JGTC S3 Round 1 Race + Results

Another week!!! NOOOOO! We can't wait another week...we're burned out at Midfield. Really, how many drivers didn't know the rules and settings, I mean it's been posted forever...almost.
Please don't make us wait kind sir....beg, beg, beg!!!

The WRS would never do that!! (that will get him..ha) :)

Drew22
Another week!!! NOOOOO! We can't wait another week...we're burned out at Midfield. Really, how many drivers didn't know the rules and settings, I mean it's been posted forever...almost.

No way we should go another week. The info has been out long enough and there's no excuse to do such.

Besides, I've already planned a business trip around the schedule and a week offset's gonna really bugger things up! :^)

-SHig

Drew22

lol I won't add another week, I was just dramatizing the situation to prove my point :lol: I'm only giving up until today 11:59PM est extension. :)

Oh crap, that tempts me to have another go....

But no, I will be strong and submit my woeful attempt at this race. Had a spin and a wall-touch on lap 42, and generally drove like a complete muppet through this race. Ran a 3-stopper with some weird-harold strategy.

I fully expect to be way down the order. Time submitted.

VTRacing
Oh crap, that tempts me to have another go....

But no, I will be strong and submit my woeful attempt at this race. Had a spin and a wall-touch on lap 42, and generally drove like a complete muppet through this race. Ran a 3-stopper with some weird-harold strategy.

I fully expect to be way down the order. Time submitted.

Heh... Muppet... Weird-Harold...

Hey hey hey, what can I say?

So random.

-SHig

R1 and 2 teams already fawked :lol: :lol: Talk about time loosing stuff!

Oh and if you want to quit don't be a tard and wait until the middle of the season, tell me right now please.

So here was my pit strategy:

1-7 RS/RS
8-17 RM/RH
18-27 RM/RH
28-37 RM/RH
38-47 RM/RH

Can't wait to see how it all pans out. Very consistent and clean race for me. No spins or penalties or even 2 wheels in the sand exiting the sweeper or exiting the esses.

Kinda all fell into place. Lucky. Hope I can do that every race.

-SHig

also went with a 4 stopper...

1-10 - RM
10-20 - RM
20-30 - RM
30-40 - RM
40-47 - RS

i absolutely love my new car:dopey:

I shame you all and your 4 stoppers. :P

1 - 12 RH/RM
12 - 24 RH/RM
24 - 36 RH/RM

I think that's a repost, but oh well.

Also, you guys are all GT500. I want to see what you GT300 guys managed to pull out.

My pit strategy (since everyone is sharing already):

Start: RS/RS
Lap 7: RS/RS
Lap 15: RS/RS
Lap 23: RS/RS
Lap 31: RS/RS
Lap 39: RS/RS

This is something of a departure for me, I usually tend to shy away from soft compounds due to the number of stops, but this seemed to be the fastest on paper...time will tell :nervous:

eatsviper4lunch
Future security, like the fact the downtime this week screwed up pretty much the submissions. New drivers didn't knew the rules & setttings and when they came to race this weekend they couldn't see the threads. I've got people sending me times using not even the right number of laps. I'm thinking of even the possibility to give an extra week just because of that. You've got all the info on an on the side forum and stuff like that never happens.
...until the side forum goes down :lol:

Okay cool, just so long as we encourage the JGTC community to base itself here, not there. It wouldn't be very nice to have two disparate communities running, and some people may not have time to keep abreast of two sets of threads.

BTW, what I do is save page 1 of the qualy or race thread to my laptop (.mht) so I have the info available whenever I need it.

ejr_1

1 - 12 RH/RM
12 - 24 RH/RM
24 - 36 RH/RM

Also, you guys are all GT500. I want to see what you GT300 guys managed to pull out.

Hey team-mate, you better have run to lap 47 or our points this week are gonna suck! :sly:

-SHig

eatsviper4lunch
You don't have to post on that second forum, the important thing is to have the series info on a second host. Simple as that.

