La Sarthe and Spa ,weather report and other " stuff "

Built a fast 5th gen Viper the other day, and it turns out to be very useful at La Sarthe (even though when I built it that wasn't on my mind at all). As built, with the downforce I settled on, the PP is just over 725 PP. But not hard to get it below 700 for the La Sarthe race. As built engine redline is north of 8000 rpm, but with FM set to 5 and shifting done between 6500 - 7000 rpm getting 3 laps out of a tank isn't difficult. As set with that fuel trim, 185 is still possible on the longer straights. I usually pit 3 times so for the 2 lap "stints" I set FM to 2 and shifted at whatever redline I felt like. 190+ all day on the long straights. Given how wide the car's wheels are from the factory, grip is tremendous and I found this car very easy to drive. Have used on La Sarthe twice so far. First time it didn't rain (couldn't believe it) with a victory margin of 55 seconds. Second race did involve rain and margin of victory was over 2 minutes. See photos for set up. Note, no need to add a widebody kit. Aero effects are personal preference.

IMG-2131.jpg

IMG-2128.jpg

IMG-2129.jpg

IMG-2130.jpg

IMG-2132.jpg

Yesterday I also raced the Porsche 918 good car 605HP with the hybrid system which will last 2 laps and can hit run 190mph.

It can do 3 laps FM 6.

But then the bad starts once the hybrid system runs out it becomes a turtle you'll be lucky to hit 160mph.

Overall I don't recommend any cars that has a hybrid systems.👍
Hybrids are not really good for this race

Yesterday I also raced the Porsche 918 good car 605HP with the hybrid system which will last 2 laps and can hit run 190mph.

It can do 3 laps FM 6.

But then the bad starts once the hybrid system runs out it becomes a turtle you'll be lucky to hit 160mph.

I agree about the hybrids. That’s why I sold my FXX K.

It can do 3 laps FM 6.

You can still win with a car that can pull a minimum of 155 Mph, is just the battle of fuel saving that can be the key or problem.

I won the race with the 918 I was more about the huge drop in performance once the hybrid runs out.👍

But in other news don't try the Bugatti Chiron 2016 in this race even at the lowest HP which is around 817 and on FM 6 you wont even get 1 and half lap.:lol:

And no amount of coasting will help which is to bad cause its a pretty good car.

Not long time ago, i use a hybrid car , was the Subaru vgt i think.
The first two laps was ok , but after that was just crawling.
I don't " like " them especially for that race cause there isn't any steady base that you can count on.
Also am not a fan of fuel saving other than use higher FM mod.

Yesterday i managed two races with 2 cars from @jrbabbitt " collection " , the Alfa and the Corvette.
Good cars both on stock settings, can't tell which was faster cause i was very tired to maintain focus but Alfa seems that can be faster .

Welcome to our la sarthe company @WolfpackS2k

Funny thing is that after update 1.37 (latest ) I have found that the weather at LeMans has been significantly lighter in average, I've had a few hard heavy rains but mostly light and even no rain races...
Agreed. I've run six races in six days and I've only changed tyres once, and that was on lap 6 when there was a second weather front. Other than that any rain has been easily delt with slick tyres.

Expensive Build - The Ferrari Enzo WTC 700PP Special.

First I'll start by saying WOW what a car. 👍

Summery.

Good for 3 laps on FM6 with coasting.
Great acceleration with top speed of over 190mph.
Handles great but others can make it handle better.
Fastest Lap time 4:09.565
Manual Transmission and Short Shifting use.

Laps 1-2 Are sunny and Dry
Gran Turismo® 7_20230914001846.jpg
Lap 3 - Pit stop and dry
Gran Turismo® 7_20230914002146.jpg
Laps 4-6 - Dry and Sunny
Lap 7 - Dry and Sunny

Results and Setup.
Gran Turismo® 7_20230914004033.jpg
Gran Turismo® 7_20230914004344.jpg

Lap 2 Video lap.👍

Last edited:
Closing to the half of the month and due to early morning lumbago that kept me home , i check my notes and i have the weather " info " till now.
Notes are kept from mine and other players info and we have the following results.

