Kaido Battle 3 : 4 MIN. INGAME VIDEO !!! LOOK !!! (Update #7)

• Thread starter Max_DC
  • 252 comments
Kaido battle 3 is possibly the best game out there of the sort
thanx Genki for making another great racing project

I have just bought this game and I am waiting for it to arrive from japan
I have a north american PS2 and am using the swapmagic slide card

If anyone can tell me ahead of time how to play the game since i do not know anything in japanese then email me at getbusyhomie@yahoo.com

thanx to all and especially Genki Racing Project for yet another great title

I got my copy from www.play-asia.com
thats the best site to buy new games from

Man is it hard to drift in this version of the game, sports tyres are way too grippy to loose traction with. I can't seem to find a comprimise of ballanced oversteer and smack straight into the wall oversteer.

My First car is a Nissan Gazelle Turbo (S12 chassis), which was badged as a Silvia in England.

draw_de
Yep!, it will work. I've been doing it ever since i got the game ^^.
You have to take the front panel off tho, the panel with the ps2 logo on it

I have a Slimline. What with those? Do I *have* to buy a fliptop, or is there a DIY way?

I bought a AE86 Trueno ( Toyota ) and I'm happy with it ... just needs a sports suspension ( rear : hard as possible, front a little softer ) and rain tires lv. 1 on rear tires and normal sports tires on front : perfect drifts ! You could als think of adding a turbo....

I started with the AE85 Trueno and it is true it is harder to drift especially witht the dfp.But after a while You get used to it and start to get the hang of it.Max thanx for the settings gonna try it now on my car.,

I started with a CRX, that got me up to finishing Akagi (I couldn't win CA races for crap in the CRX), then I bought a Starion (Yay!) And I'm up to finishing Nikko. It's not time for a new car yet.

Anyway. What tires work best on the dirt? I'm running Sports level 5, and they work better than racing tires on dirt (It's almost undrivable on dirt with racing tires) But the Sports tires still make the car slide around a little bit too much.

But let's not forget the car is 374PS :)

I started off with the CRX as well. I've learned to use the handbrake well enough to do most of the CA challenges though. I've started racing the 13 devils and stuff and it's still the only car I've been using.

The AI in the game is still pretty weaksauce, but I am having trouble beating the hi gambler NSX in Nikko I think. I can get enough drift points but I'm not fast enough. I'll wait til I unlock the FD before I buy a new car.

If you don't have the FD unlocked, then you haven't raced VS the 13 devils.

They haven't even shown up for me yet, and I've seen the credits on 2 different occasions.

Slashers are NOT the 13 Devils. As far as I know, they're Kingdom Twelve.. But I don't know Japanese for anything, so I could be off.

So anyway, since my last post, I've: Seen the credits twice. As I said. One for beating the last guy on Zao, Absolute Emperor, and again for beating the last guy on Aso, Miracles Summit. Blah blah blah, as soon as I got to Zao I had to get a different car than the Starion, everything killed me in the straights. Bought a Supra MKIV, waste of money, undrivable POS. So I bought a Garaiya. Blah blah blah SPOILER: I bought an Evo 8 once I unlocked the dirt course, Hokkaido, that follows further along.

I haven't seen a single 13 Devils car, as far as I know.

But, Spoiler: I have seen many a Twenty Masters car. :)

Big Edit: I'm looking at a Thirteen Devils RX7 right now. Yea, they show up way later than normal Slashers. You haven't raced vs one.
Edit #2: The RX7 said "Jackknife" on it. Trader Jackknife from TXR series!
Anyway I ate his face with the Garaiya.

The names? Made up "Company" names. The parts, as a whole, make different combinations, which can lead to different results.

My Garayia has "CRITICAL!" under the turbo parts, and my Evo 8 has "Moderate" under the engine parts.

I'm still waiting for my Garaiya to blow up.

I have a Sil80 and MistaX doesn't.
attachment.php

Can i ask a piece of advice, i want to play this game and d1gp, is there a plug in chip or no solder chip that i can use on older ps2's that will play these games?

stupidmsm
Can i ask a piece of advice, i want to play this game and d1gp, is there a plug in chip or no solder chip that i can use on older ps2's that will play these games?

If you have an X-Port/Max drive, PS2 network adapter and a compatible HDD and PS1 game you should be able to run the game from a HDD.

You can playing it by uploading the image of the DVD to your pc as an iso image with an app like DVD decrypter.

If you want to set up your PS2 to run HDD loader, I advise you visit Exploitstation which has lots of guides and such to run games off HDD.

That's untrue. I bought a Onevia.

I have a Citroen Xsara Rally Car and Brett doesn't.
attachment.php

MistaX
That's untrue. I bought a Onevia.

I have a Citroen Xsara Rally Car and Brett doesn't.
attachment.php

So did it appear again? What colour did you get it in?

Oh and I don't like the Citroen Xsara Rally car. :grumpy:

Race Idiot
So did it appear again? What colour did you get it in?

Oh and I don't like the Citroen Xsara Rally car. :grumpy:

It came in crap purple. So I painted it.

MistaX
It came in crap purple. So I painted it.

I got both cars in the same dull gray, now the Sil80 is Blue and the One Via is white. I'm gonna save for the R5 Turbo that has appeared in the used lot now.

Hey Mista X Can you tell me how know when u unlock new car parts is it in the same way as KB2 because im still on the beginning and am wondering if i unlocked any parts that i dont know of. I use a AE85 trueno with a bolt on turbo stock settings it drifts like a beauty.

STiDrifT
Hey Mista X Can you tell me how know when u unlock new car parts is it in the same way as KB2 because im still on the beginning and am wondering if i unlocked any parts that i dont know of. I use a AE85 trueno with a bolt on turbo stock settings it drifts like a beauty.

Parts just seem to be unlocked when you clear stages. After I beat Haruna I got the level 2 engine mods, level 3 turbo stuff and some other misc stuff like brakes/weight reduction.

You have to race to unlock certain parts as well.

The AI is pretty weak, especially on the corners, but that hasn't stopped me from owning myself. On dirt especially.

bgFish
You have to race to unlock certain parts as well.

The AI is pretty weak, especially on the corners, but that hasn't stopped me from owning myself. On dirt especially.

Oh ok I suppose it happens later in the game, but the only parts i've won are ones that are already available in the shop.

I know what you mean about the bloody gravel sections.

Me: Victory is assured, especially with these handy race tyres!
Ai person: Oh noes he is so far ahead of me, how will I win?
*Random gravel section out of ****ing nowhere*
Me: Damn you random gravel section!
Ai person (rapidly closing a 100m gap): That will learn you to not use sports tyres constantly.
Me:
attachment.php

I have a 1039PS Audi RS6 and no one else does
attachment.php

Who cares that it's the absolute worst handling car I have, and that its an utter pile of garbage.

It's still 1039 PS

Nice, so that's the best combination for each engine type.

Crap, now i'm going to have to re part my cars. :grumpy:

Why they called it critcal I don't know, it makes it out like your car is gonna a-splode.

Oh yeah I got the R5 turbo II and it's fantastic, the damn thing is perfect on the gravel sections. I managed to school a Subaru Legacy with it.

I haven't seen it yet.
I bought a Fiat Abarth 1000TCR.

The best Gymkhana car I've driven yet. Just short of 300PS and it's 500KG

Oh yeah I found out if you put wet tyres on the rear of the car in the dry you get sod all traction. It's fantastic for drifting, well apart from when your in the wet.

Back