Karelian MotorWorks - Updated with Racing Elise!

• Thread starter Temetias.
  • 220 comments
Neat! But can I ask, did you nick that layout from RKM? :lol: :dopey: It looks remarkably similar :D

I thought someone will ask that sooner or later... Yes, I got the idea of easy requests from them. I tried to make it somehow differently but that was the only way to make it work. Hopefully RJ and Roj wont go :mad:... But it still consists a lot of different kind of info than their version and I think it's not so big deal that the look similar.

I thought someone will ask that sooner or later... Yes, I got the idea of easy requests from them. I tried to make it somehow differently but that was the only way to make it work. Hopefully RJ and Roj wont go :mad:... But it still consists a lot of different kind of info than their version and I think it's not so big deal that the look similar.

Oh don't worry, I know more than enough about Roj to say that he's nice/stupid enough to let you 'take' it. You might want to ask though, just in case. RJ is a bit…ok, not a bit, very, defensive when it comes to borrowing things…

NrburgringNordschleife-1.jpg

KMW-Racing Elise '11
Based on Lotus Elise '96

Cape Ring South Laptime: 1'11.177

Facts
Displacement: 1796 cc
Max. Power: 266 BHP / 7400 rpm
Max. Torque: 27 kgfm / 6400 rpm
Drivetrain: MR
Weight: 645 kg
Power to Weight Ratio: 2.42 kg/BHP
Performance Points: 575

Parts to buy

GT Auto
Oil Change
Wheels "ENKEI RC-T2"
Racing Modifications

Tuning Shop
Engine Tuning Stage 3
Sports ECU
Sports Intake Manifold
Racing Air Filter
Sports Exhaust Manifold
Sports Catalytic Converter
High RPM Range Turbo Kit
Fully Customisable Transmission
Twin Plate Clutch
Semi Racing Flywheel
Fully Customisable LSD
Fully Customisable Suspension Kit
Racing Soft Tyres

Setup

Body / Chassis
Aerodynamics

Downforce: 20 / 36

Transmission
Transmission

(set in this order, first default the settings)
1st: 3.127
2nd: 2.241
3rd: 1.792
4th: 1.466
5th: 1.189
Final: 3.367 (adjust freely for track)
Max Speed: Don't touch!

Drivetrain
Limited Slip Didderential

Initial Torque: 10
Acceleration Sensitivity: 33
Braking Sensitivity: 38

Suspension
Suspension

Ride Height Adjustment (mm): 0 / -8
Spring Rate (kgf/mm): 5.0 / 6.0
Dampers (extension): 3 / 4
Dampers (compression): 4 / 4
Anti-Roll Bars: 1 / 1
Camber Angle (-): 1.3 / 0.7
Toe Angle: 0.10 / -0.30

Brakes
Brake Balance Controller

Brake Balance: 3 / 2

Driving Options
Transmission: MT (recommended)
TCS: OFF (recommended)
Skid Recovery Force: OFF
Active Steering: OFF
ASM: OFF
ABS: 1

Onboy123 requested "a car", and this is what he got. :)

Remember The Racing Elise from our GT4 garage? No, you propably don't, we didn't get a single review of it back then. But this one is meant to take its place in our GT5 garage. I was quite disapointed when I first drove the stock model. It was a "wannabe online king's car" which could be tossed into a corner without any respect and it delivered quite nice results. You always see a Elise RM in an online race with 570pp and you always see them driven quite recklessly, don't you? But not this one. What I did? I gave it teeth! It'll now bite back like a proper race car. It doesn't want you to abuse it anymore. If you treat it with respect though, it'll show you what grip really means. It's even stiffer, rigid and aggressive than the stock model and the corner speeds it manages are just :drool:. And by the way, I didn't even hit the kerb when taking the picture! It's repainted too. It got some classic british racing green(-ish) paint on it and a set of bare magnesium(-ish) wheels. It's meant to remind you that this car has some history too.

Warning: Only for good condition race track usage! Taking this car to Nurburgring or any other bumpy surface may result in severe spine injury caused by the jumpy ride.