Dry races. 28

Light rain to dry 16

Rain. 24

Heavy rain. 12

So is confirmed that the weather is on the " light " side since we have 44 dry vs 36 with rain .
Only two races was with rain and at 6th lap .
I had two times 3 dry races in a row !!!.
Also whatever the amount of heavy rain was , never touch the high levels that was before 1.31 update.
Few races was on wet track that keep the track wet till the end , but the majority of rain and heavy rain cases was drying out quickly ( short of ) .

Yesterday i run various cars for the first time.
I tried Hyundai vgt ( twice ) bmw vgt , BRZ gr3 , Bugatti vgt , McLaren vgt and some older cars i used in the past .
Hyundai was close to LM 55 performance but behind definitely.
What impressed me was the BRZ at stock trim , nice ride , excellent speed at FM6 and no tyre wear at all ( RH tyres ) .
For the rest nothing " important " to declare.

@Chikane_GTR my Enzo proved a bit gaster than yours.
I don't add parts and permanent modifications on cars that i have only one , especially the old ones.
Just try two times at noon and i was struggling with braking on two points but it seems faster than what you try.
Don't know the settings where are from , i was using it at some Ferrari challenges with sport tyres , perhaps is from praiano but am not sure .
Of course am talking about suspension settings, the other is my choice.

IMG_20230915_185602333_HDR.jpg
IMG_20230915_185425048_HDR.jpg

I use the racing gear box not the manual and i didn't put any aero .
The car is capable for 3.2 laps on FM6 without any savings etc.

Last edited:
@Chikane_GTR my Enzo proved a bit gaster than yours.
I don't add parts and permanent modifications on cars that i have only one , especially the old ones.
Just try two times at noon and i was struggling with braking on two points but it seems faster than what you try.
Don't know the settings where are from , i was using it at some Ferrari challenges with sport tyres , perhaps is from praiano but am not sure .
Of course am talking about suspension settings, the other is my choice.

View attachment 1287362View attachment 1287364

I use the racing gear box not the manual and i didn't put any aero .
The car is capable for 3.2 laps on FM6 without any savings etc.
Is the braking problems, the car feeling loose, or just takes too long to break?
You LSD braking setup seems extra loose for a MR, and that might make it very unstable under braking/off throttle. specially once you're out of racing tyres.
Suspension wise, what could be done to improve on twitchiness would be either:

A - Stifening up the dampers compression, but that would make you suffer on the kerbs
B - Stiffen up the ARB's, and leave a 3 points gap from front to rear - ex: 8 front 5 rear
C - Increase rear toe a bit, to around 25-30 positive, so it helps maintaining it stable once you're back on power.

You can also add a bit more camber to the front, like 2.8-3.2

Is the braking problems, the car feeling loose, or just takes too long to break?
You LSD braking setup seems extra loose for a MR, and that might make it very unstable under braking/off throttle. specially once you're out of racing tyres.
Suspension wise, what could be done to improve on twitchiness would be either:

A - Stifening up the dampers compression, but that would make you suffer on the kerbs
B - Stiffen up the ARB's, and leave a 3 points gap from front to rear - ex: 8 front 5 rear
C - Increase rear toe a bit, to around 25-30 positive, so it helps maintaining it stable once you're back on power.

You can also add a bit more camber to the front, like 2.8-3.2

Now that you mention it , the LCD is indeed very loose .
Its cause usually i put it loose on many cars and i " forgot " with what am dealing with.
Thanks mate.

@WolfpackS2k great choice that Viper .
I really impressed how " easy " and handful was .
I like it better than the Enzo 👀 ( shame on me )

And since i say Enzo ok @Chikane_GTR am in .
Fastest lap ,FM6 , clear lap .
I don't mention the " no cheats " cause i know you are a clean driver ,not common for a Billionaire of course but you are an exception 🤣🤣
Note
I will not add ANY permanent modifications ito mine and am sure you have a lot of them to use😂

@Lilium any " trick " to reduce braking distance ?

Last edited:
@Chikane_GTR i raise the " bar " a bit .
And to make it fair we can count Only the second lap which is always a dry one and we have the same amount of fuel ⛽
So don't count the faster one but the second lap.
I have save the replay .

