Kaido Battle 3 : 4 MIN. INGAME VIDEO !!! LOOK !!! (Update #7)

• Thread starter Max_DC
  • 252 comments
I think all KB games using their own music
that's why they release an album of KB2
it seems Genki is a big fan of S15
its in the intro movie of all 3 games
maybe NOB forced them to do so :)

Some nice mountains (took from KBForums.net)!

kb3.jpg

I missed out on KB2, I dont want to miss out on this. It looks so cool. And anyone who doesnt have a modchip, the Swap Disc really does work well. I havent tried it on imported games yet, but I have on burnt ones. And it doesnt take that long. Waiting for 15 seconds is better than paying $100. I remeber I got my Swap Disc because CAMAROBOY69 recommened it, and Im really happy with mine.

franz
it seems Genki is a big fan of S15
its in the intro movie of all 3 games
maybe NOB forced them to do so :)

SPOILERS!!! (highlight to read):

That red S15 is the very same S15 from all the three KB games. In KB1, you play this mystery racer defeats him. After his defeat; in KB2, he trains that blue RX-7 FD for vengeance? Anyway, he's the very same S15 in KB Touge no Densetsu still seeking for vengeance I think. As for the Emotional King, I don't know if he is the S15 or not because the events that happened in the story doesn't fit appropriately with the S15.

I gotta say, this game is not serious at all! Sure, it has one of the nicest graphics I have ever seeing in a game, but cars' body-movements and ... those HUGE and LOOONG drifts are just impossible to believe! I know it's an acade, but compare to NFS, it's not very promising...

btw, memo to Genki: Do not use LOVE (in the intro 2 horses running a little too close *hint* and girls singing in the background) as your racing theme because it is very very wrong!

NSX-R
I gotta say, this game is not serious at all! Sure, it has one of the nicest graphics I have ever seeing in a game, but cars' body-movements and ... those HUGE and LOOONG drifts are just impossible to believe! I know it's an acade, but compare to NFS, it's not very promising...

btw, memo to Genki: Do not use LOVE (in the intro 2 horses running a little too close *hint* and girls singing in the background) as your racing theme because it is very very wrong!

Nicest grafics ever seen? I don't think so, but having played KB 1 and 2 I have to say that the game gets really addicting ... Well, it is arcade, but as much as you might think; It is in between arcade and simulation....
Love and passion for cars... where is you problem with that?

MRP
SPOILERS!!! (highlight to read):

That red S15 is the very same S15 from all the three KB games. In KB1, you play this mystery racer defeats him. After his defeat; in KB2, he trains that blue RX-7 FD for vengeance? Anyway, he's the very same S15 in KB Touge no Densetsu still seeking for vengeance I think. As for the Emotional King, I don't know if he is the S15 or not because the events that happened in the story doesn't fit appropriately with the S15.

I couldn't finish both game ... so I have no idea with the storyline
same goes to Tokyo xtreme racer series
btw ... the intro S15 in KB1 really was Nobuteru Taniguchi's old drift car (2002 D1 I guess)
but in KB2 and KB3 ... those stickers are gone ... so I couldn't say the red S15 in KB2 and KB3 belongs to Nobuteru anymore

Has anybody still got the KB movies where they showed how the tracks were created by driving along them with that specially rigged car with lasers and cams?

Would be really, really interested to get my hands on that again.

Satorian
Has anybody still got the KB movies where they showed how the tracks were created by driving along them with that specially rigged car with lasers and cams?

Would be really, really interested to get my hands on that again.

Yeah, I still have it

Click here

Max_DC
Nicest grafics ever seen? I don't think so, but having played KB 1 and 2 I have to say that the game gets really addicting ... Well, it is arcade, but as much as you might think; It is in between arcade and simulation....
Love and passion for cars... where is you problem with that?

I meant the intro where the yellow nsx and the blue gtr looked amazing...btw, that is NOT love and passion for cars, that's more like...connection between cars or racers...gross!

NSX-R
I meant the intro where the yellow nsx and the blue gtr looked amazing...btw, that is NOT love and passion for cars, that's more like...connection between cars or racers...gross!

That is metaphoric thing, you need to know japanese culture to understand this i think, I think you get this totally wrong...
You know they implement certain atributes like passion, honor, revenge etc into the game and this might seem a little strange for many westerners... however just watch the video, and you'll forge about that issue immediately: awesome vid....

franz
you can check the engine power curve ... that's a nice feature
anyone notice this screenshot? I have never seen cones this BIG
http://www.watch.impress.co.jp/game/docs/20050629/kaido12.htm

:lol: Indeed

god i hope thy fix up the handling
the handlign is horrible !!!
especially in C1 grand prix
at least you couldnt notice it so much in shutokou battle 01

NeoKyo
god i hope thy fix up the handling
the handlign is horrible !!!
especially in C1 grand prix
at least you couldnt notice it so much in shutokou battle 01

I don't think that KB series, Shut. Highw. Battle series and C1 are made by the same team (within Genki) ...

The handling /grafics etc are always a little different...

The game seem really impressive. But I wonder if the game control is good... Though I don't care, because there's no console game here that offer real japanese touge track..:yuck:

Mr Deap
I really want to know Akina.(know most of the gutter)
Here the most important gutter on mt-akina!

Akina1copy.jpg

Initial D's Akina (Haruna in real life) was featured in the two previous KB games. But the gutters couldn't be used in sharp corners.

Back