have set a time for both classes. The 500 class replay is probably the best I can do, but I want to give it one more try. The 300 class replay is at least 2-3 seconds slower than I can do. I will have them by the end of the day.

@Casio....in the US it's only 1:30pm on the east coast and 10:30am on the west coast, on Sept. 18, 2005!!!

eatsviper,

I have a couple of questions;

1) When is the car draft?

2) Where will it be held? on this board?

3) Will I have to be logged on for the draft?

any information you can give me beforehand will be greatly appreciated.

Car draft should take place somewhere in the middle of this week right here on this forum. I'll create a new thread dedicated only to that. I'll post a random order and people will pick when their turn comes. You don't have to be online all the time, but just try to pick ASAP when it's your turn. If it's your turn and you take one day to show up and pick then I'll be :mad: Like last season if someone took too much time to pick I was the one choosing for him.

Is it possible that some of you guys only raced this thing once or something because I have Div 2 racers sending pretty slow times like they raced for 5 mins to have one time and submit before the deadline?

Hey eatsviper4lunch, if there arent equal full time drivers who submit their times I could take a Full-Time place. I just didn't want to run the risk of not being able to run the series due to a broken cd, but I turned the opening video off and it works great now.:)

eatsviper4lunch
Is it possible that some of you guys only raced this thing once or something because I have Div 2 racers sending pretty slow times like they raced for 5 mins to have one time and submit before the deadline?

Unfortunately yes, only managed 8 laps this week after a month of not playing GT4 :yuck:
Dropped 3 seconds off the time between races 1 and 2 so I know there is still alot of time there... but yeah I did want to make sure I would be taking part in this series :sly:

eatsviper4lunch
Car draft should take place somewhere in the middle of this week right here on this forum. I'll create a new thread dedicated only to that. I'll post a random order and people will pick when their turn comes. You don't have to be online all the time, but just try to pick ASAP when it's your turn. If it's your turn and you take one day to show up and pick then I'll be :mad: Like last season if someone took too much time to pick I was the one choosing for him.

I work nights, from about 5PM EST until 2AM EST, if my name comes up before that, I'll pick, otherwise it'll have to wait until I get home.

eatsviper4lunch

Well, I hope you're not talking about me. I raced about two hours today, and when I got two times that were w/in .5 of each other I went with it. I know I probably could have picked up 1 second or so in each race, but I tried to be a little cautious so I didn't ruin a decent run on the last lap. :nervous: :nervous: :nervous:

Time submitted for GT300 Class. Put some time into it. I hope everyone else is just waiting until the last minute to submit their times. :scared:

eatsviper4lunch
I received a replay in my email today, the only message included was "PAL maxdrive" with no notes on who is it coming from. If you're that guy let me know. :)

Yeah that was me, I realised I did that so I sent a link to the file in the PM with my time.

I could have shaved 1.5 atleast off my time, but I just want to race in GT300 anyway, didnt see the point of doing more than a couple of runs.

Doombreed
Unfortunately yes, only managed 8 laps this week after a month of not playing GT4 :yuck:
Same here. It was almost pretty late in the week before I noticed that the qualifications had opened. I couldn't make time for GT until Sunday, and even then I had to run the 4hr Roadster enduro before I could do my three lame tries at the qual race.

...but I'm still psyched about the new season!

Saleen Man
As am I. Although I'm kind of anxious to see everyone else's qualifying times. :nervous: We will get to see them won't we?

Same here.

I must say this round of qualification was much better than last time. That Z on Suzuka was a chore - this was fun.

GT300 time submitted last night. For some reason I find GT300 much more enjoyable than GT500, I actually think GT500 cars can be easier to drive, go figure.

I had a lot of "fun" running this qualy, as my DFP has decided to act up. A couple of months ago my stick shifter would jump several gears when downshifting, so I just stopped using it. This past weekend, my paddle shifters have decided to jump several gears when UPshifting, so I had to run the qualy upshifting with the stick and downshifting with the paddles. A bit distracting, but I think my time was decent enough.

Looking forward to seeing everyone's results and getting the car draft underway :cheers:

will the results gonna be up today?

just curious...

those who didn´t send a time, will be the last ones to draft, or they´re out?

Heh i also was very zlow imo thi week cos as i said earlier - lately i do not have to much time for GT :/ thats why i had to submit just after 4h of driving with that combo and thats why im only part time driver this season :/

EDIT: BTW when will results be online ??? i thought that i will see them right after getin back home from work ... ;)

Will get ya the reply my tomorrow Eats, I am very fumed at my internet provider, disconnecting me, saying no payment (On autopay no less), so I pay them, then get to work today and find out they took there dang money when they were suppose to.

Sorry eatvipers. I am afraid I simply will not have the time to compete at the best of my abilities here at college
so I will not be sending a time.

My apologies for losing your time.

No problem man, I understand. I don't have much time either, working 50-55h/week plus boxing 2 days a week and going to the gym another 2 days a week. I would really like to race in GT500 this season but I just won't have the time to be competitive with the big dogs, so I'll settle with GT300. :crazy:

How are the results coming? This is torture, especially after viper commented on the poor times from D2 drivers. :(

<-----D2 driver

I too would like to see the results, as well as get the draft started. I'm excited about this series. Hopefully it'll start soon.

Hey eatsHondaToday4lunch where are you ??? .... "we want information, information, information!!! ..."

Back