When I came to the Fórum,last Friday and I could not saw the race specifications,I thought ,I've blewed it.Fortunatly I was wrong about the time sending dead line( Thought it was Saturday)because I did had an error in my number of laps and I've reached to solve it with your help.
Some of us ,like me,only have time to play on Weekends,and it's good to have a 2nd database:)

hey, did a time, pit stradegy was this, i didnt work out the best stradegy, but i just enjoyed racing it all the way with softs;)

1/6
7/12
13/18
19/24
25/30
31/36
37/42
42/47

so thats a 7 stop stradegy....

holl01
hey, did a time, pit stradegy was this, i didnt work out the best stradegy, but i just enjoyed racing it all the way with softs;)

1/6
7/12
13/18
19/24
25/30
31/36
37/42
42/47

and no time what so ever sent?

Ricfight
When I came to the Fórum,last Friday and I could not saw the race specifications,I thought ,I've blewed it.Fortunatly I was wrong about the time sending dead line( Thought it was Saturday)because I did had an error in my number of laps and I've reached to solve it with your help.
Some of us ,like me,only have time to play on Weekends,and it's good to have a 2nd database
If you're an IE user, on page 1 of the race thread when it's posted, File/Save As and select .mht. Then you always have the race info handy (if you use Netscape or Firefox or something else, don't ask me, you should know ;) )

holl01
Damn...your pit crew earned their pay :)

holl01

When I said more stops was better I didn't mean for you to take it so literally. :lol:

My stops.
Start - 9: RM/RS
Lap 9 - 17: RM/RS
Lap 17 - 25: RM/RS
Lap 25 - 33: RM/RS
Lap 33 - 41: RM/RS
Lap 41 - 47: RM/RS

I've been extremely busy this past week, so I basically didn't get to race at all, except for the two full pit strategy warm-ups I did last weekend on Saturday or something. Neither were fast, and neither should've been submitted, but I know that some points are better than none, so I submitted the better of the two. Not sure what laps I pitted on, haven't had time to watch the replay yet, barely had time to get the submission in...

I'll get my strategy posted later, I'm freaking wasted. And my car's STILL not done.

ejr_1

1 - 12 RH/RM
12 - 24 RH/RM
24 - 36 RH/RM

Hey Eric!

I'm GT300 and I shame you! :sly:

Fancy only being able to get to 12 laps on hard fronts? Sup with that?

My strategy was:

--pits--tyres(F/R)

L00-L13 RM/RS
L13-L26 RM/RS
L26-L39 RM/RS
L39-L47 RS/RS

And before anyone asks, yes my tyre wear setting was/is on strong!

That's right, mediums do go 13 laps on this car and track combo!
If I had put hard's on, like I did at the start of the week, I could get 18-20 laps out of them. Also this was a compromise setup, of sorts, was getting 14-16 laps out of the mediums, but by pushing a little harder and pitting 2-3 laps earlier my time came down by 30 seconds at least.

Smooth with a capital SSMMOOOOO! :P

No penalties, no off's,no spins

Neil

I could only get 12 out of the fron on hard tyres as well.

Its probably the car though. The honda is more front heavy than the rx7. I went with 12 lap stints because it was a good number to go into 47.

I could get 14 laps out of hard up front but what would be the point in that other than to do a sprint finish on softs. I found this way quiker.

So any way

1-12 RH/RM
13-24 RH/RM
25-36 RH/RM
37-47 RH/RM

L00-L12Stop 1 RH/RM
L13-L24 Stop2 RH/RM
L25-L36 Stop3 RH/RM
L37-L47 RH/RM

No penalties, no off's,no spins

After my 9th lap with each tyres set,the S2000 had no tyres at front.:guilty: Maybe I'll have to change my way of driving.

Casio
When I said more stops was better I didn't mean for you to take it so literally. :lol:

My stops.
Start - 9: RM/RS
Lap 9 - 17: RM/RS
Lap 17 - 25: RM/RS
Lap 25 - 33: RM/RS
Lap 33 - 41: RM/RS
Lap 41 - 47: RM/RS

usually softs all the way are a good thing, but to my car, the difference between softs and mediuns were not worth the gamble. my time with 6 pits was 10 seconds slower than the time i had with 4 pits...

too bad the server was down in the weekend... with the extra time to the deadline, results will be up a little later...

and holl, that´s a great time with that many pits... mind sharing your best lap? i´m sure its 1´02 something... with your unofficial time, that means you are in very good shape to round 2... lets see how it turns out...

my best was a 1'03.363 with a drafting effort on the last straight, looking forward to future events and a more challenging circuit, midfeild is fun yet too easy

Back