Just curious could I get a GT500 Lexus SC430 Petronas tune? I'm looking for a car with controllable oversteer that provides fast corner exits with a decent straight line speed. I also need it with in the range of 1100 kg @ 505 Hp.

Just curious could I get a GT500 Lexus SC430 Petronas tune? I'm looking for a car with controllable oversteer that provides fast corner exits with a decent straight line speed. I also need it with in the range of 1100 kg @ 505 Hp.

I'm guessing, probably rightly, the answer is no. Not everyone who tunes here are like RVR. Some would rather you 'work' to get the rewards. Just so you know, there's no such thing as free lunch in the world. Everything has a price :) Anyways, the final decision is up to Temetias & co.

*and calm down*

^ was that too long a ramble?

Sorry, but I really don't have intrest in tuning a JGTC Lexus just for fun. But writing a review might just change it. ;)

I'm guessing, probably rightly, the answer is no. Not everyone who tunes here are like RVR. Some would rather you 'work' to get the rewards. Just so you know, there's no such thing as free lunch in the world. Everything has a price :) Anyways, the final decision is up to Temetias & co.

*and calm down*

^ was that too long a ramble?

Rambling is one thing...but being a smart ass is on another plane really. I know there isn't such a thing as free lunch but when you have other tuners that do this with out some type of reward and just for sheer R&D purposes or for fun, I thought I'd ask. Next time a simple "it doesn't work like that here" would suffice, but if you feel the need to ramble then I suppose you will :sly:. Also I've tried to tune the car and I do much better racing than tunning hence why I thought I'd give this tune shop a try rather than RVR which seems to really have too much understeer.

Peace, brothers.

Temetias, about that mysterious sedan you've got under the covers in a corner of a garage... I heard you driving it out the front door the other day, and I reckon it's a V10. Two can play that game buddy, stand by for my soccer-mum wagon that will eat it for breakfast :mischievous:

Rambling is one thing...but being a smart ass is on another plane really. I know there isn't such a thing as free lunch but when you have other tuners that do this with out some type of reward and just for sheer R&D purposes or for fun, I thought I'd ask. Next time a simple "it doesn't work like that here" would suffice, but if you feel the need to ramble then I suppose you will :sly:. Also I've tried to tune the car and I do much better racing than tunning hence why I thought I'd give this tune shop a try rather than RVR which seems to really have too much understeer.

Ok, I'm sorry, I got really carried away there…I hate weird and very sudden personality changes…

Peace, brothers.

Temetias, about that mysterious sedan you've got under the covers in a corner of a garage... I heard you driving it out the front door the other day, and I reckon it's a V10. Two can play that game buddy, stand by for my soccer-mum wagon that will eat it for breakfast :mischievous:

Am I allowed to take a guess? If I am, I'd say…BMW M5 AND AUDI RS6 AVANT ofsomeyear!!! :D And well……I don't think this picture will be complete though…we're still lacking something………a AMG. :D

Peace, brothers.

...So you can even take your dog with you to watch my taillights disappear in the horizon... ;)

Am I allowed to take a guess? If I am, I'd say…BMW M5 AND AUDI RS6 AVANT ofsomeyear!!! :D And well……I don't think this picture will be complete though…we're still lacking something………a AMG. :D
Gold star for you, my friend.

As you wish, we'll look at including a G55 AMG ;)

Nomis, guess what I just bought? An Alfa Romeo 155 TI DTM hyper-nutter-rev-happy-lunatic Race Car :D If you want, I'll put it on share and you can use the new permanent borrow glitch to get it and tune it :D I don't like glitching, but when it's used for the benefit of others, I guess it's acceptable…

Onboy, that is a super-kind offer, thanks heaps. If it doesn't come up soon, I'll take you up on it. But you'll need a 155 Ti DTM hyper-so-much-fun-it-should-be-illegal car to use my tune on :D, so see if I can get my own first instead.

In other news, the "Autobahn Enforcers" are very close to being released. Teemu and I did an online tuning session the other day, all I've seen of his M5 was it spearing off backwards at regular intervals. So I have a suspicion that he's brewing up a monster over there...

