JGTC S3 Round 1 Race + Results

Ricfight
L00-L12Stop 1 RH/RM
L13-L24 Stop2 RH/RM
L25-L36 Stop3 RH/RM
L37-L47 RH/RM

No penalties, no off's,no spins

After my 9th lap with each tyres set,the S2000 had no tyres at front.:guilty: Maybe I'll have to change my way of driving.

When I was testing cars I really wanted to use the S2000, but the tire wear was horrible for my driving style....well it's not exactly a style but....

Ballstothewall
Hey Eric!

I'm GT300 and I shame you! :sly:

Fancy only being able to get to 12 laps on hard fronts? Sup with that?

My strategy was:

--pits--tyres(F/R)

L00-L13 RM/RS
L13-L26 RM/RS
L26-L39 RM/RS
L39-L47 RS/RS

And before anyone asks, yes my tyre wear setting was/is on strong!

That's right, mediums do go 13 laps on this car and track combo!
If I had put hard's on, like I did at the start of the week, I could get 18-20 laps out of them. Also this was a compromise setup, of sorts, was getting 14-16 laps out of the mediums, but by pushing a little harder and pitting 2-3 laps earlier my time came down by 30 seconds at least.

Smooth with a capital SSMMOOOOO! :P

No penalties, no off's,no spins

Neil

:boggled: HOW?!!?! OMG.

I could run 14 laps at most with hards with a slower pace. I could only run 8 laps on the RM/RS combo, and could only run 5 laps on a RS/RS combo. I think your going to win this because you could run as far as me much faster. :ill:

holl01
hey, did a time, pit stradegy was this, i didnt work out the best stradegy, but i just enjoyed racing it all the way with softs;)

1/6
7/12
13/18
19/24
25/30
31/36
37/42
42/47

so thats a 7 stop stradegy....

Wow... Sure would like to have known how fast you could've gone on Curtis' pit strategy. Great time considering how long you spent in the pitlane though!

-SHig

I want to get going on qualifying and race strategy for next week already!!

What am I gonna weigh? :^)

weigh-ting...

-SHig

yeah, me too. hopefully the drama ends tonight and we will see how race one turned out to be:nervous:

fasj6418
yeah, me too. hopefully the drama ends tonight and we will see how race one turned out to be:nervous:
Yeah, me too, and like most women I hope to lose a little weight, just around the arse and tummy.

my race had a couple brain-fades

in the fast S's ~ with Hards on its a whole different story
compared to the easy full throttle approach

anyways, having to slow down not to go wide, costs atleast .750 seconds
and in total i think i lost around 6-7 seconds or so from not being consistent enough

This is the reason why i dont use Softs, its allows for a much greater challenge

hmmm..... a full min. off my partners' time
wish I knew if that was good or not. For me, being behind only a min. after 47 laps ... works 👍

Now EV4L, you know better than to make us wait. We may have to go back to the temporary classifictaion we had going in round 7.

Link

:lol:

So, Dan,

What's the deal with the whole "kitten" avatar theme? The new one's cute, but Heidi was cuter! :^)

-SHig

oldphart
hmmm..... a full min. off my partners' time
wish I knew if that was good or not. For me, being behind only a min. after 47 laps ... works 👍

wait... HUH?! I missed this the first time.

If you're only a minute behind holl01 in GT300 driving a spec Imprezza, I bow down to you my friend!

I call! Let's see them cards...

:^)

-SHig

Hey Eats,

I got up specially at 6.30 in the morning, just to see the results (believe that and you'll believe anything:lol: ), and they're not up!

Pull finger out matie-boy! :D

Neil

Wow those times are damn fast!

Thought my time was good!

Last year+2 laps=58'20ish, and that's well and truely busted!

5th in GT500+7th in GT300=good 1st race result for Casio & I:tup:

3rd fastest lap in GT300 for me! 👍 👍 👍

Nice driving guys!

Neil

Well oh well, R1 now in the book.

fasj6418, SHigSpeed and hOt6o4bOi on the GT500 podium.

IcemanGER, eatsviper4lunch and GTXDriver on the GT300 podium.

