JrDarknes 240sx

• Thread starter JrDarknes
  • 331 comments
lemme tell you about about rice....
IMAG0245.jpg

I didnt know rice consisted of running a car with a JDM OEM bodykit, now:sly: Boy has that definition changed

I remember checking out this thread when it was first put up. Nice progress going on, I want to see pictures with everything installed already :P

I don't know, just feel like it is since the bucket seats and the future plans I'm do with it.

Thanks, yea I gotta wait to put the kit on because I got my first speeding ticket. For going 35 in a school zone. :(

image.jpg

Car is blowing white smoke and oil is spitting out valve cover gasket. Car is also having rough idle cause cylinder 1 is not running.

I had to replace valve cover gasket numerous times because it kept ripping. The last time I replaced the gasket, I assume I stripped the holes that holded the bolts. I was wondering why it wouldn't tighten. I thought I solved this with getting some bolts similar to it from the junkyard but this did not help. I tapped them with a 6 x 1.00 but nothing worked, it seemed like it made the thread worse or maybe I tapped it wrong??

I need to know what to do to be able to tighten the valve cover gasket. Is there any shop??

I need to get this fixed before I can figure out how I can start running on 4 cylinders again instead of 3.

Just saw the last updates. Coming a long way. Nice kit. Nice tails and seats, too. You're going in the right direction.

Headgasket?

Car is blowing white smoke and oil is spitting out valve cover gasket. Car is also having rough idle cause cylinder 1 is not running.

I had to replace valve cover gasket numerous times because it kept ripping. The last time I replaced the gasket, I assume I stripped the holes that holded the bolts. I was wondering why it wouldn't tighten. I thought I solved this with getting some bolts similar to it from the junkyard but this did not help. I tapped them with a 6 x 1.00 but nothing worked, it seemed like it made the thread worse or maybe I tapped it wrong??

I need to know what to do to be able to tighten the valve cover gasket. Is there any shop??

I need to get this fixed before I can figure out how I can start running on 4 cylinders again instead of 3.

When the valve cover is breaking, is it in the same place? It seems odd that it would keep breaking without being caught when tightening down. You're definitely tightening down in the correct manner?

Should be fine if you tap the thread correctly. That's the problem with aluminium heads and steel bolts, they don't react to well to constant removal and refitting. All you can do is make sure you follow the correct torque specs and tightening pattern.

Last edited:
Have you check your injectors? Or check your ECU for codes.
It's the first injector for a fact. I just need to fix the oil leak first. Before it gets worse.

Just saw the last updates. Coming a long way. Nice kit. Nice tails and seats, too. You're going in the right direction.

Headgasket?
I'm hoping not but I'm pretty sure it's the injector. When I take out the plug it has no effect on the idle.

When the valve cover is breaking, is it in the same place? It seems odd that it would keep breaking without being caught when tightening down. You're definitely tightening down in the correct manner?

Should be fine if you tap the thread correctly. That's the problem with aluminium heads and steel bolts, they don't react to well to constant removal and refitting. All you can do is make sure you follow the correct torque specs and tightening pattern.

No it finally stopped ripping on the third time, but it wasent fully pressured on since the bolts are tightened. I called my dad, he said order this helicoil thing and he's gonna do it for me.

I'm sure I wasent following torque specs.

It's the first injector for a fact. I just need to fix the oil leak first. Before it gets worse.

I'm hoping not but I'm pretty sure it's the injector. When I take out the plug it has no effect on the idle.

No it finally stopped ripping on the third time, but it wasent fully pressured on since the bolts are tightened. I called my dad, he said order this helicoil thing and he's gonna do it for me.

I'm sure I wasent following torque specs.

Helicoil is a threaded insert for thread repair. It's pretty much the most robust way of mending them so it should fix the bolt hole nicely. 👍

Helicoil is a threaded insert for thread repair. It's pretty much the most robust way of mending them so it should fix the bolt hole nicely. 👍

Ok thanks, I really do appreciate the help guys.

