JGTC S3 Round 1 Race + Results

:rolleyes: ah, the wonders of youth :sly: ... and yup, you got a mild case of frostbite :D

submitted my time. Tried a 5 stopper :crazy: still didn't beat my 3 stopper :ouch: had enough :indiff: time to go "dancing in the rain" over in WRS and start testing a bit at Montegi.

Time submitted. Beat my practice race time by ~25 seconds. Got a pretty good fastest lap because I got a perfect slipstream at the end of the lap on the S/F straight on a lap that already had some pretty nice splits. And only one half spin, where I dodged a stupid corvette into the last hairpin because it seemingly braked about 300m before the braking zone.

It was scary on a few occasions. Especially coming into the 3/4 esses, where the AI seem to have invented their own line. You just have to back off and overtake them into the corner before the first tunnel. With Forced Pit you can't take any chances.

And yeah, my finger was killing me for about the first 15 laps then I kinda forgot about it. Do you think if I had of put my finger in the bunsen burner straight after, it would have fixed it!? :lol:

EDIT: Forgot to add. What's the deal with the McLaren spinning all the time on the exit of the corner just before T2?! I saw it twice in this race, twice in my previous and was lucky that I was miles away and could miss it easily, but if you were right behind that thing it would destroy your whole race.

Hi there!
I hope I caught the right rythm for the race.Tried 4 and 3 and 2 stoppers (with RH/RH configuration on my Garaiya wearing these tires for 16 laps long!!!) and got an interesting conclusion about the use of the tires.
Felt very hard to win that race with only two times pitting in!
Waiting curiously the results of this race!!!
The FTO and the Falken GT-R was a little bit evil and didn't leave to pass me over so easily...

The trick at this track seems to be having the luck of getting through 47 laps without any major incident with the other cars. On my one race attempt I came up on the Subaru at the entry of the 180 degree bend just before T2 and had to brake hard when he decided to stop as he came down to the apex. My quick glance at the T2 time indicated a loss of about two seconds there, and since it occurred late in the race, my attitude was somewhat affected. I'm inclined to try again but if I do my motivation to get out and do some testing at Motegi will be reduced. So I think I'll just let it alone and see what happens in the results.

Well, I'm finished, I ran this sucker 5 times so if I end up at the bottom I have no excuses at all. The time I'm submitting is the best I can do...period!We'll see in the resilts. The competition this season is stiffer then last, or should I say there are just more good drivers added to the lineup. Good Luck everyone!!!

Yes,I saw that a few times in my race,too.Nothing happened on the road and the FTO,the Falken GT-R and the Mugen Honda did id too me,not only in that corner but various places without any cause.I finished the race on Mid-Field.

Casio
Just informing you all that I may not make it through this race I'm about to commence. (This being my second and first real go at it)

Today in chemistry we were playing around with Ice (possibly Dry Ice) and salt to display endothermic reactions. Anyway, our ice/water got to about -15C when my friend of mine proclaimed that he could stick his finger in there longer then I....

Anyway, about ~15 minutes later. I looked at the the tip of my finger and it was completely white and growing ice on it. I couldn't bend it or feel it for about 5 minutes, and now it's completely red and feels like it's burning every time I press a key on this very keyboard.

Conclusion, I think I gave myself frostbite on the end of my 'gear up' finger. Don't try this at home kids...

Brad, this is from your team-mate!

MUPPET! :lol:

Hope it gets better soon.

Neil

Grrr The toyota rsc is a pain in the arse to pass in gt300. Its so much wider.

And the pug 205 keeps spining in the smae spot. Very anoying when you are behind him or worse follwoing another cars and not seeing him. That is on the big lefter near the end of course.

Well at least i got a banker in earlier.

zdenko
Grrr The toyota rsc is a pain in the arse to pass in gt300. Its so much wider.

And the pug 205 keeps spining in the smae spot. Very anoying when you are behind him or worse follwoing another cars and not seeing him. That is on the big lefter near the end of course.

Well at least i got a banker in earlier.
Run at +10 difficulty and you'll have a different field of cars that are much easier to deal with.

I think Neil already posted this tip.

Absolutely sick of Mid-Field now. Talked myself into another attempt and was clicking along at a good pace and I get into one Schlamozzle after another. The first was a brain failure (mine) and the second was when I'm exiting the pits and watching the mirror as well as possible, and the camoflage Mugen Honda nails me.