BMW Z4 R Review

Only just discovered this site and fairly new to all this review stuff.

Just thought I would give your BMW Z4 tune ago as I had one lying about in the back of my garage looking very neglected.
Hopped in it and realised it had 0 miles.

Straight to the tuning shop and fitted your modifications.

Decided to then take it out as it was on Cape Ring South to try and compare to your time.

The car handles very well overall, not too much skittishness under braking, even with 2 ABS selected as oppossed to 3. It tended to struggle slight with turn in, not sure if its because of my driving style.
It just didnt seem to slow down quite enough. I kept at it and slowly began to find a balance. The key was to brake very hard then almost chuck the car in.

This allowed me to take corners alot quicker than i had been and meant my exit was much faster and the car was less likely to oversteer when planting the throttle.
It still had a bit too much wheelspin when exiting a corner for my liking so I did lower the LSDs acceleration down to 45.
Seem to suit me more that way.

Overall its a very good car. I havent fully mess about with it and tested it on other tracks but at first glance it is a very capable car and great fun to drive.
Feels planted through the bends and changes direction fairly well through the twisting sections.

Only issue is the turn in which is slightly affecting other areas such as cornering speeds but once i have had a slight play I might be able to get it suited to my driving style, which is probably more of the problem than the tune.

Good work guys!

AudiRS6.jpg

KMW Wagon++ '11
Based on Audi RS6 Avant '08
Tuned for v1.10 offline (it will suck online). Updated 28/8/11.

Laguna Seca Laptime: 1:23.1
Cape Ring South Laptime: 1:12.1

Facts
Displacement: 4991 cc
Max. Power: 956 BHP / 7400 rpm
Max. Torque: 96 kgfm / 6900 rpm
Drivetrain: 4WD
Weight: 1524 kg
Power to Weight Ratio: 1.59 kg/BHP
Performace Points: 633

Parts to buy

GT Auto
Oil Change
Wing "Type A"

Tuning Shop
Chassis Weight Reduction Stage 3
Window Weight Reduction
Carbon Bonnet (Body Colour)
Engine Tuning Stage 3
Sports ECU
Sports Intake Manifold
Racing Air Filter
Titanium Racing Exhaust
Sports Exhaust Manifold
Sports Catalytic Converter
High RPM Turbo Kit
Fully Customisable Transmission
Carbon Propeller Shaft
Fully Customisable LSD
Fully Customisable Suspension Kit
Racing Medium Tyres

Setup

Body / Chassis
Downforce: 0 / 0

Transmission
First, set max speed to 380 km/h. Then
1st: 3.09
2nd: 2.06
3rd: 1.73
4th: 1.37
5th: 1.08
6th: 0.88
Final: 3.32

Drivetrain
Initial Torque: 8 / 15
Acceleration Sensitivity: 10 / 15
Braking Sensitivity: 5 / 5
Torque Distributing Centre Diff: 35 / 65

Suspension
Ride Height Adjustment: +10 / -30
Spring Rate: 15.0 / 8.0
Dampers (extension): 10 / 10
Dampers (compression): 10 / 8
Anti-Roll Bars: 2 / 5
Camber Angle: 2.3 / 1.3
Toe Angle: 0.00 / +1.00

Brakes
Brake Balance: 5 / 7

Driving Options
Transmission: MT (recommended)
TCS: OFF (recommended)
Skid Recovery Force: OFF
Active Steering: OFF
ASM: OFF
ABS: 1

Surely the Audi RS6 was developed to study the effect of high G forces on children who are watching Toy Story 3. Or as a solution for the timetable clash between Terrence's soccer training and Brittany's cello lesson. Whatever the motive, stuffing an A6 wagon with a Lambo V10 makes a lot of sense. And if you're going to that effort, why not throw in a couple of turbos for good measure.

