JrDarknes 240sx

• Thread starter JrDarknes
  • 331 comments
Awww. I love the car without it.
What are you looking at getting?

Just this one.
104226-7.jpg

Please don't tell me you paid that much for a fiberglass poor fitting bumper. You can pick up a oem plastic one that will fit better than anything aftermarket you can buy for that much.

Please don't tell me you paid that much for a fiberglass poor fitting bumper. You can pick up a oem plastic one that will fit better than anything aftermarket you can buy for that much.

Yup, unfortunately I didn't know that.

I like how you're going with this car, clean and non-rice. Keep up the good work! It's rare to see an unslaughtered 240.

Thanks

Have the Vis Racing Type X replica front bumper, Chuki sideskirts and type x wing. Might get the valances just not sure for personal reasons
2dam89v.jpg

Also the other day I was suppose to buy a uncracked dash for 25 dollars but it failed. He couldn't come through with the deal twice. So while I was around the area I decided to take a pic.
image.jpg

Last edited:
Looks awesome man! Are you also putting Red tint like PB?

I'm not sure if it's tint but yea. I got a vinyal wrap that's transparent. It's suppose to go over baskets with gifts and stuff

My motivation lol. White car has similar style I'm heading towards.

image.jpg

That's truly rare to see a stock SX this clean where I live. They have such poor condition due to horrible climate, you have to literally build it from the ground.
It does look really nice, making me wish for another SX just to be able to have it pure stock. :)

You're doing the right thing with your car, thumbs up for you, man! :)

Ok, so It started to warm up a tad bit after this terrible winter. So I decided I would get started on putting all my stuff on my car.

First were to get some tires for the wheels.
image.jpg

Then to lower my car, so when I put the new wheels on it can look sexy. Well since my Coilovers aren't really well known and suggested, I didn't think my car would go so low. So I didn't think I would need to do the the trick to avoid the rubbing harness.

Well I was wrong.
image.jpg

That day I had just lowered the front, using a hammer and flat head. Was way lower than I expected, and was rubbing the harness badly. So I had to use take and tape the harness to a angle so it wouldn't rub with the tire. I thought I would be cool til I had time to take off the fender. So now I go over my friends house and we work on the rear Coilovers.
image.jpg

Later to realize the rear right Coilovers could only go down a certain height before stopping so it couldn't be dropped.

I finally get to the fender and fixed the harness rub.
image.jpg

image.jpg

Then lastly I get my tires on my wheels and I head over my friends house to put them on. This is where I get very sad.

Well we put the wheels on, we get ready to head out but while heading out my car makes this wierd noise. It's like a huge moan or something. We loosen the lug nuts then pop the hood and I loosen the top of the Coilovers, its little bolt. We try reversing and the noise stops, buttt I forgot to tighten those lugs.... So while leaving his house my front tire falls and it messes up my driver side fender ={{{. I wish it could have been my front bumper cause u have one in the basement....

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

well live and learn I guess.. lookin good tho! 👍
Yea, and I think I kinda understand why I shouldn't have high offset. My wheels are rubbing my Coilovers so I had to order spacers ={.

Also I'm almost done fixing the fender but I'm still going to buy a new one to replace just cause.
image.jpg

While I wait for my spacer arrived I decided to do my interior so it looks a little bit cleaner.

First was to start with the carpet. I wanted it too look a lot cleaner and wanted it to be black. So I decided to take out the seats and clean it up a bit.
image.jpg

image.jpg

Did done vacumming and steam cleaning.
image.jpg
image.jpg

Then finally I got to dying it black.
image.jpg

Looks hella better now. I was going to put in the bride seats but I bought the wrong brackets ={. So I had to order some new ones and try to sell my current ones along with the sliders.

Hopefully my new brackets come before Saturday because that's cars n coffee =].

Seats look fantastic! How do they compare comfortwise to your old ones?

Seeing your carpet photos again has given me an idea. How many cans of dye did you use and how many coats did you do for the carpet?

Seats look fantastic! How do they compare comfortwise to your old ones?

Seeing your carpet photos again has given me an idea. How many cans of dye did you use and how many coats did you do for the carpet?

They feel a lot better, just really snug.

I only used two cans and one coat on each side. It really depends on how you hold the can though and shaking it a few times.

Yeah, I would think that's what your shooting for, especially since you will be planted.

Ever consider taking it to an Autocross? You would have a blast.

Yea I've thought about it but I wanna upgrade my suspension before any of that, I just plan on taking it to Putnam Park again this September.

Yeah, I would think that's what your shooting for, especially since you will be planted.

Naw this car is basically rice written all over it. Just shooting for looks.

If I was shooting for that stuff, I wouldn't waste my time on a kit and would of bought better suspension parts.

I didnt know rice consisted of running a car with a JDM OEM bodykit, now:sly: Boy has that definition changed

I remember checking out this thread when it was first put up. Nice progress going on, I want to see pictures with everything installed already :P

Back