So I got in the helicopter and left.

fasj6418
ok, during my run i will not use more than 5 gears, just like in qualy. just kidding curtis, but i didn´t understand that. i remember while ago people discussing using 2 wheels on the grass in this track to get better revs. you did that in your WRS run with the altezza. so does this have something to do with that? i was away for 4 days earlier, so i´m a little lost.

i think he was talking about rumble strips, not grass, and yes, using the grass does gain u some time slightly, around .020, i wont be doing it cos it looks gay

^ brO

reply your freakin msn messageS!!!!

hopefully, me and you can run the race ~ couple hours b4 F1 starts

haha screw sleeping, GP2 is on in 2 hours, then F1 right afteR!!
then World Superbike ~ Grand Am Rolex to watch

woohoo
raceday Sunday! :D

Time submitted to Eats last night!

Managed a 3 stopper without going any harder than mediums!

Bring on the Le Mans 24hr (bikes), world superbikes, porche super series.........etc,etc

Sod F1, boring Boring BOring BORIng BORINg BORING!

Neil

BORING,BORING,BORING!

They might as well put them on a Scalectric's track, single line, no over-taking, BORING!

Tell ya what, just time the pit-stops x3 and give the win to the fastest crew!

Quite happy being a heathen, thank-you very much. If being a heathen means I like to see a fight, ON TRACK, give me bikes ANY day!

Neil

Bikes? Yeah, it's easy to overtake something that's only 10% of the width of the track, where's the skill in that? :sly:

I'll agree we need a bit more on-track action in F1, and they're working on it by slowly reducing aerodynamic downforce to improve overtaking. Some of the newer tracks offer more opportunity.

But it's still and always will be the pinnacle of motorsports, so I struggle to consider any true motorsports fan who doesn't include F1 in their schedule. Are you a deserter or were you never an F1 fan?

What do you think of the new A1GP series?

When Senna, Mansell, Prost et 'al were racing it was fantastic, but now it's just a procession.

Don't get me wrong, I love all motorsport. But F1 just doesn't float my boat anymore, yes it is the pinnacle of the technology involved in racing, engines that rev to 18,000 or more, etc,etc. But it's still boring!

Bikes are narrower yes, but they have only two wheels and less tyre contact with the track than the area of three credit cards, total! Almost the same PWR and better brakes. No downforce, no abs, no launch system/traction control (excluding MotoGP and the Ducati's in WSB), and no computer assistance at all.

It's the rider that wins, not the technology package, in bike racing.

At least that's my opinion!
One day, F1 will be raced by the bloody computers. The driver will only be there as ballast! :lol:
Neil

I don't entirely disagree with you, although F1 is agreeing too and moving slowly away from excessive driver aids. Launch control was abolished after only 2 years in the sport, traction control is out from next season...

I don't knock bikes, though they don't really do it for me. The MotoGP I went to last year was pretty cool. Did you ever see Jeremy Clarkson's car vs. bike clip?

ZeratulSG
Bikes? Yeah, it's easy to overtake something that's only 10% of the width of the track, where's the skill in that?

Are you speaking from actual real-life experience here? Maybe you should give it a try, just to find out how easy it really is.

You can't learn about flying by sitting around watching the birds....

Just finished watching the San Marino GP (stupid delayed Australian broadcast)...just proves you don't necessarily need 30 cars bunched together and lots of overtaking to make an exciting race!

Nuvolari
Are you speaking from actual real-life experience here? Maybe you should give it a try, just to find out how easy it really is.

You can't learn about flying by sitting around watching the birds....
Whoa there, note the wink at the end of that, I was joking! Just wanna make that clear before the bike posse start flaming me here :)

Time's submitted in a few min. I hope it stands up, but the RX-7 seemed quite a bit slower in quali, so I don't know how it will stand up in the race. Guess we'll see tonight.

I ran a 3 stop strategy pitting on laps 12, 24 and 36. I wasn't concerned about the fast lap, but more about running a consistanly fast race. I think I ran about as fast as possible. Maybe 3 to 5 more seconds in the race.

Good luck guys. 👍

eatsviper4lunch
New, some already know You don't have to register so it's to your discretion to join or not. Series will still run on GTP but alot will be said on that private forum also.

http://s11.invisionfree.com/JGTC/index.php

Might want to bookmark it in your favorites.
Is there some reason we need a private forum for this? Many people may choose not to join, and as such they'll miss out on a lot of the community of the JGTC series. I vote it should stay here, and here alone.

What's the reason for this private forum?

ZeratulSG
Is there some reason we need a private forum for this? Many people may choose not to join, and as such they'll miss out on a lot of the community of the JGTC series. I vote it should stay here, and here alone.

What's the reason for this private forum?

Future security, like the fact the downtime this week screwed up pretty much the submissions. New drivers didn't knew the rules & setttings and when they came to race this weekend they couldn't see the threads. I've got people sending me times using not even the right number of laps. I'm thinking of even the possibility to give an extra week just because of that. You've got all the info on an on the side forum and stuff like that never happens.

Back