Sorry Brittany and Terrence, but this RS6 has the KMW treatment applied: leather seats and DVD players had to go for weight saving. One day, you'll learn about weight transfer and inertia, then you'll understand. Tuners might be looking at these settings and thinking that KMW has lost the plot! "Rear camber higher than front? +1.00 camber?? What on earth are they doing??" Well, for this tune, I threw out the rule book and went with what I thought the car liked best, regardless of how stupid the setting looks on paper. It's still an unwieldy car to drive, that demands a special driving style (hint: brake early, then you can get back on the power quicker), but hopefully you will find it a good improvement over the default settings and an enjoyable challenge.

Last edited:
Hi Reechard,
Thanks for the excellent review. Would you like to request a tune?

Was only a quick summary after my first drive.
Do you need me to send you the car Id want tunning?

If you can do a tune for the VW Golf V GTI that would be cool, as not touched mine yet.

Hi there fellas:)
Long time since I checked the tuning forum, is great to see that your garage is up and running:D Bigger and better, keep up:tup:

Also allow me to say that the DB7 is funnier than ever! That accelaration is so cool:D

Last edited:
Nomis we need to get Onboy to do a comparison review between your KMW Wagon++ and my Grüner Walddrache.:D Didn't check your PP but mine is tuned to 625. Think it would be fun to see the pros and cons of each tune by a neutral 3rd party.

Nomis we need to get Onboy to do a comparison review between your KMW Wagon++ and my Grüner Walddrache.:D Didn't check your PP but mine is tuned to 625. Think it would be fun to see the pros and cons of each tune by a neutral 3rd party.

Um……unless you haven't noticed, my user title says "can't start writing", which means I won't be able to do that…

Um……unless you haven't noticed, my user title says "can't start writing", which means I won't be able to do that…
Well then get one of your fellow reviewers to give it a go. I only suggested you since I've had the most experience working with you.
Hope your writing issues resolve themselves in the not to distant future budy we'll miss your wit until your back to form.:)

Why? Too busy tryin to make your veyron 440kmh+ out the tunnel? Just kidding. :D

My sparring partner(s) for the RS6 is(are) coming soon. Stay tuned. ;)

Why? Too busy tryin to make your veyron 440kmh+ out the tunnel? Just kidding. :D

My sparring partner(s) for the RS6 is(are) coming soon. Stay tuned. ;)

Well…actually, yes! I know you have that goal as well mate, don't try and look innocent:lol:

@XDesperado, well…I guess I could just do a black and white review where I just do some bulletpoints…but I'm so out of touch with corners that I can't tell whether it's me or the car…

Well…actually, yes! I know you have that goal as well mate, don't try and look innocent:lol:

@XDesperado, well…I guess I could just do a black and white review where I just do some bulletpoints…but I'm so out of touch with corners that I can't tell whether it's me or the car…
Not asking for anything tough...just say a pair of perfect laps of Nürburgring Nordschleife in a couple of 900+HP, 1500kg wagons...that's not asking much is it?:crazy::lol:

Not asking for anything tough...just say a pair of perfect laps of Nürburgring Nordschleife in a couple of 900+HP, 1500kg wagons...that's not asking much is it?:crazy::lol:

Honestly, I would rather be shot at than have to do 2 'perfect' laps in two-not exactly light- estates with more power than god…

Was only a quick summary after my first drive.
Do you need me to send you the car Id want tunning?

If you can do a tune for the VW Golf V GTI that would be cool, as not touched mine yet.
I've got a Golf V, so you don't need to send one thanks. I was going to do a Mk5 one day, so now I'll put it to the top of my To Do list. Any particular spec? Usually I go for max power, min weight and sports soft tyres; but happy to use whatever spec you like.

Long time since I checked the tuning forum, is great to see that your garage is up and running:D Bigger and better, keep up:tup:
Great to hear from you, if you ever get bored of the Aston and want something else tuned just let us know!

Yeah that would be really cool. Onboy, sorry to hear you're out of action for the moment. Can one of the tracks to be Laguna Seca, cos that's what I tuned my RS6 for? I've got an idea of someone I can ask to be the judge... hopefully news soon...

By the way, I hope you guys aren't turning Temetias into a drag queen...

Last edited:
Back