Contest ends at Sunday till F1 Singapore race begins. !!!!
Of course EVERYONE can participate.
Object fastest 2nd lap
Car Ferrari Enzo.
No permanent modifications except rear wing .
FM6 use only

IMG_20230915_221031317_HDR.jpg

IMG_20230915_221108812_HDR.jpg

Last edited:
@smoothbore12 Nice job but you do have to post a video for that fast lap.

That should be a require.👍

Anyway I'll try to improve my time a little later.

Of course mate , i have the replay saved so ill upload it at the end .
No needed every time to post a vid i guess, just information and picks that show the outcome.
Vids at the end are required.

But since you want it, ill upload it for you later.

Today's race was a mess.
Alfa Romeo 4C Gr.4

18a9a952f2047-27720657D01D4B63844.315B375F96579043_message_433870487788875_1694806592925.jpg

RM tyres, FM1 is the setting I used because FM6 was too damned slow, it couldn't keep up.
You will get three laps on FM1 and if you want to stretch it out you can possibly get 4 if you coast and drive easy.
Lap 1 sunny and chasing the pack, even on FM1 it was slow catching up, the only way I was getting any progress was that the AI brakes early at turns.
Lap 2 light blue appears on radar but no rain on track.
Lap 3 getting close to the top 6 and rains fall in second half of lap with heavy showing in distance in radar. Enter pit for wets and fuel.
Lap 4 rains do not get heavy for the wets so I know I will have to come back in early. Should have stayed on RH
Lap 5 catching up to the leaders but cannot pass before lap ends, wet tyres are toasted will have to pit in
Lap 6 put RH tyres back on and a splash of gas and out I go on lap 6. Catch and pass P3 but the other two ahead will pit in at end of lap, so I have to make sure I can start the 7th lap before time runs out and will get the win.
Lap 7 barely pass use leads in the pits, which guarantees my win.
Rough race, and now I know why the Alfa 4C is always P20 at start, it's SLOW.

P.s. got a ☆☆☆☆☆ ticket for the troubles.

Last edited:
Alert
giphy (4).gif

For those who " watching " the thread and like to participate to the contest that me and Billionaire start , ill write the details again:

Car Ferrari Enzo
Objective , faster second lap .
FM6 use only
No permanent modifications except rear wing.
Everyone is welcome.

Alert
View attachment 1287427

For those who " watching " the thread and like to participate to the contest that me and Billionaire start , ill write the details again:

Car Ferrari Enzo
Objective , faster second lap .
FM6 use only
No permanent modifications except rear wing.
Everyone is welcome.
Sorry but count me out, I do not have an Enzo on any of my three accounts....

My latest try with a improve setup was a wash rain starts at the end of lap 2 and doesn't finished till lap 5 but will keep trying.:)
Sorry but count me out, I do not have an Enzo on any of my three accounts....
Man I wish I could gift you 1 of my 20 this is why I miss the trade feature from gt5 so much.:(

Last edited:
My latest try with a improve setup was a wash rain starts at the end of lap 2 and doesn't finished till lap 5 but will keep trying.:)

Man I wish I could gift you 1 of my 20 this is why I miss the trade feature from gt5 so much.:(
That's the reason i thought its more " fair " to count the second lap .
And is easier for someone to quit and try again if he don't wanna do all the race .
At third lap you have to pit anyway and you have only one clear lap , the 5th one , with many possibilities to face wet track.
Can't find any set up yet , mine isn't praiano's which happens to not update it after 1.31 .
Perhaps the Enzo " lover " @NW_Saint have something ,but doesn't " watch" this thread.
I'll post mine if you want to try it but am not comfortable with it .
I think my possibilities are only to enter at 4.02's as it is but nothing else .
IMG_20230915_234003303_HDR.jpg

I have also racing brakes and pads .

PS

I must admit that you have a disadvantage there cause is my farming griding race that i have done hundreds times.
You are the king of Tokyo for example which is very logical to loose from you there ( not to mention that i hate it 🤣 )
So if you win at the end , your victory will count " double " on weight.

Last edited:
Maybe it's just me, I have noticed a uptick in the AI spinning me out.
It happens to me lately when i was trying some slower cars but to be honest, i really don't know what is the " regular " or " usual " let's say manner .
I used to run faster cars and AI was never a " problem" especially at easy level that i run.

The only uptick i notice lately is that i have more sudden rains for a very short period at 5th and 6th lap which was very rare in the past .

Back