JGTC S3 Round 1 Race + Results

eatsviper4lunch
You can stop reposting the same reply each 8 minutes now. :lol: :lol:
:lol: I wasn't sure if I was wasn't actually scrolling down the page, or if there were multiple posts!

I've done two different tire strategies, one had penalties and I can guesstimate about a minute off of it, but that puts it right about where I think I can get going with the other strategy... :crazy: I don't know!

Drew22
Took 10 seconds off my first attempt, gonna try a different tire / pit combo. Also gotta get a new Maxdrive, my 110 lb. puppy ate my USB stick, well he didn't actually eat it, he just destroyed it. I didn't even recognize it. Can you buy just the USB stick or do you have to buy the whole thing?

110lb a puppy does not make, that is more like a horse... and keep up the pace champ... ;)

SHigSpeed
25 seconds for a GT500 at this track. I timed from shadow to shadow (just before pit in and right before turn 1 in the braking zone) with and without stop... And I'd be hard pressed to do 12 laps on RM tires without really backing off. 11 on light fuel maybe...

-SHig

geez i am struggling to get 10 laps without burning out my front tyres, but then again i am averaging 3 seconds a lap slower through each stint than my qualifying time... so i dunno, i am working on a 4 stopper at the moment though..

Drew, just realised why your car is running slow!

KICK THE HORSE OUT OF THE PASSENGER SIDE!:lol:

Neil

He goes everyehere I go! He comes to work with me, even to customers. The only time he doesn't go with me is when I'm in the Chevelle. It's too loud for him and I don't want a horse in my show car, you should see my Acura, an inch of doghair and tons of slobber!!

:lol: :lol: Sounds like the carpet behind my computer chair. Two Labs, one blonde, one black, insist on laying behind and at the side of me whenever i'm racing. It's impossible to get a carpet colour that doesn't show one of their hairs up!

And a little tip for the GT300 guys, run AI at +10, have just tried +9 and been nerfed by the bloody suicidal Lancia rally car 4 times in the first 12 laps. He runs into the first corner really hot and bounces of your car to get round, plus he ALWAYS goes off on the exit of the left sweeper (after the 1st tunnel) and ends up in the middle of the track right infront of you!

Neil

Ballstothewall
And a little tip for the GT300 guys, run AI at +10, have just tried +9 and been nerfed by the bloody suicidal Lancia rally car 4 times in the first 12 laps. He runs into the first corner really hot and bounces of your car to get round, plus he ALWAYS goes off on the exit of the left sweeper (after the 1st tunnel) and ends up in the middle of the track right infront of you!

Neil
Somehow I've managed to do two races without having any contact with him except for once in one race... After he did the wide run off of that sweeper, he was coming back onto the track and I was already turning left, and I had to turn a little sharper to the left and managed to not get slowed down much, at all. The problems I had with the FTO(AI+10) were it slowing down too early, me trying to make a pass, and then it always snipping me in the back. But, that was always with RH tires, not the harder to race against AI tires that are RS... I'll try it out, see how it goes, maybe he'll be fast enough that I can just use him for the first tire set instead of trying to get around him.

jctraduz
You can use any pen drive, as long as you format it with the MAX PC software or with the FAT file system. It won't work if you format it with the FAT32 or NTFS file system.

I tried formatting a 32 MB drive using the Max software and it didn't recognize it as a Maxdrive. Had a "could no write to drive" or something error. Even renamed the thing MAXDRIVE but still no dice. Does it have to be 16 MB?

Hmm...

-SHig

SHigSpeed
I tried formatting a 32 MB drive using the Max software and it didn't recognize it as a Maxdrive. Had a "could no write to drive" or something error. Even renamed the thing MAXDRIVE but still no dice. Does it have to be 16 MB?

Hmm...

-SHig
Just use Windows to format it with the FAT 16 file system. Then, use the MAX PC software to update the codes.

After that, insert the pen in the PS2, start AR MAX, and change your AR MAX settings according to your preferences, using the Save option in the AR MAX Settings menu. Re-start PS2 with pen drive in USB 1 and the CD and it should work. I've already done it with several pen drives.

In the AR MAX support page, there is a list of incompatible pen drives, even when formatted with a FAT 16 file system. Maybe you're one of the unlucky guys... hope not.

eatsviper4lunch
Is you PS2 modded or not?

No, my PS2 isn't modded. I was thinking about doing it, though.
Don't know if it is worth the hassle, knowing the PS3 will be out in a while !

I might wait for the PS3.

off topic

SHIGSPEED READ THIS-

well, i have the entire package, a friend of mine brought from new york...

i don´t know if i got this one right, but looks like you need the data on the AR max CD right?

i tried to make a copy for a friend, but it didn´t work... copy protected... don´t know if you know how to hack the CD... one method is to download the data with torrent, but i still have no idea how this torrent thing works... but a friend here in GTP said it got his max drive by download, and uses a regular pen drive...

if i can help, just let me know. to sum up, yes, i have the CD.👍

you´ve got 50 messages, so no PM avaliable

fasj6418
i tried to make a copy for a friend, but it didn´t work... copy protected... don´t know if you know how to hack the CD... one method is to download the data with torrent, but i still have no idea how this torrent thing works... but a friend here in GTP said it got his max drive by download, and uses a regular pen drive...

That would be my case. :lol:

If anyone needs the Max cd let me know and I'll hook you up, but you need your PS2 modded to read copied cd's/dvd's.