I haven't been getting good sleep because of this ={

Might as well update this before it gets sent to get painted. Kinda got tired of the gray anyway.

Well I finally got a decent steering wheel for now. Personal Marine.
image.jpg

image.jpg

I also finally got the chance to try to put the kit on, unfortunately I couldn't take the R-bar off so I decided I will let the professionals do it.
image.jpg

Used tape to hold on skirts til I could find metal screws and a drill.
image.jpg

So I'm sitting like this now till I have a ride to work while it's getting painted. Since the land cruiser is acting funny.

image.jpg

Are you going to drive with gloves from now on?
Because with that steering wheel you should now :lol:
Don't know how long it holds the white without it? Real leather?

Are you going to drive with gloves from now on?
Because with that steering wheel you should now :lol:
Don't know how long it holds the white without it? Real leather?

Polyurethane with a waterproof coat on it.

It's actually a light grey but the pictures (even unedited) show it looking white. I don't think it should get dirty quick.

But you may be right, I might have to wear gloves. We will see =|.

Did you find that wheel on Zilvia? I remember seeing one just like that for sale not too long ago and thought it was pretty cool and unique.

As for the rear bumper. If you lift the rear carpet hatch, you will see four 17mm bolts. Those four bolts hold the bumper support on. In the quarter panel area (on both sides of the car, inside the little area thing), there are three or four 10mm bolts on each side holding the bumper cover to the body of the car. Undo those 10mm bolts, then do the four 17mm bolts (these ones are on TIGHT, I had a tough time getting them off with a breaker bar, gotta be a man), and your bumper support/bumper should be off. And the rear bumper cover is on the rear bumper support by 5 or 6 10mm bolts.

Did you find that wheel on Zilvia? I remember seeing one just like that for sale not too long ago and thought it was pretty cool and unique.

As for the rear bumper. If you lift the rear carpet hatch, you will see four 17mm bolts. Those four bolts hold the bumper support on. In the quarter panel area (on both sides of the car, inside the little area thing), there are three or four 10mm bolts on each side holding the bumper cover to the body of the car. Undo those 10mm bolts, then do the four 17mm bolts (these ones are on TIGHT, I had a tough time getting them off with a breaker bar, gotta be a man), and your bumper support/bumper should be off. And the rear bumper cover is on the rear bumper support by 5 or 6 10mm bolts.

Yup Zilvia, thought it was pretty unique from all the other personals.

I don't plan on getting a rear bumper but thanks for the heads up. Not even sure if I want the valances but it's kinda too late since it's already getting painted.

Yup Zilvia, thought it was pretty unique from all the other personals.

I don't plan on getting a rear bumper but thanks for the heads up. Not even sure if I want the valances but it's kinda too late since it's already getting painted.
Ohhh I thought you said you needed to take yours off. My bad. I think you should at least get valances. What color?

Ohhh I thought you said you needed to take yours off. My bad. I think you should at least get valances. What color?

Originally wanted white with black roof but it's all just going to be white.

Yea I might, maybe next year.

Wow!!

So much more hyped about painting my R white after seeing this!

Looks good.

Did they painted your cables white too? Now that's service :lol:

Awesome car 👍

Looks good.

Did they painted your cables white too? Now that's service :lol:

Awesome car 👍

I must admit I'm surprised they didn't mask behind the vents, that's pretty unprofessional.

Well they didn't seem to have stripped the car a lot, if even, but if the taping was done meticulously, it should look decent.
And seeing the side indicator, it seems like it's okay. I guess it was also a budget question and that is very understandable.

The car has a good owner that seems to care about it,that's always good and important, more than budget.

I must admit I'm surprised they didn't mask behind the vents, that's pretty unprofessional.

It's maaco so yea loll. It's where I got my last two paint jobs.

@Ibonibo yea unfortunately they did but doesn't matter, have to untape it and wire my turning signals.

Back