Congrats to all who submitted a time. :) How so ironic the top two finishers in GT300 lost their teammates. :rolleyes:

Just so everything was fair for everyone my strategy was the same IcemanGER used but I decided to make an additional pitstop for fun. :lol:

RM-RS Lap 9
RM-RS Lap 17 (Yup that's 8 laps :rolleyes:)
RM-RS Lap 25
RM-RS Lap 33
RS-RS Lap 41

fasj - MS
Shig - Alonso
hOt - JPM

ehhhh kool

shig even if i didnt have those couple brain fades, i wouldnt have beat you nice race

and nice results from the rest of the drivers on the podium 👍

Arg :grumpy:

Great race SHig. Way to bring home the points.

Man those Subies are fast. I got all that I think I really could out of my car here and they still beat me by almost a whole lap. It seems the RX-7 is pretty even though, with the three of us seperated by less than 20s.

Also grats to the other podium finishers. :cheers:

woohoo, cool. :dopey: i would be extremely happy if it wasent for the fact that i just got a speed ticket in real life. stupid me.:ouch:

that race was very good, i enjoyed and now i´ll have to carry the weight and stuff for round 2... congrats to iceman and the other podiums...

soyfu, you had a tough time, maybe your 6 pit strategy was not the best one... i couldn´t reach you in the weekend, it was that WRS down thing, sorry. but i´m sure you will make it up in R2:tup:

started with 6 pits also, but i saw that it was way to much pitting... i think i had a good strategy... now onto motegi, and i feel heavy

Nuvolari
Congratulations to the Iceman and to fasj.

Any comments from GT300 drivers on relative performance of the cars?

Still think that the RX7's are underpowered, especially compared to the Subby's.

Same weight 1100Kg, 17 HP down on power! 315 compared to 332.

Neil

Ballstothewall
Still think that the RX7's are underpowered, especially compared to the Subby's.

Same weight 1100Kg, 17 HP down on power! 315 compared to 332.

Neil

I'm with you Neil, a bit underpowered, or could the car be undermanned? Just wondering, I'm in the same car. I didn't think this sort of talk would start so early in the season. But I know how meticulous Nuvo is, so I'm pretty sure the cars are quite close in performance, but that Subby ?? Eats is gonna love this :)

Congrats to both class podiums :cheers:
As for the Suby, I'm still getting use to it. Still getting use to the whole JGTC thing 👍 but it was a blast 👍

time to lose some weight :)

Nuvolari
Congratulations to the Iceman and to fasj.

Any comments from GT300 drivers on relative performance of the cars?
Well, I don't know what to say, other than I couldn't seem to make the tires last much longer than when fully pushing it, maybe one lap more when taking it easy...

What was your tire strategy for this race? Oh, and gearing actually? I ended up using 320 I think for both the race and the qualifying... It just had better shift points for me than the 250 or 260 gearing that I was originally using. If I could shift with the steering straight enough, I probably would've been faster with the other gearing, but I just got hooked on the 320 and went with it.

hOt6o4bOi
fasj - MS
Shig - Alonso
hOt - JPM

ehhhh kool

shig even if i didnt have those couple brain fades, i wouldnt have beat you nice race

and nice results from the rest of the drivers on the podium 👍

Heh... Alonso? If so, fasj was BLOCKING the entire second half of the race like at Monza! :^) I had a great, consistent race.

JPM, if you had taken a more mortal pit strategy, you could've easily won this thing though. Thanks for the head start...

-SHig

KLR142
Well, I don't know what to say, other than I couldn't seem to make the tires last much longer than when fully pushing it, maybe one lap more when taking it easy...

What was your tire strategy for this race? Oh, and gearing actually? I ended up using 320 I think for both the race and the qualifying... It just had better shift points for me than the 250 or 260 gearing that I was originally using. If I could shift with the steering straight enough, I probably would've been faster with the other gearing, but I just got hooked on the 320 and went with it.

It's always interesting to note the differences between qualifying times and race results. A key here is the "...fully pushing it..." and driving a race pace. There's almost always a trade off.

Not making excuses, but as I said in the test report, the Altezza suffers (just a bit) from having only a five-speed gearbox, and I haven't found a gear which is ideal at Mid-field. I used a 250 in this race and had to use a strange method getting up the hill from turn two, and other points on the track were a compromise.

Back