I think I've found my best strategy for this round. After some testing I had a good run last night, getting very lucky when it came to where on track I caught the AI drivers. I find there are really only 2 places where it is problematic, the entry to turns 3 and 4 and turns 11 and 12, where they're very slow. They also seem to all take a strange line into 3 and 4, and they're all a bit different, making them unpredictable.

Here's hoping they introduce the concept of blue flags in GT5 :)

hOt6o4bOi
during my race, i will not go over/inside any of the rumbles

just like my qualy run
Uhh...okay.

any of you see Tourist Trophy yet?

1 wheel off track, and you get a 10 second penalty
cant wait for GT5 to have this feature

as its basically the same program :D

When you're doing hot laps, if you have the feature turned on, it won't even GIVE you a lap time if you go one wheel off.

hOt6o4bOi

as its basically the same program
That's cool for qualifying! But not for races, IRL drivers have offs all the time. It does slow you down fairly realistically, and there's always the risk of spinning when this happens. What we need is damage to more accurately simulate hitting something solid and immobile :)

hOt6o4bOi
during my race, i will not go over/inside any of the rumbles

just like my qualy run

ok, during my run i will not use more than 5 gears, just like in qualy. just kidding curtis, but i didn´t understand that. i remember while ago people discussing using 2 wheels on the grass in this track to get better revs. you did that in your WRS run with the altezza. so does this have something to do with that? i was away for 4 days earlier, so i´m a little lost.

Just wondering if in the results, we could have a column titled. 'Number of Pits' or just 'Pits'. Or something.

I think it would be interesting to know what pit statergy everybody used and which turned out to be the fastest.

nah, just that i can easily grab another .250 by cuting the entry to the 2nd right of the double right after t1

and exiting the hairpin going just that little bit wider

~ all while still being legal.....

Casio
Just wondering if in the results, we could have a column titled. 'Number of Pits' or just 'Pits'. Or something.

I think it would be interesting to know what pit statergy everybody used and which turned out to be the fastest.
Or even better, the laps on which they pit...

ie.

HTML:
Po.    Name      Time           Pits
1.     Soyfu     59'37.235      12, 24, 36

hOt6o4bOi

as its basically the same program :D

NICE! I've only done the license tests and those were really strict, I loved it, now it will eliminate all the cheaters out there...woohhooo!!!!

I also need to post that I will be unable to find the time to do these races especially a few times over. I got 'picked' to do some overtime at work, rather I said I would do it if no one else would 'man' up to it...what a bunch of nancy's...lol. Thx to IcemanGER and Eatsviper for a great series, maybe next time boyzzz

jump_ace

well, if nothing else, this series is exposing my weakness as a driver :guilty: seems I cant take a single line for 47 laps ... should make that 2 :rolleyes: ... blew qual by running at the wrong top speed :dunce: .... thought I was through testing at mid-field :lol: ... gave it another try this morning .... 9 sec. behind my best :ouch: .... learning to ignore the split times and all the other stuff flashing on the screen. I see that and lose my concentration just enough to start dropping time :grumpy: ... having said all that ... I love this :cool:

On the pit info thing, I would agree that pit strategy and tire compound used would be an awesome addition to the results page. Fueling stops could be highlighted with asterisks or something. I would also request that controller type be noted, just for fun (and for folks like me who may be swapping controller types during the season, so I have an excuse for a slow time :sly: )

well, if nothing else, this series is exposing my weakness as a driver seems I cant take a single line for 47 laps ... should make that 2 ... blew qual by running at the wrong top speed .... thought I was through testing at mid-field ... gave it another try this morning .... 9 sec. behind my best .... learning to ignore the split times and all the other stuff flashing on the screen. I see that and lose my concentration just enough to start dropping time ... having said all that ... I love this
During testing the splits are very useful for determining the fastest line (which of course is a trade-off with tire wear). During the race, I use them to measure consistency. Some tracks are difficult though, since the sector beams are at stupid places like right before a series of turns, so taking your eyes off the road can be fatal. At Midfield they are placed quite intelligently.

With the DFP my best advice would be to practice smooth steering and pedal inputs and you'll find a consistent line easier to find and hold.

Just informing you all that I may not make it through this race I'm about to commence. (This being my second and first real go at it)

Today in chemistry we were playing around with Ice (possibly Dry Ice) and salt to display endothermic reactions. Anyway, our ice/water got to about -15C when my friend of mine proclaimed that he could stick his finger in there longer then I....

Anyway, about ~15 minutes later. I looked at the the tip of my finger and it was completely white and growing ice on it. I couldn't bend it or feel it for about 5 minutes, and now it's completely red and feels like it's burning every time I press a key on this very keyboard.

Conclusion, I think I gave myself frostbite on the end of my 'gear up' finger. Don't try this at home kids...

Holy crap Casio! You guys are nuts! Lol. I hope to have some time this weekend to get a better race in. I've done two, but both just more for testing purposes than all out races. I'm really busy in RL right now though, so we'll see.

Casio
Just informing you all that I may not make it through this race I'm about to commence. (This being my second and first real go at it)

Today in chemistry we were playing around with Ice (possibly Dry Ice) and salt to display endothermic reactions. Anyway, our ice/water got to about -15C when my friend of mine proclaimed that he could stick his finger in there longer then I....

Anyway, about ~15 minutes later. I looked at the the tip of my finger and it was completely white and growing ice on it. I couldn't bend it or feel it for about 5 minutes, and now it's completely red and feels like it's burning every time I press a key on this very keyboard.

Conclusion, I think I gave myself frostbite on the end of my 'gear up' finger. Don't try this at home kids...

you tool... :sly: dun worry you got a couple more days yet, submitted last night, got another 2 races to do so am gunna be busy... i really enjoyed this race...

Back