JGTC S3 Round 1 Race + Results

the ? about the replay was a noob ? I haven't tried saving a run yet and was wondering when I hit save replay, what gets saved ? What am I turning in ? and what do I need to note that isn't in the replay ?

ok, so there were a few ?'s I had about replay submissions :confused:

Ran a couple of different sets today. First run was barely under the limit. Tire wear, who knew ? ... different style of racing from WRS ... Looking forward to the season and my education as a driver 👍

to the core of JGTC
thanks 👍

jctraduz
I don't know either. Had the same problem. someone told me to release space on MC1 and I made it work when I reached the 725 KB mark ...... can't help any further on this.

Limited RAM, limited HDD are the main reasons why it wont go for more than 40 min, I too have a huge mc and it does the same thing on a 8mb card 2.

jump_ace

Well that didnt go over so well. I'll have to put more time in on the next qualy's and I'll try and spend more time on the races too, I'll do one tonight and see how it goes. Sorry for the dbl post....

jump_ace

hey, didnt have any time to take part in race 1 due to easter, but will participate from now on, cheers

I hope everyone got it clear about the full-timers participation and what it implicates to join full-time. I give chances but do not abuse and loose my time. That's the #1 nono to do.

have managed a "banker" race time, but i should be able to knock over a minute off of it... will try so later in the week...

ballsed up my calculations and in fact my target was only to knock 30 seconds off, which i just came very close to, may submit it yet...

first try last night, lots of mistakes and penalties... just to get a clue for the race... went with 4 stops, i think more than that is a bit to much... maybe...

the tarmac seems to be very abrasive, as i got more tire wear than usual... also ih has a lot of squealing corners, with high levels of G force... like apricot hill, so lots of tire wear in the front in this kind of situation...

Took 10 seconds off my first attempt, gonna try a different tire / pit combo. Also gotta get a new Maxdrive, my 110 lb. puppy ate my USB stick, well he didn't actually eat it, he just destroyed it. I didn't even recognize it. Can you buy just the USB stick or do you have to buy the whole thing?

Drew22
Took 10 seconds off my first attempt, gonna try a different tire / pit combo. Also gotta get a new Maxdrive, my 110 lb. puppy ate my USB stick, well he didn't actually eat it, he just destroyed it. I didn't even recognize it. Can you buy just the USB stick or do you have to buy the whole thing?
You can use any pen drive, as long as you format it with the MAX PC software or with the FAT file system. It won't work if you format it with the FAT32 or NTFS file system.

Thanks man, that's what I needed to know. Now, if I can figure out how you format it.....hmmmm, Maxdrive is not the most user friendly device. I may need to have my almost fulltime computer guy help me. I'm still in the disabled lane of the information highway.
That's one reason I like older cars...no computer chips, I can actually recognize everything under the hood. I have an AcuraTL that I've looked under the hood only a handfull of times cause I don't recognize anything there. I'm not from the Computer generation.

jctraduz
You can use any pen drive, as long as you format it with the MAX PC software or with the FAT file system. It won't work if you format it with the FAT32 or NTFS file system.

Sweet! Good to know. I tried a standard jumpdrive and it recognized it, but couldn't save...

-Scott

fasj6418
first try last night, lots of mistakes and penalties... just to get a clue for the race... went with 4 stops, i think more than that is a bit to much... maybe...

the tarmac seems to be very abrasive, as i got more tire wear than usual... also ih has a lot of squealing corners, with high levels of G force... like apricot hill, so lots of tire wear in the front in this kind of situation...

That's an interesting comment. I found in my testing that I could probably do this race on only two stops, I got pretty good tyre wear.

Now to abuse hotboi for his "******" 3-stop strategy... :lol:

VTRacing

:lol:

damn, I thought you have to have a freaking max drive. I orderd 1 two weeks back, should be in the mail the next few day's. What a waste of money for 16mb. :grumpy:

IcemanGER
:lol:

damn, I thought you have to have a freaking max drive. I orderd 1 two weeks back, should be in the mail the next few day's. What a waste of money for 16mb. :grumpy:

You DO need the software though. That's what you're paying for.

-SHig

haha im using the "Champ Car" rules this season

1 set of Softs must be used, b4 the end of the race

so i guess i can get fast lap points too then :dopey:

SHigSpeed

-SHig

Well, the software shouldn't be a problem. You can pobably find it on the net if you search hard enough or one of the buddies around here could email it !?

hOt6o4bOi
haha im using the "Champ Car" rules this season

1 set of Softs must be used, b4 the end of the race

so i guess i can get fast lap points too then :dopey:

I think you could run RH's and still get fastest lap.....

SHigSpeed

-SHig

Well, the software shouldn't be a problem. You can pobably find it on the net if you search hard enough or one of the buddies around here could email it !?

SHigSpeed

-SHig

VTRacing
That's an interesting comment. I found in my testing that I could probably do this race on only two stops, I got pretty good tyre wear.

2 stops!!

Wow... 16 lap stints? You lose about 25 seconds on a pitstop plus a cold tire lap. So you're doing 3 stints on RH tires. Say you do a 16 lap stint on RH, and 3 stints on RM for 10/10/11 laps, you've gotta be able to go on average 0.8" faster per lap on RMs, right? Hmm...

Maybe not...

-SHig

Pit stops take 30 seconds from entry to exit (without a fuel top-up) + approx 4-5 seconds more lost on the out-lap. At least that's what I have found.

I'm managing to do 3 stoppers without touching hards at all, strange!:sly:

Neil

Ballstothewall
Pit stops take 30 seconds from entry to exit (without a fuel top-up) + approx 4-5 seconds more lost on the out-lap. At least that's what I have found.

I'm managing to do 3 stoppers without touching hards at all, strange!:sly:

Neil

25 seconds for a GT500 at this track. I timed from shadow to shadow (just before pit in and right before turn 1 in the braking zone) with and without stop... And I'd be hard pressed to do 12 laps on RM tires without really backing off. 11 on light fuel maybe...

-SHig

Aye, that sounds right for 500's, I'm talking about 300's.

Slower speeds both in and out of the pits for us slow-arsed buggers don't forget.

Neil

jctraduz
Eh? Really?!? So just format FAT16 and that would solve my problem! I assume I can format it back to FAT32 or NTFS later on?

SHigSpeed
2 stops!!

Wow... 16 lap stints? You lose about 25 seconds on a pitstop plus a cold tire lap. So you're doing 3 stints on RH tires. Say you do a 16 lap stint on RH, and 3 stints on RM for 10/10/11 laps, you've gotta be able to go on average 0.8" faster per lap on RMs, right? Hmm...

Maybe not...

-SHig

Well, I didn't say it would be faster...

Back